: I need ideas on how to replace or repair my Window Washer Pump - for my '86 Fleetwood

visitor200
05-09-10, 06:21 PM
I need ideas on how to replace or repair my Window Washer Pump - for my '86 Fleetwood Brougham.

Part is no longer available in dealer network. I push the dashboard button on the left signal arm, starts the wipers, but the pump is not pumping the water through the hose from the water storage unit.

This is a 5" plastic pump that snaps into the top hole of the plastic water holding tank under the hood. I noticed some corrosion on the electrical tabs of the pump. (You think they can be cleaned?)

NAPA auto parts is showing a different pump for the year, and their pump has 3 electrical tabs (the 3rd one I suspect is a ground), which mine only has two electrical tabs for the wiring harness to plug into.

This is all new to me, trying to keep a 1986 Fleetwood Brougham (which I bought new in 1986 from Martin Cadillac) in decent running shape. Now I am faced with potentially more parts going bad and no place to find them.

Thanks for all your help, and patience.

cadillac_al
05-12-10, 07:16 AM
I don't mess with those too much but I didn't think there were too many different versions of those pumps. They usually look about the same to me. I'm surprised NAPA didn't have one that would work. Maybe a bum NAPA, I would check another store to be sure.

sven914
05-17-10, 08:32 PM
Try an AC DELCO distributor. The part number is 22071780. Advance Auto parts is an AC DELCO distributor, but they don't have everything. Search Google Maps for certified distributors in your area.