: Older Guy STS-V & Young1 in GT Stang

Bigdawg58
05-10-10, 10:43 PM
Well I stopped behind a GT Mustang at a traffic light. As I stopped I noticed a young one in the GT Mustang ahead of me. He then began eyeballing my STS-V via rear & sideview mirrors. Next thing he rolls his dark colored chrome rim shades down and began making his GT rock via his throtle like he had ants in his pants. Well I said what the heck is he wanting the old man in the Cadi STS-V to run? I guess so as he speed off from the light. I got right in his rear and kept pushing him down the road and I could see exhaust smoke as he shifted his car and I had to slow down to keep from pushing his GT down the road. He pulled off and I noticed he had removed his dark shades to do a double take at my STS-V as I rolled on by with a BIG SMILE on my FACE,,,gggeeezzz my ears were wet from this smile. Nothing like making the young ones know this aint the Grandaddy's Cadi of later days. Love my V!!!!;)

csf
05-10-10, 10:51 PM
Well I stopped behind a GT Mustang at a traffic light. As I stopped I noticed a young one in the GT Mustang ahead of me. He then began eyeballing my STS-V via rear & sideview mirrors. Next thing he rolls his dark colored chrome rim shades down and began making his GT rock via his throtle like he had ants in his pants. Well I said what the heck is he wanting the old man in the Cadi STS-V to run? I guess so as he speed off from the light. I got right in his rear and kept pushing him down the road and I could see exhaust smoke as he shifted his car and I had to slow down to keep from pushing his GT down the road. He pulled off and I noticed he had removed his dark shades to do a double take at my STS-V as I rolled on by with a BIG SMILE on my FACE,,,gggeeezzz my ears were wet from this smile. Nothing like making the young ones know this aint the Grandaddy's Cadi of later days. Love my V!!!!;)

That what we call a "SEG" - - a Sh-- Eating Grin. 469 hp will do that.

CIWS
05-11-10, 07:22 AM
Kinda sounds similar to an STS-V vs M45 video I saw on Youtube :p

Bigdawg58
05-11-10, 08:44 AM
LOL......STS-V + SEG= J O Y!!!!!:lildevil:

VineTime
05-11-10, 12:13 PM
This is true until the 2011 Mustang GTs come out which are said to do 0-60 in 4.3 I believe.

CIWS
05-11-10, 02:57 PM
Oh yeah the 2011 GT will walk away from us (at a fast pace).

YouTube- 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 vs. Camaro SS Drag Race - Bonus VIdeo

Bigdawg58
05-11-10, 02:59 PM
This is true until the 2011 Mustang GTs come out which are said to do 0-60 in 4.3 I believe.

Until that time I will try and behave but I'm thinking a Tune and a few other lil goodies to at least make it a "Respect Thing" with the young un's here and there.

Bob Glenn
05-11-10, 09:51 PM
Bigdawg58, great Story. What part of Tampa do you live in? I live in the Lutz/Land o Lakes area and have seen three STS Vs (two Black and one red) also a few CTS V.

Regards,

Bob

nlharter
05-11-10, 11:38 PM
It is definately a sleeper car. My first victim was a Dodge Ram pickup. Not much to brag about, but he looked so tiny in my rear view mirror. I laughed at him when he revved it at the light, but he wanted some. Being a diehard GM man, I also have to put any Mustang to shame I can. I think it will hold it's own to a new mustang. Only time will tell.

Bigdawg58
05-12-10, 07:19 AM
Bigdawg58, great Story. What part of Tampa do you live in? I live in the Lutz/Land o Lakes area and have seen three STS Vs (two Black and one red) also a few CTS V.

Regards,

Bob

Hey Bob I'm in the Tarpon Springs local. Have you done any mods to your V? I saw a black V for sale in Auto Trader looks like a Tampa listing. I have yet to see another V in my area since I now know what to look for being a new owner of one.

CIWS
05-12-10, 07:22 AM
I think it will hold it's own to a new mustang. Only time will tell.

That Camaro SS is roughly on par with our car as far as 1/4 mile times, stock for stock. So what you see in the above video is what a new stock GT will do when running us, and that video is only an 1/8 mile run.

Folks our cars are not slow by any stretch, but other car makers are stepping up to the plate and making some nice performing vehicles now and a lot of them won't suffer from heat soaked superchargers as they're N/A. For me down here that's going to matter as my temps will soon be back in the high 90s and 100s. Certainly a Mustang isn't going to be near the luxury vehicle the STS-V is, but then again the new Infiniti M56 is coming to town with a 420HP N/A engine and 7 speed xmission at 4000lbs. Certainly not the same car as the M45 has been. 2011 is bringing some other contenders to the market. :)

Bigdawg58
05-12-10, 07:22 AM
It is definately a sleeper car. My first victim was a Dodge Ram pickup. Not much to brag about, but he looked so tiny in my rear view mirror. I laughed at him when he revved it at the light, but he wanted some. Being a diehard GM man, I also have to put any Mustang to shame I can. I think it will hold it's own to a new mustang. Only time will tell.

Yes you got that right about it being a sleeper car,,,,,but it wakes the fellow up when he see's the V in action. Have you done any mods to your V?

Bigdawg58
05-12-10, 07:29 AM
That Camaro SS is roughly on par with our car as far as 1/4 mile times, stock for stock. So what you see in the above video is what a new stock GT will do when running us, and that video is only an 1/8 mile run.

Folks our cars are not slow by any stretch, but other car makers are stepping up to the plate and making some nice performing vehicles now and a lot of them won't suffer from heat soaked superchargers as they're N/A. For me down here that's going to matter as my temps will soon be back in the high 90s and 100s. Certainly a Mustang isn't going to be near the luxury vehicle the STS-V is, but then again the new Infiniti M56 is coming to town with a 420HP N/A engine and 7 speed xmission at 4000lbs. Certainly not the same car as the M45 has been. 2011 is bringing some other contenders to the market. :)

Looks like there is a market for the high performance vehicles despite gas prices, to be honest I never figured I'd get into the segment but it is kinda addictive once you get your foot into it (grin). It is like night and day driving my wifes STS and my STS-V. At least we can hold our own and at the very least keep it some what competative all things considered aye.:rant2:

nlharter
05-12-10, 09:36 AM
BigDawg, I have not done any mods to my car yet. The easiest mod is to wait for cold weather. LOL. I hate these 80 degree days after all the 30-40 degree days we had. I have never had a car that temperature made such a big difference.
As far as the Mustang goes, it is quite a car, as is the Camaro. I almost bought a SS, but decided I needed more room. From what I have seen at a Camaro forum, the Camaro seems to catch up with the Stang in the quarter. The other thing is that most GT drivers that want to go will have a standard tranny. It becomes a drivers race then. I am going to drive one when I get a chance.
I have been a truck man my whole life. I am waiting for Caddy to make an EXT-V. That way I could sell my STS-V and my Avalanche. I know, I am dreaming.......

csf
05-12-10, 09:52 AM
After owning MANY fast cars over the last 30 years I've decided I really don't care anymore if another car is .25 seconds faster to 60 or in the quarter mile. I do like the power of a V8 and won't drive much else at this point, but being faster than 90% of the other cars on the road is good enough for me. What I really enjoy now is the rarity of a car like the STS-V. Whats the point of being in a faster Mustang when there will be one on every corner, and every used car lot will be full of them in a year. I"ll take the STS-V over most BMWs, Mercedes, Lexuses, Infinitis or Jaguars just because it is so rare - and I believe the quality and reliability is close enough to those cars. The low prices these STS-V's are selling for used is a little crazy. That said, I do like convertibles and would be happy to pick up a used Mustang convertible with a V8 and a manual transmission - there's a nice summer toy.

VineTime
05-12-10, 11:03 AM
I have yet to beat beat in the STS-V and I have had the car for over two years now. The fact it's a sleeper makes everything better.

And Bob Glenn, I'm in the Tampa area as well. St. Pete to be exact, but I'm up that way a lot with my black V so you might have seen me around.

CIWS
05-12-10, 01:34 PM
That said, I do like convertibles and would be happy to pick up a used Mustang convertible with a V8 and a manual transmission - there's a nice summer toy.

Toys are nice :D

Cataract
05-12-10, 01:43 PM
then again the new Infiniti M56 is coming to town with a 420HP N/A engine and 7 speed xmission at 4000lbs. Certainly not the same car as the M45 has been. 2011 is bringing some other contenders to the market. :)

The new 550i is going to be huge too.. over 400hp v8TT, tons of potential playing with the boost. And its not even their highest end mid-size!

Bigdawg58
05-12-10, 03:00 PM
BigDawg, I have not done any mods to my car yet. The easiest mod is to wait for cold weather. LOL. I hate these 80 degree days after all the 30-40 degree days we had. I have never had a car that temperature made such a big difference.
As far as the Mustang goes, it is quite a car, as is the Camaro. I almost bought a SS, but decided I needed more room. From what I have seen at a Camaro forum, the Camaro seems to catch up with the Stang in the quarter. The other thing is that most GT drivers that want to go will have a standard tranny. It becomes a drivers race then. I am going to drive one when I get a chance.
I have been a truck man my whole life. I am waiting for Caddy to make an EXT-V. That way I could sell my STS-V and my Avalanche. I know, I am dreaming.......

Nice thing about dreaming is it don't cost a cent:thumbsup: Yes the Florida heat is back for the duration but low humidity lately yippy!

Bigdawg58
05-12-10, 03:09 PM
After owning MANY fast cars over the last 30 years I've decided I really don't care anymore if another car is .25 seconds faster to 60 or in the quarter mile. I do like the power of a V8 and won't drive much else at this point, but being faster than 90% of the other cars on the road is good enough for me. What I really enjoy now is the rarity of a car like the STS-V. Whats the point of being in a faster Mustang when there will be one on every corner, and every used car lot will be full of them in a year. I"ll take the STS-V over most BMWs, Mercedes, Lexuses, Infinitis or Jaguars just because it is so rare - and I believe the quality and reliability is close enough to those cars. The low prices these STS-V's are selling for used is a little crazy. That said, I do like convertibles and would be happy to pick up a used Mustang convertible with a V8 and a manual transmission - there's a nice summer toy.

Yea good point CSF! As long as I can hold my own i'm just as satisfied knowing my V was not a push over as a stock vehicle. And if the car I'm running up against is mod-out no shame on my part as we are not on equall terms in the game. Yes the prices are crazy but I'm glad I got a great deal on mine and most of all I'm very happy with my V. Just ordered my personal tag and the V8 Oil Cap logo, next new floor mats custom, seat cover for when I may lil sweaty. Looking at what's going to come out on the Blower for the V car's in the forum might mod with one depending on the results forth coming.:bonkers:

CIWS
05-12-10, 03:11 PM
The new 550i is going to be huge too.. over 400hp v8TT, tons of potential playing with the boost. And its not even their highest end mid-size!

Yes very true. I've already driven M56 and I'm waiting to try the new 550i to compare. :)

Cataract
05-12-10, 03:28 PM
Rumored to be able to get over 600hp outa it, once it comes out! I cant imagine what the F10 M5 is going to be like modded..

Red Snake
05-13-10, 10:47 AM
haha, you showed great restraint by not taking him on. I haven't been challenged in the STSV but its my DD so I think I'd probably ignore them. I'll save my play time for when I'm out in my "other" Supercharged car.
:thumbsup:

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/Viper_0052.JPG

Bigdawg58
05-13-10, 11:42 AM
Redsnake LOL know I see the correlation to your screen name....sweet ride there know whar's pic of the STS-V?:thumbsup:

Red Snake
05-13-10, 11:48 AM
Redsnake LOL know I see the correlation to your screen name....sweet ride there know whar's pic of the STS-V?:thumbsup:

Here's one, lol. :lildevil:

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/Viper_0101.JPG

j/k, Here's one of the STS V. :D

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/0411.JPG

csf
05-13-10, 05:43 PM
REALLY nice combination of American power - great choices. Of course, I do see the required white Lexus SUV in the background . . . . .

silverws6ta
05-13-10, 06:14 PM
REALLY nice combination of American power - great choices. Of course, I do see the required white Lexus SUV in the background . . . . .

It's OK -- you notice its not close to any other vehicles -- being a Toyota product and all; I would be nervous pointing it toward a home, or other cars ;):p

Looks like a good candidate for SRX replacement! :D Not a Mopar man whatsoever but that Viper is a sharp car -- if only the pricing of used ZR1's would come down -- I would love to consolidate a couple of mine and adding a new fleet member.

Red Snake
05-13-10, 11:05 PM
It's OK -- you notice its not close to any other vehicles -- being a Toyota product and all; I would be nervous pointing it toward a home, or other cars ;):p

Looks like a good candidate for SRX replacement! :D Not a Mopar man whatsoever but that Viper is a sharp car -- if only the pricing of used ZR1's would come down -- I would love to consolidate a couple of mine and adding a new fleet member.

A ZR1 would be awesome. I'd even be happy with a C4 version. :highfive:

The wife has a 2000 Coupe (Red, of course) as her weekend toy. :thumbsup:

To the OP, apologies for the thread hi-jack.:canttalk:

jedhead
05-14-10, 02:01 AM
I get people getting a little frisky with me, then they see the "SUPERCHARGED" on the doors and they back off. At car meeting a rare person notices that my STS-V is not the CTS-V and has the LC3 instead of the LSA. CTS-V are far more common in the area and I think they must have cowered the competition. The only car I played tag with was a E55 AMG that slowly pulled away from me above 115 and was about 2 car lengths ahead of me at about 145 when the car shifted into 4th at redline. A LS6 CTS was about 3 car lengths behind me.

Bob

CIWS
05-14-10, 07:32 AM
I definitely get many different folks who want to dance and can only seem to pull off a waltz ;) Obviously the vast majority have no clue what an STS-V is. I've even had a guy argue with me at a light that I was driving a CTS-V :rolleyes:
I've been beat by any 55 or greater level AMG I've run. Some barely pulling others that have just walked away. Many 350zs wanting to run, all beaten. Haven't had a run in with a 370z or G37 yet. Those will be more interesting. All Mustang GTs to this point have been no contest (not like they should be) and there was that M45 that thought he was fast . . . Of course I've been soundly beaten by a Volvo, but then he was slightly modified. :D

Red Snake
05-14-10, 10:49 AM
The new Mustangs are going to be a different story. They are breaking into the 11s already with just bolt ons. :eek:

YouTube- Evolution Performance - First 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V To Run 11's!

kbf250
05-15-10, 01:18 PM
I lined up three across, me in the middle, a Charger to the left and a new Mustang on the right. The rest is history, both never had a chance. I have held my own with an M5. Had a Z4 challenge me one day and took him down. I also got spanked one morning, I knew I would but I had to try anyway. The car was
a new Carrera twin turbo, all I saw was taillights in the distance!

Kirk

Bigdawg58
05-15-10, 02:16 PM
I get people getting a little frisky with me, then they see the "SUPERCHARGED" on the doors and they back off. At car meeting a rare person notices that my STS-V is not the CTS-V and has the LC3 instead of the LSA. CTS-V are far more common in the area and I think they must have cowered the competition. The only car I played tag with was a E55 AMG that slowly pulled away from me above 115 and was about 2 car lengths ahead of me at about 145 when the car shifted into 4th at redline. A LS6 CTS was about 3 car lengths behind me.

Bob

HHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAA great running V you have there & good to hear you at least did not see the AMG tail lights fading into the distance,,,,and the run in with the CTS wow! These V's are really sweet for stock performance!:yup:

Bigdawg58
05-15-10, 02:19 PM
I lined up three across, me in the middle, a Charger to the left and a new Mustang on the right. The rest is history, both never had a chance. I have held my own with an M5. Had a Z4 challenge me one day and took him down. I also got spanked one morning, I knew I would but I had to try anyway. The car was
a new Carrera twin turbo, all I saw was taillights in the distance!

Kirk

Hats off to you for kill on the Charger & Stang,,,,,and yes I agree you were feeling frisky going up against the Porsche Carrera,,,,but what the Hell as long as you are having fun Y not!:lildevil:

Bigdawg58
05-15-10, 02:21 PM
The new Mustangs are going to be a different story. They are breaking into the 11s already with just bolt ons. :eek:

YouTube- Evolution Performance - First 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V To Run 11's! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qc4Xb7G1ck&feature=player_embedded)

WOW need I say more?:suspect:

Big_Caddy
05-15-10, 03:05 PM
http://www.streetfire.net/video/corvette-zr1-cadillac-stsv-challenger-test_201282.htm

torched10
05-15-10, 06:03 PM
ive got a Shelby--which is alittle over the top.But the new Stang V6 has 305 hp and gets 31mpg--try it out in a vert--and i find the fit/finish is outstanding--and youll love the new sync system

Red Snake
05-15-10, 09:15 PM
http://www.streetfire.net/video/corvette-zr1-cadillac-stsv-challenger-test_201282.htm

Nice vid. First time I have seen any media on the STS-V. :thumbsup:

jedhead
05-16-10, 02:13 AM
Motorweek on the STS-V

YouTube- Motorweek Video of the 2006 Cadillac STS-V

Bob

torched10
05-16-10, 05:37 PM
good video--on the 13.5 1/4, i saw a 2008 runa 13.1 at Commerce last year---dont know if it was stock,but having other fast cars, the V feels like a low 13 sec car to me--bob

CIWS
05-17-10, 08:00 AM
good video--on the 13.5 1/4, i saw a 2008 runa 13.1 at Commerce last year---dont know if it was stock,but having other fast cars, the V feels like a low 13 sec car to me--bob

A stock car car run 13-13.5, with 13.2 being fairly easy to reach. 13.0 stock takes good conditions at the track and a worthy launch, all things in sync. :)

whisler151
05-20-10, 06:55 AM

Nice vid. First time I have seen any media on the STS-V. :thumbsup:

Ummm...that is a 2009 CTS-V, not a STS-V.

Red Snake
05-20-10, 08:14 AM
Ummm...that is a 2009 CTS-V, not a STS-V.

Haha, just watched it again and you are correct. :banghead:

CIWS
05-21-10, 08:58 AM

Already breaking into the 10s :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwU1q4pkoo

Bigdawg58
05-21-10, 09:05 AM
Most Impressive I've seen yet! That is a monster but the driver has to get some credit too.

Red Snake
05-21-10, 10:48 AM
Already breaking into the 10s :D

I think thats with a 100 shot and some better gears. Still pretty impressive. :thumbsup:

Cataract
05-21-10, 11:13 AM
Most Impressive I've seen yet! That is a monster but the driver has to get some credit too.

Agreed!

CIWS
05-21-10, 01:13 PM
I think thats with a 100 shot and some better gears. Still pretty impressive. :thumbsup:

It is, but they only had the car for 24 hours from dealership to track. They mentioned they'll build an all motor that will do it next.

I just went by the Ford dealership to look at a truck and they had one 5.0 there now. Sticker was 36,400 too bad it was black ;)

cadillac94pimpin
05-24-10, 04:21 PM
Anyone know how the raptor has been doing. I have only seen 2 on the road so far.

Bigdawg58
05-24-10, 08:06 PM
Anyone know how the raptor has been doing. I have only seen 2 on the road so far.

Raptor? Educate me please on what you are talking about...I take it it's some new sports car?:eek:

CIWS
05-24-10, 10:08 PM

If you're talking the Ford SVT, I just so happen to be trying to investigate that here locally. Unfortunately out of the 5 dealers I've contacted none have the 6.2 in stock and that's what I'm interested in. But all have promised me "within two weeks we'll have one" We'll see. My concern now is if it will fit in my one car garage.

Raptor? Educate me please on what you are talking about...I take it it's some new sports car?

If it is the same, it's a truck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO8Qx1WKyB0

cadillac94pimpin
05-25-10, 01:56 PM
Yeah the Ford SVT Raptor truck exactly. I have seen 2 on the road so far. There stock lift makes it look huge. I really like the color.

The Orange and black that is.

CIWS
05-25-10, 04:28 PM
Just went and looked at one this afternoon to take some measurements for the garage (very close), but it was a 5.4 ltr.

nlharter
05-26-10, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the Raptor. Reading around some other forums, there might be bigger numbers coming from the 6.2 L in a year or so. The 5.0 in the Mustang is at 415ish on HP, the 6.2 is only around 400. The rumor is trying to get over 500 HP out of the 6.2. If this happens, I might have to trade my big ol Avalanche and the V in on one. I am a GM guy, but the Raptor is right up my alley. HHHMMMMMM? Super Charged 6.2L?

CIWS
05-26-10, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the heads up on the Raptor. Reading around some other forums, there might be bigger numbers coming from the 6.2 L in a year or so. The 5.0 in the Mustang is at 415ish on HP, the 6.2 is only around 400. The rumor is trying to get over 500 HP out of the 6.2. If this happens, I might have to trade my big ol Avalanche and the V in on one. I am a GM guy, but the Raptor is right up my alley. HHHMMMMMM? Super Charged 6.2L?

The Raptor R (baja race ver) is already running in the 500HP range. According to them it is an easy 500HP capable engine with headers, cam/profile, and tuning. Similar to an LS3.

whisler151
05-26-10, 10:36 AM

Hennessy already has their hands on a 6.2 Raptor. 600hp will be sweet!

Bc0wLNN1hG0