: So my Wife drove the V today for the first time.

2manycars
05-14-10, 09:30 PM
When I wanted to buy the car, it sure was not a popular idea around here... hence my handle. Promises of sharing were made... in hopes of convincing her otherwise. ;)

Have had it for awhile, but she has yet to want to drive it. When i brought it home, she liked the styling, the color, the interior... and even likes riding in it... but I keep hearing when she wants something to lean her way... "I went for your mid life crisis car....."

Took her Odyssey to the shop for her today.... and later in the morning my cell phone rang and it was my little girl on her mom's phone:

"what's up baby"
- "nothing, I'm riding in the red car"
- - "you are?!?"

Ends up she likes it!! Said it was "fun" to drive. :) Says that guys were checking out the car when she was at a light or something. I had been driving it for awhile now... and we all know that sometimes someone may be looking over the car... but not that much. They were checking her out... in a V.

She giggles and says it was them checking out the car... but we all know better than that... they were checking out the chick in the sporty red Cadillac... and she knew it :) She was in a pretty good mood when I got home... but we all know driving a V will do that to you. ;)

Anyways... it feels good that she finally likes one of the hotrods! The Vette is OK but "not practical", the supercharged Harley truck is "too big and rides too rough", but the V is "fun".

"Cool" :)

Cracks me up and I thought I would share it with you guys. Wonder if I am going to need to hide her key. :D:D

heavymetals
05-14-10, 10:18 PM
Hide the key when she complains about the wheel hop..........:histeric:

rand49er
05-14-10, 10:21 PM
... They were checking her out... in a V. ... they were checking out the chick in the sporty red Cadillac... and she knew it :) She was in a pretty good mood when I got home... I'm thinking of several questions right now:

1) When's the divorce?
2) If not, did you "get lucky" that night?
3) If you got lucky, is she going out in the car again tonight?
4) If you didn't get lucky, did you hide her key to the V in a really good spot?
5) Have you been getting any hang-up calls when you answer the phone?
6) Does her cell phone ring a lot more than before?
7) Is she shopping for a lot of tight leather skirts lately?

I could go on ...

Depending on the answers to 2) and 3) above, this could be good or it could be bad. :stirpot:

heavymetals
05-15-10, 12:03 AM
I have a friend of mine that has a knockout for a wife.

He bought her a Vette and she would wash it in front of the house in her whatever looked great wet.

His neighbor commented to him about his "Trophy wife".

THIS IS THE BEST LINE I HAVE EVER HEARD.

His reply," You have no idea what it costs to polish that trophy".

52many
05-15-10, 12:28 AM
I'm thinking of several questions right now:

1) When's the divorce?
4) If you didn't get lucky, did you hide her key to the V in a really good spot?

I could go on ...

Depending on the answers to 2) and 3) above, this could be good or it could be bad. :stirpot:

lmao

Baltimore07V
05-15-10, 01:23 AM
When I wanted to buy the car, it sure was not a popular idea around here... hence my handle. Promises of sharing were made... in hopes of convincing her otherwise. ;)

Have had it for awhile, but she has yet to want to drive it. When i brought it home, she liked the styling, the color, the interior... and even likes riding in it... but I keep hearing when she wants something to lean her way... "I went for your mid life crisis car....."

Took her Odyssey to the shop for her today.... and later in the morning my cell phone rang and it was my little girl on her mom's phone:

"what's up baby"
- "nothing, I'm riding in the red car"
- - "you are?!?"

Ends up she likes it!! Said it was "fun" to drive. :) Says that guys were checking out the car when she was at a light or something. I had been driving it for awhile now... and we all know that sometimes someone may be looking over the car... but not that much. They were checking her out... in a V.

She giggles and says it was them checking out the car... but we all know better than that... they were checking out the chick in the sporty red Cadillac... and she knew it :) She was in a pretty good mood when I got home... but we all know driving a V will do that to you. ;)

Anyways... it feels good that she finally likes one of the hotrods! The Vette is OK but "not practical", the supercharged Harley truck is "too big and rides too rough", but the V is "fun".

"Cool" :)

Cracks me up and I thought I would share it with you guys. Wonder if I am going to need to hide her key. :D:D

I really hope you like driving your Vette now.......

My V+wife story is my parents, my wife, and I went to dinner. Well, my parents and I had enough to be buzzed, so my wife drove home. Parents in the back seat and all. Well, we are at a light, and there is a grey 350z acting like a total jerk in traffic, and he is inching up against my wife, waiting for the light to turn. She lets out the clutch, when the light turns green and puts two blocks on that 350Z. Needless to say, I have to be careful to check the tread on the tires whenever she is done borrowing my car.

Flavoade
05-15-10, 04:51 AM
I find a woman that drives a high-performance car or enjoys driving as much as I do very appealing. Reminds of the cruise I took down the interstate. A chick in a Black V caught up to me and gave me a little run.

Since your wife is your teammate it would be right to share the driving experience with her, or better yet, get another V so you two can chase each other! If I had a wife I would buy her something, so she can keep up with me.

Fueling up at a gas station I saw guy and a woman. I believe the woman was his girlfriend or wife. They had two matching sportbikes on a trailer they were hauling and they were filling them up for some riding. How cool is that?

onebadcad
05-15-10, 12:17 PM
Great wife, I say she is a keeper. My wife refuses to drive my V or C6, says both are too loud, she did drive each when I first got them, but only for a few miles, threw the keys at me when she got back and just walked away.

His reply," You have no idea what it costs to polish that trophy".

I hope the polishing is a reciprocal thing,,,

Lee-AnnMarie
05-15-10, 06:09 PM
It's nice to finally hear about more women driving V's and actually enjoying them!!!!

rand49er
05-15-10, 09:53 PM
It's nice to finally hear about more women driving V's and actually enjoying them!!!!It's nice to see someone take one of these threads that's about to "go off in the weeds" and redirect it.

Well, at least try anyway. :D

ahahnu
05-16-10, 09:10 AM
Fueling up at a gas station I saw guy and a woman. I believe the woman was his girlfriend or wife. They had two matching sportbikes on a trailer they were hauling and they were filling them up for some riding. How cool is that? Before I was born my parents had a Chevy van carpeted on the inside. They both had motorcycles and would load the van with them then go camping or to Watkins Glen for the F1 raves. They'd park then ride the bikes around and camp.

bneal1022
05-16-10, 11:13 AM
don't know much about you... but with the V, a funny thing may start happening... If you've been together long enough (sounds like you have a daughter, so i assume you have). I assume wifey's bra and undies do not match on a daily basis anymore like they used to. I bet shortly you will see that they match oddly enough. When that starts happening, start worrying and ask the questions above from other posts. Sure sign somthing's up. If not..... she's a good egg and you're the world's luckiest boy !

2manycars
05-17-10, 06:07 PM
Hide the key when she complains about the wheel hop..........

hummm.... good point :thumbsup:

I'm thinking of several questions right now:

1) When's the divorce?

:eek: hadn't thought of that

It looked like I was gonna, but then her cell phone rang :bonkers:

nope - I hid her key... see #4, took your advise

I sure did :shhh:

you know... now that you mention it.....

hummm... and she said it was her friends calling more... and I believed her..... :bang2:

I sure hope so, I sooo miss those..... LOL

Depending on the answers to 2) and 3) above, this could be good or it could be bad.

LMAO - good stuff Randy! I read this to her, and she laughed a bunch... she thinks you are pretty funny.
Hey... that wasn't you on the phone was it?!? LOL

I find a woman that drives a high-performance car or enjoys driving as much as I do very appealing.

Me Too!

It's nice to finally hear about more women driving V's and actually enjoying them!!!!

I was telling her about you Lee AnnMarie... and she thinks it is pretty cool that we have some ladies on the forum! I do too!

Before I was born my parents had a Chevy van carpeted on the inside. They both had motorcycles and would load the van with them then go camping or to Watkins Glen for the F1 raves. They'd park then ride the bikes around and camp.

Something tells me that these outings may have had something to do with you being born....
They sound like cool parents! :thumbsup:

don't know much about you... but with the V, a funny thing may start happening... If you've been together long enough (sounds like you have a daughter, so i assume you have). I assume wifey's bra and undies do not match on a daily basis anymore like they used to. I bet shortly you will see that they match oddly enough. When that starts happening, start worrying and ask the questions above from other posts. Sure sign somthing's up. If not..... she's a good egg and you're the world's luckiest boy !

I hear you. Am keeping my eye out on the bra and undies she's putting on now (I like this job ;) ). LOL

We are actually coming up on our 10 year anniversary next month, so we have been together for a while. "She is a good egg".

One of my favorite parts of her story on driving the V last Friday, was how she got some looks from guys at stoplights.

When she sold her Thunderbird and got the Odyssey minivan, she actually cried just a little... she felt like it was the end of an era for her.

It sure did a 42 yr old Mom of 3 good, to be checked out in a sporty car again!! It was the coolness of the V that helped in that... love it!! :thumbsup:

She asked me last night if she and her 2 friends can take it on the road trip for next weekend... that they have had planned for a month now. I am not sure how I feel about that. I would be without being able to drive the V for 3 days, and she would be out of town with it :eek: :suspense:

Now "before" she asked about taking the V on the road trip... I was like:

:wavehi:

:dance7::nanaparty:

Lee-AnnMarie
05-17-10, 07:35 PM
2manycars, you're too funny lol!!

heavymetals
05-17-10, 08:30 PM
Maybe she will lunch the diff before you do.......:hide:

ahahnu
05-18-10, 09:22 AM
She asked me last night if she and her 2 friends can take it on the road trip for next weekend... that they have had planned for a month now. I am not sure how I feel about that. I would be without being able to drive the V for 3 days, and she would be out of town with it
It all depends on where they are going. A nice sandy location.... make sure she takes her wedding ring. TRUST ME. When on vacation my friends and I ran into some cougars and my one buddy said, "Oh your married? Where's your ring? Husband?" Home was the reply to both with a "I want to have fun" mixed in.