: 1993-96 Fleetwood/Fleetwood Brougham production numbers?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-15-10, 11:58 AM
I got to thinking, even though the Brougham package was $1650-$2250 on top of a Fleetwood, it seems that most of Fleetwoods made between 93-96 had the Brougham package. Does anyone else notice this trend? It's pretty hard to find a "base" Fleetwood. Were they ever used as fleet cars, for rentals and whatnot?

CadillacPimpinNOLA
05-15-10, 01:21 PM
my 95 fw has the hardroof, not that vinyl crap, if it had it when i got the car i would have taken it off. IMO the worst vinyl top design ever. now i do like the carrage e&g vogue roofs

durrk johnson
05-15-10, 01:33 PM
my 95 fw has the hardroof, not that vinyl crap, if it had it when i got the car i would have taken it off. IMO the worst vinyl top design ever. now i do like the carrage e&g vogue roofs

What's so bad about the design besides the small back window?

HUF
05-15-10, 02:22 PM
What's so bad about the design besides the small back window?
Small back window? Try 1991 Seville!

CadillacPimpinNOLA
05-15-10, 03:50 PM
i dont like how it doesnt cover the doors, come down far enough on the sail panels. if they made a vinyl top like the carriage tops i would like that

77CDV
05-15-10, 06:23 PM
It's the same story as what happend after the Brougham package was introduced for the Fleetwood 60S back in 1965. The Broughams far outnumbered the Sixty Specials, reaching a 9:1 ratio by 1970. The Brougham completely supplanted the 60S in 1971, and the Sixty Special name was retired until returning in 1987 for a few years.

SDCaddyLacky
05-16-10, 01:57 AM
That's true, I wish the vinyl top covered the side of the car more, it's almost doesn't make sense to even have the top when the C piller seems so narrow. I think a different color vinyl top looks better than a same color vinyl top.

I was thinking of going black when I get my vinyl top redone, even though it's the same red color of my car. I think these cars look the best when the vinyl or cloth tops covers the rear doors.

Cadillac hardly made any of these things, you almost wonder why Cadillac even bothered to produce the 93-96 FW's when they didn't even go into production for at least 5 years. It was a waste of time, money and effort on GM's part.

So to the guys that own 93-96 FWB's, you should be extremely thankful and grateful that you were able to pick one of these babies up. These are truly awesome cars, that is a perfect mix of how Cadillacs used to be back in the good ole days, but with a modern engine, interior, and electronics to go with it.

outsider
05-16-10, 09:06 AM
my 95 is a brougham but it has no vinyl roof :)

BossHoggin'
05-16-10, 01:45 PM
I have only seen one brougham with the hard roof. These 93-96 Fleetwoods are starting to become super rare.
Most ppl cant even tell the difference between these and the devilles.
They should of made the chrome wheels standard on these models.

themadwacker1
05-16-10, 01:59 PM
I have only seen one brougham with the hard roof. These 93-96 Fleetwoods are starting to become super rare.

Got Me One :D

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy162/themadwacker_1/New%201993%20Fleetwood/NEW1993Fteetwood_04.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-16-10, 02:18 PM
So, YES, there were more Fleetwood Broughams made than the base Fleetwoods?

themadwacker1
05-16-10, 03:24 PM
So, YES, there were more Fleetwood Broughams made than the base Fleetwoods?

True, they are rare; my friend has a base FW with the lace mags. I have only seen 3 or 4 in my time & found over all they are pretty much the same as the Brougham, really just small differences. The fleet vehicles I have seen were even less equipped IE; no controls for the passenger seat up front, pie plate caddy hub caps, no trunk pull down. But the taxis that I have seen that were Fleetwood’s were in fact Broughams.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-16-10, 05:03 PM
It used to be that if I was going to buy a 1994-96 Fleetwood, it had to have the Brougham option, but seeing as how these are getting harder and harder to find in good condition with low mileage, I'd take a Fleetwood just as well if it had what I was looking for.

HUF
05-16-10, 05:12 PM
Got Me One :D

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy162/themadwacker_1/New%201993%20Fleetwood/NEW1993Fteetwood_04.jpg

Nice color (taupe) and HARDTOP!

Cadillacboy
05-17-10, 03:30 PM
Have you ever seen a limo with Brougham Gold PAckage ?
I think that's even rarer lol

CadillacZach77
05-20-10, 12:42 PM
I got to thinking, even though the Brougham package was $1650-$2250 on top of a Fleetwood, it seems that most of Fleetwoods made between 93-96 had the Brougham package. Does anyone else notice this trend? It's pretty hard to find a "base" Fleetwood. Were they ever used as fleet cars, for rentals and whatnot?

I got a base fleetwood. I really like the wheels and the hard top. Not a big fan of the 2.56 rear though. The only thing I notice is that it lacks lumbar supports. But, yes mine was originally owned by the local funeral home. Now they have a shitty Deville line-up.

Funny story: I went to the dump a few weeks ago and the stupid car auto locked on me with the engine running. :mad2: Why does it do this sometimes. I can't figure it out, I noticed it does it some when I'm leaving the car. It's not a problem because I always have my keys with me. We'll I like to shut the door at the dump because of flies. So I had to call my Mom to come get me to go get the spare keys while the car was running for about 30 minutes :banghead:. Anyway while I was waiting for my Mom and shooting the breeze with the dump guy he asked if I was an undertaker. I couldn't believe it. He said it looked like a funeral home car.

77CDV
05-20-10, 02:02 PM
Well, it was. :lol:

DPGC23
05-20-10, 09:28 PM
MADWACKER
THOSE ARE ALL UR CARS???
thats dope.

my 94 has the top on it, i like them with the top though, but yours looks clean man, props

dpgc23