: Cooled seats not working.

98nosz28
05-10-10, 08:35 AM
Is there a common problem with these trucks and the cooled seats. I have an 07 escalade and the heat works but the cooled does not. You can hear the fan come on when i turn it on but they do not get cold. The heat did not work either for a while then I started looking and found some relays I think under there steering column. Played with them a little and then the heat worked. I am a few hrs away from my local dealer so I was wondering if there is anything I can find.

Thanks

buckeyefan007
05-10-10, 04:34 PM
I think the term "cooled seats" is a little misleading. Bascically there is a fan that blows air up through the seats, regular cabin air, so the cooler it is inside the cabin the cooler the seats will be. There is no small a/c unit under each front seat.

SouthernCaddy
05-10-10, 04:58 PM
I believe there is a small electric cooling unit under the seat that cools the air that is blown into the seat. The fans push it and I had the same problem and it turned out to be a bad harness plug on the cooling module. This is all located under the passenger front seat. Let us know what you find. My seats gets so cold it feels like winter in the summer!!! So yes the air is cooled.

98nosz28
05-10-10, 09:06 PM
ya it is just not a fan. Last summer it would freeze my ass. I unplugged the big grey harness to see if there was any burnt pins but it all looks good. I guess I will have to make the trip in and get the dealer to take a look at it.

humberto
05-10-10, 11:23 PM
I think the term "cooled seats" is a little misleading. Bascically there is a fan that blows air up through the seats, regular cabin air, so the cooler it is inside the cabin the cooler the seats will be. There is no small a/c unit under each front seat.

No way its just a fan blowing up your butt i guess your seats dont work properly because my seats become freezing cold.

hcvone
05-11-10, 09:40 AM
From the service manual
Seat heat/cool ventilation blowers, the ventilation blowers are self contained electronic air conditioners consisting of a blower motor with an inlet air filter, thermal electric device (TED)

surburban99
05-11-10, 09:43 PM
From the service manual
Seat heat/cool ventilation blowers, the ventilation blowers are self contained electronic air conditioners consisting of a blower motor with an inlet air filter, thermal electric device (TED)

So, the seats should become real cold??

Sometimes mine get cold, then it seems like they don't work at all?

Could I have a problem as well?

hcvone
05-12-10, 07:25 AM
So, the seats should become real cold??

Sometimes mine get cold, then it seems like they don't work at all?

Could I have a problem as well?

On a day that is real hot the seats might feel real cold, and on a day where it is not as hot they might not get as cool. I find on all of my trucks so far that when I use the cooled seats WITHOUT the AC on, they only get so cool, but with the AC on they seem to get cooler. But there are several factors as well,. i.e. if the truck has been sitting in the sun vs. the shade, that can make a difference.

98nosz28
05-12-10, 05:00 PM
i unplugged the big grey connector the other day and there was nothing wrong. but I drove the truck today and they worked. Might have been just a loose connection. And yes they got really cold. Almost feels like you pissed yourself for a minute. lol

lousy_investor
05-13-10, 12:06 AM
i unplugged the big grey connector the other day and there was nothing wrong. but I drove the truck today and they worked. Might have been just a loose connection. And yes they got really cold. Almost feels like you pissed yourself for a minute. lol

HAHA... that's EXACTLY how I described the feeling to my wife.. Like i just wet myself. :) I have not kept it on for more than a few minutes as a result. Maybe I will when the weather gets super hot and humid.

SouthernCaddy
05-13-10, 04:27 PM
Lol the "piss my self" statement decribes this very well!!!!