: how not to be screwed here ... ?

paidge7
05-11-10, 10:41 PM
hi, my question is ;

if i am interested to buy from somebody in the classified section how i will be sure i will not be screwed and stole ?

i mean if the item is shipped to me whats the security i got that it will be or that everything will run fine ? Only because i need to trust but these days who you can trust ?

Rolex
05-11-10, 11:34 PM
You can't be certain of anything you're buying sight unseen over the internet, and we can't offer you any kind of protection. If you get blatantly ripped off by a member here their stay here will be short. We don't like scammers around these forums. People buy lots of things online nowdays, and we do so without any guarantee.

Caveat emptor

North49
05-12-10, 01:56 AM
hi, my question is ;

if i am interested to buy from somebody in the classified section how i will be sure i will not be screwed and stole ?

i mean if the item is shipped to me whats the security i got that it will be or that everything will run fine ? Only because i need to trust but these days who you can trust ?

Look at the person's history on the site. See if he has sold stuff before. How long has he been around? Sometimes a google search will answer a lot of questions about a person.

hcvone
05-12-10, 07:14 AM
Look at the person's history on the site. See if he has sold stuff before. How long has he been around? Sometimes a google search will answer a lot of questions about a person.

As said if someone has been on the site for years, they are probably not going to screw you. :)

PreachRR
05-12-10, 08:28 AM
see if they can provide any feedback references.. I have two my ebay feedback and something called heatware for my computer stuff.. the identify all my internet dealings!!

Alien
05-12-10, 09:35 AM
Might help to say what you want to buy... maybe someone bought one and can give some feedback to you...or show you a safe place to buy the same thing.

arierra
05-12-10, 11:41 PM
Pay using Paypal. Have the funding for Paypal hooked up your credit card. If the items don't show up, have your CC reverse the charges. It is a guarantee most cards have ie: Visa. NEVER have Paypal funded by cash ie; bank acct. Works lika a charm.

paidge7
05-17-10, 11:17 PM
ok thanks i will do my homework and if i need your help guys to have reference on the member ill post the profile :)

thanks a lot