: Penske Coilovers

TroyFleming
05-14-10, 08:18 PM
A friend of mine sold his V and has a set of used Penske's that were on it for a short period of time. How much do you think they are worth? Thanks in advance.

darkman
05-14-10, 08:41 PM
The last time checked on Penske's they were between $1k and $1.5k per corner depending the shock and whether it was the true coilover or the spring/shock combo.

TroyFleming
05-14-10, 09:01 PM
The last time checked on Penske's they were between $1k and $1.5k per corner depending the shock and whether it was the true coilover or the spring/shock combo.

They are all red like most, but have a spot to hook a line up towards the bottom of them. So whatever hooked to that is missing. Wonder if it can be replaced.

He said they cost alot, but did not talk price. He's pretty much giving me them, guys got money.

darkman
05-14-10, 10:07 PM
They are all red like most, but have a spot to hook a line up towards the bottom of them. So whatever hooked to that is missing. Wonder if it can be replaced.

He said they cost alot, but did not talk price. He's pretty much giving me them, guys got money.

My guess is that you are describing what was a remote reservoir line. I am sure it can be replaced. Everything on a Penske is rebuildable/replaceable - their blood line is pure racing. (I broke one those off of an expensive street bike monshock once when I dropped the bike off the kick stand during install - the shock maker replaced it free of charge.)

thebigjimsho
05-16-10, 06:56 PM
Two words: A LOT.

TroyFleming
05-17-10, 09:26 AM
Two words: A LOT.

Thanks for the complete breakdown. Going to toss him a couple bucks for the Penskes, although I probably won't use them.

ctsv154
05-17-10, 09:49 AM
If you don't use them, give a fellow forum member a good deal and let me buy them if the price is right!

TroyFleming
05-17-10, 10:34 AM
If you don't use them, give a fellow forum member a good deal and let me buy them if the price is right!

Obviously would give a good deal to a forum member if I decide to not use them, but at same time a good deal to some board members is dirt cheap. None of us became V owners by not making money. After doing research this is a $4500-6000 setup NEW. What would be considered a good deal to you?

ctsv154
05-17-10, 10:39 AM
Well that all depends on how much you pay for them lol

TroyFleming
05-17-10, 11:18 AM
Well that all depends on how much you pay for them lol

That's if I tell the price lol. Let's say I pay $500 for them, you think forum members will question $2000+ for them, doubtful. A few may say why make so much profit, help a board member out and pass the savings on, but at same time be private messaging me with a better offer then the last. Can only help so much, it's whatever the board free market sets it at lol. He said I could use them for awile if I want, so I may take him up on the offer, but probably won't notice much street driving.