: Has your battery ever mysteriously died? Check out my story!

roccos_van
05-15-10, 01:52 AM
Well first off, this is just wierd...but anyways have a read.

I own on '07 awd full jam minus the power steps. When I first bought it after a couple of months I went to the garage to leave in the morning and the truck was completely dead. I put the charger on it, took it to the dealer and they replaced the battery. Over the course of the first year, it happened 3 or 4 times. It happened so often that i went out and bought an expensive digital charger.

Carl (HCVONE) told me that factory batteries were not good quality and could not keep up with the demands of the truck. I took his advice and purchased a very high end battery (OPTIMA) and for the past year and a bit have never had it die on me, so Carl, you were right!

Now, what's the point of my story, well, as some of you may know I recently added the onstar VCIM with factory bluetooth to my ride. I love it...anyways, today around ten at night im watching sports center, and...my blackberry's LED starts flashing blue. I look at it...wtf?? It says...connection to GENERAL MOTORS successful!!

So, I go down to the garage, and open it, it's dark inside and what do i see? the nav screen is on!!! So I make a call from outside the truck and it works!!!

Now I know why the battery would die, something on the truck has a gremlin and it turns on the acc power by itself!

I unlocked the truck, hopped in, started it, let it idle and the nav screen boot up, then I turned it off and everything is back to normal again!

Just something for you guys to know...L8!!

Big Windy Ext
05-15-10, 07:54 AM
Sounds like a sticking relay . Now you know whats happening , maybe you stand a chance fixing that sucker.

hcvone
05-17-10, 07:08 AM
Weird problem Roc. My 10' has battery issues but the other way, I could not kill the stock Delco by leaving the radio and lights on no matter how long, it was not like all my other Escalade's that the battery would die in less than an hour, but I added the second battery anyway since I had the cables in stock.

PAUL M
05-17-10, 12:00 PM
This happened on mine four or five times. Really annoying. The problem I had was that the dvd player would keep running and wouldnt shut off. i had to pull the fuse to get it to stop. Then it would work fine.

WaterKing
05-19-10, 10:25 PM
Same here...Looked outside and saw the glow from the EXT...Went out and screen was lit, dvd spinning but there was no dvd in the player. Eventually the dealer replaced the radio after it ate a couple of CD's and got jammed. Hasn't happened since then. Did not get replacement CD's :mad: I am going to do the Tahoe police package upgrade when the subwoofer is installed...As it was, about an hour of listening to the radio made it iffy to start until I put an Everstart MAXX from W**mart in it. Now it is about three hours before the battery may/may not start the truck.