: Custom FE specs?

fast impala
05-10-10, 12:47 PM
I purchased my V new in May of 08. The front tires are shot, with only 9700 miles. These are easy miles, mostly in town. Car is my DD. Both tires have metal cord showing on the inside.

I have no option but to run run flats. I'm going to try a Goodyear Excellence run flat, all the way around. It can't be any worst than the Pirelli crap!:annoyed:

I have a top notch FE guy. Is there a custom setup that will work better than factory specs? TIA

Redxped1
05-10-10, 02:42 PM
pm silverws6ta i have my car set to the specs he has posted and im not chewing up tires

CIWS
05-10-10, 03:48 PM
Part of what sucks is there is no V specific alignment to our cars (STS-V vs STS). Plus I've seen two different dealership's alignment machine each have different specs for the vehicle (STS RWD). I should have my last alignment sheet somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

fast impala
05-10-10, 04:09 PM
I've got the factory specs, according to my service manuals. Of course, it doesn't specify V or non-V.

I hate this crap. Cadillac didn't do V owners right on this. I've never been comfortably with run flats or space savers, that I had on previous Vettes, I've owned.

I wish this car had a slightly bigger truck, and a real spare, that works on all four tires.

Of course I knew this when I bought the car, but I bought it anyway.:cloud9:

Should've bought an S63, but I just can't bring myself to buy a Jap or German car.:p

cad08stsv
05-10-10, 05:52 PM
Ah another Impala owner, That makes three of us both myself and PJ96ss are fans and PJ is formor owner.
NOw on to your question. I am posting a thread's URL, please feel free to read the entire thread and see what you think.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/193121-over-aligned.html
I hope this helps. good luck and think about the tire pressure.
Russell

csf
05-10-10, 06:59 PM
Don't know about the alignment specs - but you could have a claim against Pirelli or Cadillac unless you abused the car. I got 19,000 out of my Pirellis. Still pathetic, but 9700 miles is ridiculous for a $400 tire on a $80k car.

By the way, I did not get runflats again and could not be happier. Your car includes roadside assistance. If you get a flat call Cadillac and let them deal with it. Besides, all runflats wear, ride and handle like crap compared to similarly priced conventional tires. Many runflats that go flat can't be repaired or aren't kept in stock. The whole runflat concept is a farce, and I decided I was not going to be part of it. Good luck

fast impala
05-11-10, 09:39 AM
Trying to get Pirelli or Cadillac to honor a warranty on these tires wouldn't be worth the effort. They definitely weren't abused, I know how to do that very well with my street/race Impala. Plus, all they will do is pro-rate a new set, and I'm not putting that crap back on the car. I could take them to court, simply not worth my time.

If it were up to me, I'd ditch the runflats, but I'm caregiver to my 87 year old mother, and I simply cannot afford to have a flat tire, when she's with me in the car.

Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place, but that's life.:mad:

silverws6ta
05-11-10, 01:14 PM
Hope this helps some folks out.. I run 28lbs in the Rear and around 33-34 in the Front.

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk366/silverws6ta/Scan.jpg

cad08stsv
05-11-10, 02:25 PM
Hay Trans am,
that is why I gave him the link, as well as the comment of the Goodyear's new specs.
What do you think? Did Goodyear get new spec from lets say All-Data or someone like that?
Thank Guy
Russell

silverws6ta
05-11-10, 02:58 PM
Hay Trans am,
that is why I gave him the link, as well as the comment of the Goodyear's new specs.
What do you think? Did Goodyear get new spec from lets say All-Data or someone like that?
Thank Guy
Russell

Not sure; but the specs the tech at my dealer uses are his own trial and error specificaations -- simply because of the wear with the stock alignment specs.

fast impala
05-11-10, 03:24 PM
I already copied your specs, will take them to my FE guy, thanks!:yup: I'm sure hoping that the Goodyears will last longer, but if they don't, at least they aren't close to five hundred a pop.:bomb:

CIWS
05-11-10, 05:02 PM
Here's mine. I notice some minor differences in tolerances between mine and silverws6ta. Although the alignments themselves aren't that different. :)

http://www.ciws.net/stsv/stsvalignment060309.jpg

PGA2B
05-23-10, 03:47 PM
Hope this helps some folks out.. I run 28lbs in the Rear and around 33-34 in the Front.

Are those pressures hot or cold psi?

CIWS
05-23-10, 09:34 PM
Are those pressures hot or cold psi?

I pretty much run that, cold, although I've bumped my fronts to 35.

28 rears - 35 fronts

PGA2B
05-27-10, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=CIWS;2241000]Here's mine. I notice some minor differences in tolerances between mine and silverws6ta. Although the alignments themselves aren't that different. :)[QUOTE]
So how is your tire wear?

silverws6ta
05-27-10, 06:20 PM
Part of what sucks is there is no V specific alignment to our cars (STS-V vs STS). Plus I've seen two different dealership's alignment machine each have different specs for the vehicle (STS RWD). I should have my last alignment sheet somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Oh sidenote to this; the regular STS also suffers from the same 'inside wear' problem on the fronts; My mom's car chewed up a set on the insdie.. but it took 30k -- The alignment specs should be altered on both and tire pressures adjusted accordingly (on V)