: Joined the Club... My New/Used 07 V

frdplay
05-09-10, 09:29 PM
Hello all! I picked up the car last weekend, did some waxing/cleaning and throwning out some pics for everyone to see.

Car just turned 6,000 miles and I'm lovin' it. As of now, my first things to get done is some tint, shifter change and direct wire for my radar detector.

I was able to average 23 MPG on way home from Wisconsin to Michigan, with stop-go in Chicago, so was pleasantly surprised there. This car is pretty impressive. thumbsup:

Quick question... anyone know if there is a way to have the doorlocks open when you pull the handle? Just a little annoying to constantly hit the unlock button when I want to get out. I was surprised the door handle doesn't unlock the door upon opening.

I look forward to learning and getting to meet a bunch of you guys through the forum! Cheers!

PS... Live in Warren, MI.

rand49er
05-09-10, 09:45 PM
:welcome:

Congrats!

You should've stopped into Baker's today with your new ride. Den_93 and I were there. We'll be gathering up at the Dream Cruise (hopefully at Woodward and Big Beaver, again) this year. Should be 10-15 of us there. Maybe we can all get together before then ... Baker's or elsewhere.

Can't help you with the locks, but a shifter is certainly a must do.

Uh ... wait a minute ... you said "6,000 miles?" Holy moly!!! Nice find! :highfive:

AG'S-V
05-09-10, 09:50 PM
Out freaking standing, it's beautiful...nice find!

Now DO NOT put on a front plate! :)

frdplay
05-09-10, 11:57 PM
Out freaking standing, it's beautiful...nice find!

Now DO NOT put on a front plate! :)

Funny, you mention that... Wisconsin has front plates! I had to drill out the rivots and remove the plate bracket.

cvettr/cts-v
05-10-10, 12:02 AM
congrats on the beautiful ride, you'll love it. I don't know for sure but I think the door unlocking and opening upon inside handle pull is not done on gm's only on the fords that I have owned. But you can program to unlock upon key removal thru the dic.

c4ss
05-10-10, 02:37 AM
Damn, 6k miles. That is a creampuff!

And my GF's Audi TT has that feature but I don't think our cars do it. The closest you will get is when you shut the car off the doors unlock.

JimmyH
05-10-10, 06:01 PM
very nice

welcome to the forums :)

bjv
05-10-10, 10:16 PM
Sounds great. My wife located an 07 with 800 miles last summer. When I thought about checking into it, its advertisements had gone. I later found one close to me with 20k miles.

The best I've gotten so far is 23 mpg city.

Driven2slow
05-10-10, 10:52 PM
Welcome. Im also in warren.

RADARB8
05-10-10, 11:09 PM
:welcome: u have the fastest color:D and also the fastest to show dust and imperfections...hope u enjoy wiping her down a lot:Dnice looking raven and again welcome to the forum... U will find a lot of members here that have a lot of knowledge and experience that will go out of their way to help and assist u with valuable info... also the search link is a good place to start for info...seya:wavehi:Greg.............

frdplay
05-11-10, 12:31 AM
thanks everyone! Very familiar with the "search" feature from past years on focusfanatics.com and national lightning owners club. kinda glad most of the forums have the same look/feel! :) I sold my 04 EURO SVT Focus and 92 Notchback 5.0 for this new ride. I am a Ford guy, so your probably right about the doors. I programmed the car tonight to unlock upon key removal and delay locks. I still have my heavy modded black Lightning. Should make some good pictures with both these bad boys next to each other! I'm also really curious as to "who" is going to win the battle. Biggest problem... driving 2 at once! LOL :)

Driven2slow... where abouts in Warren? I live on Bunert near 696.

frdplay
05-11-10, 12:36 AM
PS... I know where there is a 2007 with around 7,000 miles on it for 30,500... but IT WAS IN AN ACCIDENT. Was interested in this car at first. Made the dealer an offer of 30K OTD and they said no! I did a carfax, found out it was hit in Trenton, NJ. I called the records division of the Trenton NJ. police department and for $5 they sent me a copy of the police report. Pretty nice of them. The driver rear ended a Peter Bilt and the report said "suffered severe damage". I'm sure glad the dealer said NO on my offer! DOH!

c4ss
05-11-10, 12:41 AM
Good thing you avoided that one. A lot of times these Carfax's are bogus though as far as the "Car has been in an accident" quote goes. My friend was looking at a car and it had a check next to that. He got a copy of the police report and it turned out someone had opened the door on his car and had a slight ding that required dent removal. He only reported it because he witnessed it and the guy was trying to say he didn't do it. An accident??? Not quite.

VonDutch
05-11-10, 01:16 AM
Class A automobile

CadzillaTN
05-11-10, 01:25 AM
:drool:

Driven2slow
05-11-10, 01:27 AM
thanks everyone! Very familiar with the "search" feature from past years on focusfanatics.com and national lightning owners club. kinda glad most of the forums have the same look/feel! :) I sold my 04 EURO SVT Focus and 92 Notchback 5.0 for this new ride. I am a Ford guy, so your probably right about the doors. I programmed the car tonight to unlock upon key removal and delay locks. I still have my heavy modded black Lightning. Should make some good pictures with both these bad boys next to each other! I'm also really curious as to "who" is going to win the battle. Biggest problem... driving 2 at once! LOL :)

Driven2slow... where abouts in Warren? I live on Bunert near 696.

Im at 11 and mound. I drive through bunert when going to my classes at Macomb. I never saw a cts-v there?

JimmyH
05-11-10, 01:59 PM
Good thing you avoided that one. A lot of times these Carfax's are bogus though as far as the "Car has been in an accident" quote goes. My friend was looking at a car and it had a check next to that. He got a copy of the police report and it turned out someone had opened the door on his car and had a slight ding that required dent removal. He only reported it because he witnessed it and the guy was trying to say he didn't do it. An accident??? Not quite.

When I sold my Maxima, it had been to the body shop three times in it's life. Not one of them showed on Carfax.

Carfax is an utter joke.

frdplay
05-13-10, 01:16 PM
Im at 11 and mound. I drive through bunert when going to my classes at Macomb. I never saw a cts-v there?

That's cause it has a nice spot in the garage, parked on carpet! :thumbsup:

I'm the 3rd house (ranch) from the service drive. I had my 92 LX 5.0 Notchback up on the lawn for sale last month that you might've seen.

You probably already know this... but "CAREFUL" on Bunert. Warren PD licks their chops on my street! Shootin' fish in a barrel.

Caddy916Squad
05-13-10, 01:34 PM
looooooks great!! :welcome:

Driven2slow
05-13-10, 03:59 PM
That's cause it has a nice spot in the garage, parked on carpet! :thumbsup:

I'm the 3rd house (ranch) from the service drive. I had my 92 LX 5.0 Notchback up on the lawn for sale last month that you might've seen.

You probably already know this... but "CAREFUL" on Bunert. Warren PD licks their chops on my street! Shootin' fish in a barrel.

Yea I seen the mustang.

When it gets warm out that cop hides behind trees on his bike.

HeavyH20
05-13-10, 07:09 PM
When I sold my Maxima, it had been to the body shop three times in it's life. Not one of them showed on Carfax.

Carfax is an utter joke.

Depends if there was a police report. If a small accident is not reported, it will show up clean. My buddy picked up 2008 IS-F with a clear CarFax and when he went to the dealer for some warranty work (it has 13K miles), all of a sudden everything wrong with it was due to the front end fender bender, even the rear brakes?? They noticed since all of the parts are serialized for the car build.

That aside, very nice find on the V. Low, miles, super clean, great price, nothing to complain about there!

JimmyH
05-14-10, 12:27 AM
body shops are supposed to report any bodywork to carfax, but it's completely voluntary

Driven2slow
05-14-10, 12:48 AM
body shops are supposed to report any bodywork to carfax, but it's completely voluntary

I thought if its claimed on ones insurance than it will show on a carfax but if someone pays for it than it wouldnt?

2manycars
05-14-10, 01:17 AM
I thought if its claimed on ones insurance than it will show on a carfax but if someone pays for it than it wouldnt?

I'm wondering the same thing... don't the insurance companies also provide carfax info?

ghettomike
05-14-10, 01:42 AM
Nice Ride!!!
cant wait to find my V in a few months.

HeavyH20
05-14-10, 03:06 AM
I'm wondering the same thing... don't the insurance companies also provide carfax info?

It is off topic that talking about something other than the sweet 07 with low miles that the OP just picked up, but, the insurance companies rarely report to Carfax. That is the big complaint about the Carfax service. There is no real guarantee.

That V is a nice find. Did you get any warranty with the car? No the regular one but the certified one (100K, 6 year)?

ghettomike
05-14-10, 10:53 AM
It is off topic that talking about something other than the sweet 07 with low miles that the OP just picked up, but, the insurance companies rarely report to Carfax. That is the big complaint about the Carfax service. There is no real guarantee.

That V is a nice find. Did you get any warranty with the car? No the regular one but the certified one (100K, 6 year)?

insurance companies never report it...my truck had over 10 grand in damage plus a bent frame over 3 years ago and it comes up clean with a clean title. it was worth 12-16at the time of the accident and they wouldn't write it off.

0AT E03
05-14-10, 11:20 AM
Nice dude!

I am hoping that the 2007 up in Bay City with only 5000 or so miles on it stays put until September when I am looking to buy. (Looking for an 2006 but I'll take a 2007 as well).

Speaking of CarFax, for GM vehicles ask your dealer to give you a GM VIS report. I run them here at work when I look for cars and it tells you if the Title is branded, and what warranty work is denied. A good way to look up MAJOR damage. GM VIS also shows you all Warranty work that was done on the car.

frdplay
05-17-10, 12:21 PM
LS2 - FWIW, I was also interested in that 2007 in Bay City with 5,000 miles. It "was" in an accident and reported through Carfax (which I also agree is bogus and a waste most of the time, but a necessary evil to at least investigate with any substantial purchase). I have the police report from the accident. The report says the CTS-V rear ended a Peter Bilt and suffered "severe" front end damage and had to be towed away.

Now, I don't know about you... but every Peter Bilt vehicle i've ever seen is something I'd never want to hit, or have hit me! :thepan:

On a side note.... other than Carfax, prospects should get a vehicle history report from the dealer as well. Other than that, taking the car to a dealer or reputable shop to have it checked out is another option. If you smash your car and pay out of pocket to get it fixed... NO-ONE will know except the owner. "Buyer Beware".

Thanks everyone for the comments on the car. I'm liking it a lot. I pulled the dash apart over the weekend and hard wired my radar detecter. Came out sweet! will post that up later tonight.

0AT E03
05-17-10, 02:57 PM
LS2 - FWIW, I was also interested in that 2007 in Bay City with 5,000 miles. It "was" in an accident and reported through Carfax (which I also agree is bogus and a waste most of the time, but a necessary evil to at least investigate with any substantial purchase). I have the police report from the accident. The report says the CTS-V rear ended a Peter Bilt and suffered "severe" front end damage and had to be towed away.

Now, I don't know about you... but every Peter Bilt vehicle i've ever seen is something I'd never want to hit, or have hit me! :thepan:

On a side note.... other than Carfax, prospects should get a vehicle history report from the dealer as well. Other than that, taking the car to a dealer or reputable shop to have it checked out is another option. If you smash your car and pay out of pocket to get it fixed... NO-ONE will know except the owner. "Buyer Beware".

Thanks everyone for the comments on the car. I'm liking it a lot. I pulled the dash apart over the weekend and hard wired my radar detecter. Came out sweet! will post that up later tonight.

Thanks for the info, I am actually surprised it was reported thru CarFax and not GM VIS (which says it has a clean title, you'd think with that damage it would be totaled). Somehow GM hasn't caught wind of this...

JimmyH
05-18-10, 12:07 AM

all three of my maxima's trip to the body shop were through insurance. One of them was mine through allstate (when my wife backed her into a pole) another was through Farmers (when the hvac guy dropped his ladder on her roof) and the third, for the life of me I cannot remember. But I know there was a third. And I know when I sold her, I ran a carfax report on her and she came up clean. If I remember right, there were two dealer service visits shown (out of probably a dozen) and that was it.