: Quick Tire Question

ahahnu
05-12-10, 12:28 PM
I was about to buy tires when a question arose. I'm getting the Falken 615s. The usual numbers apply 255/45/18 then it would say 91W or 99W. There were a whole bunch of different styles xxW.

What does that stand for and why are they different prices?

Thanks.

PISNUOFF
05-12-10, 12:31 PM
The 91 or 99 number is a weight rating. The W is a speed rating. You can go to tirerack.com and get a better description.

ahahnu
05-12-10, 01:52 PM
Thanks. Nice Avatar.

PISNUOFF
05-12-10, 02:52 PM
Thanks. Must be a blown head gasket. LOL.

c4ss
05-12-10, 03:22 PM
Very nice avatar. For a split second I didn't realize it was you. You just get used to peoples avatars around here.

ahahnu
05-12-10, 04:31 PM
Must be a blown head gasket With all the smoke I'd think you're trying to blow up something else.

Very nice avatar. For a split second I didn't realize it was you. You just get used to peoples avatars around here.
And then you meet them, and you're like "You don't look like Ron Burgandy." :cool2:

PISNUOFF
05-12-10, 09:47 PM
I did have two 1" diameter chunks down to the cords on my passenger rear tire after that one. You can see it on YouTube, search for hotrodctsv and it should be in with some of my other vids. I have another set of 'defective' tires on there now that are about to meet a very similar fate within the next two days. Lol. The rears are only lasting me about 6 weeks anymore. Man, I gotta stop (yeah, right!).

ahahnu
05-12-10, 10:28 PM
[QUOTE]The rears are only lasting me about 6 weeks anymore.[QUOTE] Holy Shizkoff!! I remember burning through three sets of F1s before smarting up and geting a spare with Falkens. 6 weeks is like butter.

c4ss
05-13-10, 12:41 AM
And then you meet them, and you're like "You don't look like Ron Burgandy." :cool2:

Exactly. "I'm Ron Burgandy?"

PISNUOFF
05-13-10, 06:16 AM
Holy Shizkoff!! I remember burning through three sets of F1s before smarting up and geting a spare with Falkens. 6 weeks is like butter.

Lol. It's not my DD either. I've completely boiled off my last 3 sets of rears while a single set of fronts still has about 1/2 of it's life left. So much for a treadware rating of 280. Ha! You'd never believe I've had my car for 2.5 years.

ahahnu
05-13-10, 01:53 PM
I'm still wowed by the machine of a jackman you brought to Vday last year.

PISNUOFF
05-13-10, 02:46 PM
He is good. He's done most of the work on 'his' 280Z that's in the garage. I bent the custom fuel lines, but he did most of the other work. It's still 2-1/2 years until he can legally drive with a learner's permit, I have to take him to a field and let him romp on it for a bit.

ahahnu
05-13-10, 04:32 PM
I know they're a little more liberal with things out yonder, but I thought he was pretty young. Or I'm just getting old.

You're going to Vday again right? Can't believe you'd not go.

PISNUOFF
05-14-10, 06:33 AM
He turned 12 in December. I'm still debating V-Day. I won't have my V and I'm kinda leary about taking my brother's 650+ rwHp C5 on the track without him at least being there. Not sure how much I'd like making that call....Ummm bro, I wrecked the vette. Hope you enjoy your new V.