: "Stability System Engaged" repeatedly????

Autom8r
05-10-10, 07:44 PM
When on a trip my nav display repeatedly displays "Staility System Engaged". About half the time it knocks out the cruise control. It's not a huge problem, but a pain in the butt annoyance. It recently started doing it at a little over 50,000 miles and it seems the farther I drive the more frequent the annoyance.

Anyone have any ideas on this??????????

Thanks,

Dave

CadzillaTN
05-10-10, 07:53 PM
bad wheel speed sensor(s)
bad steering wheel position sensor
bad yaw sensor
bad transmission speed sensor

im one notch from the bottom on the advice tree but its better than saying "search"...

ps- go do a search

CancerJCC
05-10-10, 09:03 PM
SWPS. Search and you will prosper.

3Fletch
05-10-10, 10:49 PM
I had a similar problem with mine it turned out to be one of the connections for the wheel sensor, it just needed cleaning and reconnected. I definitely recommend checking the connectors prior to spending any money on new parts... It only will take a few minutes and you may get lucky!

CancerJCC
05-10-10, 10:53 PM
I had a similar problem with mine it turned out to be one of the connections for the wheel sensor, it just needed cleaning and reconnected. I definitely recommend checking the connectors prior to spending any money on new parts... It only will take a few minutes and you may get lucky!

Good advice, always start with the cheapest/easiest first! :)

FIVEOH!!!
05-10-10, 11:27 PM
Mine just went into Lindsay for that same reason.

Autom8r
05-11-10, 10:06 AM
What and where is the wheel sensor??? I can't even find the alternator or carburetor!!

Dave

3Fletch
05-11-10, 10:44 AM
Each wheel hub has two wires with a connector coming out of them, where they connect to the wiring harness with the other connector is usually where the problem is. Look under your car behind the wheel and brake caliper you will see these wires coming out, follow them to the connectors. I was told this by a tech that worked for Cadillac and sure enough that is what was wrong with mine.

Do a search on Ebay for "CTS-V Wheel Hub" you will find some hubs showing the wire connector... Good luck!

CancerJCC
05-11-10, 11:58 PM
What and where is the wheel sensor??? I can't even find the alternator or carburetor!!

Dave

You might be looking for a while! :eek: