: 05 V with security light, no gauges and nav screen wont run off

super10lbz
05-10-10, 10:34 AM
hey guys, got a hit or miss issue with my 05 V. At times i am able to make a ecm connection with scantool and others i get no communication. When i get no communication i have the security light on the dash, no sound from the radio and hit or miss on which gauges work(ie, gas, temp, tmps, etc). When i first saw the scantool didnt work with the ecm i figured just a bad ecm but now its on and off at times. Not sure if something is loose or maybe some of you guys have delt with this?

Thanks

dangrus
05-10-10, 06:50 PM
One of the wires in the OBD-II connector supplies 12v power to the scanner, this is usually connected to the same fuse as the interior lights or radio on most cars. Check your pin 16 to see if you have power. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On-board_diagnostics
Could be as simple as a loose fuse in your fuse box.

Blain England
06-02-10, 02:11 PM
Thanks! I have the same issue with my '06 CTS. The gauges will go nuts while I'm driving down the road. I'm afraid of going to the shop without a pretty good idea whats wrong, or I'll buy some expensive component i don't need. Did you resolve your issue by checking connections/ fuses? What specifically should I tell my mechanic to try?

cobra29svt
07-13-10, 07:59 PM
Bumping this up. I'm having the same issue, only I am/was getting some smoke from under the dash to go along w/ it.

cobra29svt
07-14-10, 01:27 PM
Replaced the battery & car is still acting funny. Anyone have any ideas?

mrcarranza
08-04-10, 10:30 PM
i had the same problem and i check all the fuses on the car and everything seems to be wright has anyone resolved this issue,