: Predator for gas mileage increase ?

paidge7
05-14-10, 12:42 AM
if the main reason of buying a predator tuner is to increase my MPG do you recommend it or it will be another non doing the job gadget ?

If its not for that why this gadget is so popular, what's your favorite feature ?

hcvone
05-14-10, 07:07 AM
Predator for performance, you may see a gain on the highway, but not around town in fuel mileage, 400 plus hp and 400 plus ft lbs of torque, it is what it is. I have had 7 Escalade's since 2007 with all kinds of different mods, my trucks get 11.5 to 13 mpg around town and 18 to 22 mpg on the highway, no matter what mods, long tube headers, catbacks, air intakes and computer tuning, you maybe able to get a few more mpg on the highway and a few tenths around town.

krieghoff
05-14-10, 07:57 AM
I don't understand! No matter where I drive I get the same mileage!

If I drive my 08 ESV without my 3000# trailer on it I get 10.7mpg.

With the trailer I get 10.6mpg!!

Fast Eddie
05-14-10, 09:30 AM

Well if that is the case I would just stick with towing the trailer all the time....:eek:

MATCHN_TOYZ
05-14-10, 11:07 AM

Mine is the same way.....:confused:

Adding to it... I still get the same MPG when I have the 26in or 18in factory rims on.:suspect:

I dont mind paying all the $$$ for the upgrades when it adds power...but to spend $300(CAI) + $1000-$1200(Corsa exhaust) + $300(chip) = over $2000 bucks for 3-5"real"MPGs just doesnt make sense. Yes its a nice benifit of the extra power....but I wouldnt do it just of the extra 3-5MPGs. It takes a long time to just break even... my 07 has less than 35K..so I would never break even. Plus I remember reading in a Truckin Mag that most end up going down in MPGs because they tend to step on it more after getting the extra power or louder exhaust.

Either way... cant wait to drop my 2K for no change in MPGs as long as it sounds better and boost power
:thumbsup:

**FAST EDDIE**.... I agree with you. If I could I would.... but finding parking for the truck is already hard enough....haha

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/513/461/26280230237_large.jpg

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/513/461/26280230236_large.jpg

Neoex
05-14-10, 01:03 PM
MATCHIN do you have your lade lowered, if so what did you do to it, i like the stance(it maybe the trailer lowering it tho)

MATCHN_TOYZ
05-14-10, 01:57 PM
MATCHIN do you have your lade lowered, if so what did you do to it, i like the stance(it maybe the trailer lowering it tho)

Yes I added a 2/4 lowering kit. 2in lowering spindels and 4in lowering springs with shock extenders for the rear. Still has the factory air so when I add the trailer or weight in the back it still lifts up.

:thumbsup:

Ronin
05-15-10, 12:32 AM
If you want 2 1/2 times the HP and 3 times the torque; here you go:

http://www.hlineconversion.com/index.php

1K HP, 1.2K torque, around 26 MPG highway. Turn key conversion is around $55K give or take.

Now THAT'S a hybrid. $2K+ for bolt-ons for a rather "modest" (to put it nicely) increase in power, and the only MPG increase is if you drive like you have a bald eagle's egg under the go pedal.

There's another diesel conversion place that I'm talking to right now that's significantly cheaper, but you do get what you pay for!

paidge7
05-17-10, 10:13 PM
HC

so with the predator i can double the performance of my truck without affecting the durability of it ? and also doing the same MPG that i am doing right now even if i got a truck lamborghini !? :p