: Tire ?

sthorn71
05-14-10, 10:10 AM
My 07 V came with a set of Dunlop winter sports on it. Presently the backs are 5/32 and the fronts are in pretty good shape. Their not in great enough shape to take them off, put a set of Summers on and keep them for next winter though. So my thinking is just use them until their shot and get the Continental DWS's next. The question is does it make any sense to take the good Fronts and put them on the Back?

Thanks!

Claimslngr
05-14-10, 10:27 AM
Just buy a 2nd set of winters and rims. A new set of rims are really pretty cheap and you will save on remount costs. A nice sticky set of summer tires is really fun with this car.:dance:

BTW nothing is an easy decision with these cars! (except removing cags and a new shifter):sneaky:

AAIIIC
05-14-10, 11:21 AM
The question is does it make any sense to take the good Fronts and put them on the Back?
I would. I don't spend my days doing smoky burnouts every chance I get, but the rears wear faster regardless.

POS VETT
05-14-10, 11:49 AM
I would take off those winter tires. They suck in higher temperature due to the very soft compound. Pick up a used set of OEM wheels and mount them there.

HeavyH20
05-14-10, 07:09 PM
5/32 is decent if that is the back side. I bet you could use them one more winter if the 5/32's were on the front and the good ones on the back. Even with that level of tread, they will be much better than all seasons. I had a set in the very same condition I used all last winter. Might want to save them.

Personally, I would get some summer tires right away. Those things will almost melt in the summer, start chunking and will feel greasy around corners.