: New V owner in Detroit area

NGKTECH
05-07-10, 01:19 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone

I've been on the search for a V here the last month or so and finally settled on one thats about 2 hours from me here in Mi. Its a 2005 stealth grey model with 44k miles and we settled on a price of $19,750 I'll be picking it up later next week but can't wait to get it home.

Anything I should look for or certain mods that should be done once first getting it home? Looking forward to learning and modifying. Thanks

Also, I'm the US technical support rep for NGK spark plugs so if anyone ha sany plug questions just let me know. :)

Regards,

MAPerformance
05-07-10, 02:29 PM
I have a NGK question lol. When you going to make plugs for the 2010 EVO X that fit ;) haha. I miss being home in Michigan, everything was so much closer to me when I needed something pronto. I used to run my own business back in Mi in the Detroit area.

Congrats on the new car, hope you love it! First mods should be Motor and transmission mounts, then a clutch!!! Check out our twin disk!

NGKTECH
05-07-10, 02:50 PM
We're hopin to have the EVO 10 plugs in the next couple months. The OE part number is ILKR8E6 but unfortunately it's only available from Mitsu as of right now.

We do offer the stock and colder heat range iridium racing plugs for those cars but the downside is they are literally $100 a piece. Part no. R2556B-8, R2556B-9, R2556B-10

soulja
05-07-10, 03:24 PM
We're hopin to have the EVO 10 plugs in the next couple months. The OE part number is ILKR8E6 but unfortunately it's only available from Mitsu as of right now.

We do offer the stock and colder heat range iridium racing plugs for those cars but the downside is they are literally $100 a piece. Part no. R2556B-8, R2556B-9, R2556B-10

Where are you in the Detroit area?

MAPerformance
05-07-10, 04:51 PM

Yea I knew that, intense pricing. I had to cancel and order with my customer because of that.

HKS makes a cheaper one but Still 100 for a set!

Where do you actually live in Michigan? I'm coming home the 20th of this month and will be staying the weekend!

cvettr/cts-v
05-07-10, 06:12 PM
Congrats and welcome to the forum.

NGKTECH
05-07-10, 06:46 PM
I live in Wolverine Lake, which is basically Novi, Commerce, Walled Lake, area if your more familiar with those.

NGKTECH
05-07-10, 06:48 PM
Yea I knew that, intense pricing. I had to cancel and order with my customer because of that.

HKS makes a cheaper one but Still 100 for a set!

Where do you actually live in Michigan? I'm coming home the 20th of this month and will be staying the weekend!

Yeah I usually recommend those as a replacement right now too. They're made by NGK as well so we're not losing out too much lol.

MAPerformance
05-07-10, 07:20 PM
That is what I figured. LoL. I have have 300 of your spark plugs in stock right now. Why am I not direct? LoL. Put in the good word ;)

rand49er
05-07-10, 09:06 PM
I live in Wolverine Lake, which is basically Novi, Commerce, Walled Lake, area if your more familiar with those.You're really close to Den_93 and not too far from JD03Cobra not to mention yours truly. :D Bigron is in Southfield plus got 'em in Clarkston, Belleville, Plymouth, Fenton, Ypsilanti, Windsor, Toledo, and ... well, you get the picture.

Well, you might as well put it down ... Dream Cruise the 3rd week of August. Had a dozen of us at the last one.

Mods? CAGS eliminator (or tune it out), shifter, and new axles to prevent wheel hop. '05 Stealth Gray you say? Hm-m ...

52many
05-07-10, 09:56 PM
You're really close to Den_93 and not too far from JD03Cobra not to mention yours truly. :D Bigron is in Southfield plus got 'em in Clarkston, Belleville, Plymouth, Fenton, Ypsilanti, Windsor, Toledo, and ... well, you get the picture.

Well, you might as well put it down ... Dream Cruise the 3rd week of August. Had a dozen of us at the last one.

Mods? CAGS eliminator (or tune it out), shifter, and new axles to prevent wheel hop. '05 Stealth Gray you say? Hm-m ...

+1 Stealth = best color:want:

NGKTECH
05-10-10, 12:06 PM
You're really close to Den_93 and not too far from JD03Cobra not to mention yours truly. :D Bigron is in Southfield plus got 'em in Clarkston, Belleville, Plymouth, Fenton, Ypsilanti, Windsor, Toledo, and ... well, you get the picture.

The CAGS eliminator is for the skip shift right? If so then I'm good cause this car already has that mod done. A shifter would be a nice first mod any links or names of manufacturers for these cars? I'm sure B&M pry makes one huh?

I wasn;t so sure on the stealth grey color at first (we really wanted black) but after seeing it in person it looks really nice and once I tint the tailligths and front lights it should look awesome. It already has tinted windows so Im good to go there. :)

rand49er
05-10-10, 02:01 PM
If you've got money to burn, you can get a UUC shifter -- quiet and has good reputation. Luke from Lindsay Cadillac can set you up.

If you're a cheapskate like me, B&M makes a very reliable shifter. Might be tough to find one nowadays, though.

If you blew your wad on your car but still have gas money, PM PISNUOFF ... Brian will rework a stocker and make it a whole bunch better.

NGKTECH
05-10-10, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the info! I found some threads on the UUC shifter and it looks nice but to rich for my blood. I'll search out the other two options you recommended. Thanks!

ronr
05-10-10, 03:26 PM

I'm the guy in Fenton. Actually it's a Fenton address but I'm practically in Hartland :shhh: Welcome.

frdplay
05-10-10, 11:42 PM
congrats! was that the car up in the Thumb area? If so, I was looking at that one too! I ended up going with a 2007 from Wisconsin. I live in Warren, work in Southfield (Telegraph and 10 mile area) by your competition... DENSO! ;)

NGKTECH
05-11-10, 08:49 AM
Yep that's the one, it's in Harbor Beach. I found a ton of cars that were awesome deals out of state but our credit union is offering an awesome rate but the only kicker was it had to be a MI titled car so we were pretty limited with whats around here but I think we did pretty good for the price and miles, we didnt get the color we wanted (black) but I think this stealth grey might grow on me :)