: Sad Night... It was slipperyyyy

CTSVrolledOUT
05-11-10, 03:06 PM
V slid off in the ditch last night.. Got her pretty good.. Ruined all 4 CCW wheels, broke axles, bent control arms, needs new qtr panel, new rear bumper, and new front bumper...

I am going to be getting a parts list together and try to make her new and IMPROVED!!! (better axles, maybe some sick bumpers, and maybe more..) just thought Id share my loss...:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::cr ying:

Heres how she looked...

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/BLBarnes/CTS-V/Cadi1.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/BLBarnes/CTS-V/l_d8deb859cf9b484aa11506b250d1f6-1.jpg

It puts down about 430 rwhp, what kind of axles should I go with?? Help me out with a parts list!!

Thanks!

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

c4ss
05-11-10, 03:11 PM
Sorry to hear this. Any wreck pics? Did you roll it? I'm assuming you did if you ruined all 4 CCW's.

Oh well, build it better.

deedubb
05-11-10, 04:06 PM
What do you mean by sick bumpers? I only know of 1 viable option for V bumpers (D3).

ctsv154
05-11-10, 04:40 PM
I like the D3 kit. I'd really like to see it in person before spending the money on my own ride but from the pics, I think it looks great. Not over the top but you can tell something is different.

CTSVrolledOUT
05-11-10, 04:45 PM
D3 is what I was referring too.. and Yea like you said, Id like to see the kit in person before i spent the money on it. No the car wasn't rolled,it just bent the rear control arm into the wheel and the other wheels were torn up due to pavement.. Makes me sick to my stomach... we will see how it goes and ill have pictures of the rebuild...

CTSVrolledOUT
05-11-10, 04:46 PM
What is the website with the GM complete parts list and pricing??

Thanks

rjoffe
05-11-10, 05:15 PM
Call Luke for parts !

thebigjimsho
05-11-10, 07:41 PM
Call Luke for parts !
Yes!

And don't rice it out...

JimmyH
05-11-10, 08:14 PM
wow, sorry to hear.

alot of wrecked V threads lately. You guys have to take it easy. Did you not believe the magazine reviews that claimed if you don't respect her, she will bite you?

dowlatij
05-11-10, 08:18 PM
I feel your loss just had mine in an accident too and shes slowly coming back together, what kind of ccws did you have?

branland
05-11-10, 08:27 PM
I had to replace the front fascia last year after running over bumper on the road. Luke has good prices on body parts as long as you donít have to ship them too far. It was cheaper for me to get them from GM direct because of the shipping costs to California.

Check you local body shops and see if they can get the part and paint it for you. Their big markup comes from the installation. (at least it does here in CA) If you can install the parts yourself that might be the most cost effective way.

CTSVrolledOUT
05-11-10, 09:33 PM
No worries, not gonna rice it out.... I am going to have to buy some rear suspension parts so I'm gonna try and go with some after market stuff to keep it from wheel hoping.. maybe some heavy duty axles, etc...

Zo6PwRd
05-12-10, 12:13 AM
Id just do the budget axles if you dont wanna drop 1800 bucks. If you plan on luanching the hell out of it then go with pro axles but i only have the hendrix econo axle and i put down 496/509 they spin smooth as butter, its like you cant even tell they are spinning until the rear end starts to kick out.

CTSVrolledOUT
05-13-10, 03:52 PM
Yes i know there is a search feature.. but can someone help with some links to get parts?? Maybe some GM factory parts sites, along with some after market sites....

Havent got the car apart yet, but for now.. I know I will be needing new CCW's:crying: , new rear bumper, along with suspension parts... I will kno more as soon as I get the car tore down!

Thanks

rjoffe
05-13-10, 04:18 PM
Keep Luke on your speed dial, he will have everything under his finger, and probably at the best prices you can find for OEM replacement parts.

I have some things on ctsvparts.com. If you find other stuff you want me to add, just let me know

branland
05-13-10, 07:55 PM
http://www.ctsvparts.com/