: Visual differences?

Roll on Mr. Spaceman
05-13-10, 10:47 AM
What are the visual differences between the 2007 and 2008 models (assuming the 06 and 07 are the same and the 08 and 09 are the same)?

Than you!

Berger 93
05-13-10, 01:36 PM
Fender heat extractors. . . . I think that is it.

fast impala
05-13-10, 02:07 PM
I think the 08 and 09 also have HUDs, which I guess might be a visual difference?;)

Roll on Mr. Spaceman
05-13-10, 02:45 PM
just read the steering wheel is different and the vents on the side. Are they functional?

I am trying to decide if it is worth it to wait for an 08 for the right price or go with an 07 as it's less expensive and easier to find (relatively that is)!

Florian
05-13-10, 03:13 PM
08s have the hideous side fender vents....yuk.

F

ozmt
05-13-10, 03:34 PM
I guess the vents are only "hideous" if you don't or can't own a 08 or 09. There are quite a few other changes as well. The steering wheel is one and the fact that the traction control WILL turn all of the way off. On the MK I's, it would not turn off. But as someone else put it, why would you want to turn it off? Burnouts perhaps? I don't know. Since I'm an 08 owner, i prefer the updates and exclusivity of the year, only 459 made.
But were all of the same brotherhood, brotherhood of luxury and speed, aren't we?

fast impala
05-13-10, 04:59 PM
Please educate me on how to turn the traction control all the way off, because on mine, it will not. To dyno the car, I had to unplug a rear wheel sensor. And, some of us, occasionally take them to the track.

I have a custom made set of wheels, with DR's mounted on them, and if I want to heat them up, at the track, I have to unplug a sensor.

So, if it can be turned off, all the way, I'd sure like to know how!:confused:

csf
05-13-10, 06:36 PM
1) Personally didn't like those non functional vents at first, but now notice they are showing up on many foreign and domestic new cars and even SUV's, and I like them better now.

2) I thought the traction control was easily turned off with the button in the console, but the stability control cannot be turned off all the way. However, in some GM's holding the T/C button down for 10 seconds in a row turns off everything - not sure about the STS-V. Can never cancel the limited slip diff.

3) I read somewhere here they made under 500 07's as well as 08"s - they made the most 06's and the least 09's.

4) My dealer told me the different steering wheel has extra buttons to control the laser guided cruise control, which goes along with the HUD, and is not availalble on the 06 or 07. Is that incorrect?

Roll on Mr. Spaceman
05-13-10, 07:32 PM
So I'm not really hearing much difference between the 06, 07 group and 08, 09 group. The vents on the side make it appear "up to date" the HUD is cool as well as lane departure warning but I'm not sure it is worth the difference in price.
Is the "performance parts" the same through the 2 groups? (Turning the traction control off was new to me).

Thanks

Redsuade09
05-13-10, 08:41 PM
Unlike previous years, the 09's do not have the Supercharger emblems on the doors.

ozmt
05-13-10, 09:27 PM
on my cts-v mkI, the traction control would not turn all the off. However, on my 2008 sts-v, if i go from tc on, to tc competion mode, to tc off, it will burn the tires right off of it. The reason i know is i did it in the tire store parking lot prior to putting new tires on it 2 weeks ago. I don't know if mine is an aberration or if it is normal, all i'm saying is mine turns all the way off.

fast_lane10
05-13-10, 10:47 PM
I think there's a minor difference in gauge cluster , 08's look better than my 07

fast_lane10
05-13-10, 10:48 PM
and key fobs on 08s are different too

Big_Caddy
05-14-10, 12:39 AM
My 07 smells like dope.

fast impala
05-14-10, 11:09 AM
on my cts-v mkI, the traction control would not turn all the off. However, on my 2008 sts-v, if i go from tc on, to tc competion mode, to tc off, it will burn the tires right off of it. The reason i know is i did it in the tire store parking lot prior to putting new tires on it 2 weeks ago. I don't know if mine is an aberration or if it is normal, all i'm saying is mine turns all the way off.

Try power braking, and see if it will still spin the tires.

cadillac94pimpin
05-14-10, 04:39 PM
I am seriously going to wire a switch for the wheel sendors. Does anybody know where exactly they are located. I know on my fleetwood I disabled the TC for good by unplugging one wire under the hood. If you get the traction control to kick on like 3 or 5 tmes in a row its totally disabled as someone said that.

Roll on Mr. Spaceman
05-15-10, 03:13 AM
Check this out:

"I have also been able to establish that the best models out there are 08 and up. Those years have the cast iron rear ends instead of the aluminum rears (likely gears only)."

I found it posted in another caddy site. Can someone tell me how important this is and what it means?

Thanks.

Florian
05-15-10, 03:35 AM
all STSv's have the same rear....the aluminum Getrag. I bet they were talking about the CTSv

F

ozmt
05-15-10, 02:26 PM
I power braked my 08 in the tire store parking lot prior to getting my new tires last month. Unless there is a problem with my tc, when i selected tc off, the tires just spin and spin and spin and ..........