: need 3.0 help

Sparky's 9-5 3t
05-16-10, 03:00 AM
Hello everyone. I'm here because I'm doing research on a project. I own a 2003 Saab 9-5 with a turbo 3.0 Catera motor. Most on my Saab forum say the motor can't handle much more than stock boost. The motor has a G17 running off the front bank of cylinders. Basically, I'm on a quest to make her twin turbo. I TIG and fab for a living, so fabrication costs are nil. My only expenses will be parts and computer tuning. I need help being pointed in the right direction as to who would have the knowledge I need to build up my motor to handle bigger turbos. Please take this seriously :D

Thank You

Sparky's 9-5 3t
05-16-10, 05:17 PM
Somebody? Please? 75 views and no responses?

concorso
06-04-10, 11:46 AM
Response. Id bet I can help as much as the people whove looked at this before me. ;)

If someone on this board has an answer, they will let you know. This is a very helpful board. If nooone responds, you have an answer.

briggy
07-10-10, 09:03 PM
The story is the same as with every stock motor out there. If you want it to handle more boost you have to strengthen and balance the motor. This means high performance rods and pistons, and a lighter balanced crank. Less rotating mass = higher rpms.

Long story short bring the engine to a machine shop, size the pistons and rods, then have them installed.

Hello everyone. I'm here because I'm doing research on a project. I own a 2003 Saab 9-5 with a turbo 3.0 Catera motor. Most on my Saab forum say the motor can't handle much more than stock boost. The motor has a G17 running off the front bank of cylinders. Basically, I'm on a quest to make her twin turbo. I TIG and fab for a living, so fabrication costs are nil. My only expenses will be parts and computer tuning. I need help being pointed in the right direction as to who would have the knowledge I need to build up my motor to handle bigger turbos. Please take this seriously :D

Thank You

goldenb19
10-01-12, 06:48 PM
Hi mate this has been tried in a few uk vauxhalls to no joy the biggest problem is cooling as the rear bank will get very hot! some tuned up NA 2.5 have been known to melt the no1 piston!!!! i only know of one thats been done in the uk and that cant be run too long :S and i belive the front valve springs are stronger so you would need to swap the backs out too :)