: 24'' vs 26'' what should i get ?

paidge7
05-06-10, 11:04 PM
Hi,

i was wondering what size i should go, my heart tell me to go big but i dont want to have rubbing issues.

what would you do ?

Whats the perfect specifications for both of them if i want a perfect fit, no fender poppers !?

Thanks a lot

and if some of you guys got a good deal let me know i love the Lexani Lx-7 chrome with black insert.

Ronin
05-07-10, 10:48 AM
Normally, I'd be the one of the last people to suggest it, but really, I would use the search function...since it seems like every other thread in this forum asks the same question. It's been gone over again and again, ad naseum...

Personally I wouldn't go bigger than 24", but that's just me...and opinions are like, well, you know...

dent magic
05-07-10, 12:07 PM
With 26's, your tires will rub when you make tight turns, when you backup and turn at the same time, and the rear will rub when you have 4 adults or more in your truck. I went with 26's (stock height) when I got my escalade and did'nt want to start cutting plastic or grinding metal off to make room. I got 24's with 295-35-24 and haven't had a single rub whatsoever.

with 26"
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/cezR6/rides/DSCN0106.jpg

with 24"
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y237/cezR6/rides/DSC_0109.jpg

hcvone
05-07-10, 12:36 PM
It depends on where you live and drive, if you are in an area of the country with good roads you can go with 26's, if you live and drive where I do then anything about 22's is back breaking. ;)

dixit
05-07-10, 01:49 PM
Me, I decided on a new set of KMCs in 22s. After debating it alot i didnt want to go 24s since I drive this on long trips alot and didnt want to suffer too much mpg drop and also tow my 6x12 enclosed time to time. And personally I dont want to deal with bending rims. Even with my $5k wheels I had custom made for my S55, here in ATL still managed to bend them on a small pot hole. Yes we shouldve avoided it, however "another" person was driving the car.

Dixit

Neoex
05-07-10, 02:35 PM
26's look so much better than 24's, I can say with 36k miles on my 26's there are no serious wear issues in my inner fenders etc, yes at weird angels and heavy loads there is occasional rubbing

Kickboxer
05-07-10, 11:11 PM
I've run 20" X 305's, then ran 22" X 305's and now have 24" X 305's and all rub on those certain inclines and bumps. 99% of the time they are fine. If you have auto side steps you will need to trim the front cover or loosen the mounting bolts and push them towards the rear of the truck to gain the clearance needed for lock to lock turning.

paidge7
05-08-10, 12:22 PM
yeah i got those electric steps, i will need to watch it, even with 24'' ??

dent magic
05-08-10, 01:41 PM
yeah i got those electric steps, i will need to watch it, even with 24'' ??
I also had a 305 on my 24's when I first got them and they would rub very lightly. After I went with the 295, the rubbing stopped competely.

Kickboxer
05-08-10, 11:12 PM
I also had a 305 on my 24's when I first got them and they would rub very lightly. After I went with the 295, the rubbing stopped competely.

Do you have electric side steps?

dent magic
05-09-10, 01:38 AM
regular running boards.

goldesky
05-12-10, 09:22 AM
i say 26s.. but its about looks vs ride - dent magic's escalade looks WAY better on the 26s because it fills the wheel wells better that are huge on these trucks (no offense, bro - just my opinion) - but then again, he didnt like the rubbing or ride... which is undersandable

I have the lexani LX-6 but not on yet as i'm having them custom painted (26s) -lowered 2/3 so you know my ride will suck. But my roads are not too bad here in Texas. But when i go to houston i'm screwed ;)

ask yourself. Do you want it to look cool but suffer the consequences, or look good and have a better everyday experience.

i'm a sucker for big rims, but would NEVER go over 26. those pics of people putting 30s on these trucks are stupid.

paidge7
05-12-10, 11:19 PM
yeah i really understand i make around 15k miles a year and i live in montreal, canada where the roads are the worst on the planet i think but i want my truck to look really nice also.

so the question is do i want it to look like badass but feel like a tucson, or look like a nice lade and ride like a nice lade also :p

Ronin
05-13-10, 09:36 AM
yeah i really understand i make around 15k miles a year and i live in montreal, canada where the roads are the worst on the planet i think but i want my truck to look really nice also.

so the question is do i want it to look like badass but feel like a tucson, or look like a nice lade and ride like a nice lade also :p

I'd argue with you about having the worst roads on the planet...but ours are the worst in the solar system...so there! :nyanya: (really nothing to brag about, it's actually quite embarrassing with out of town guests...)

Seriously, you just answered your own question. 15K miles a year with horrible roads. I drove just over that much the first year with my ESV and the 22s got on my nerves more than once, and I'm not a baby about a harsh ride. Personally, myself (and my passengers) expect a little more smoothness out of a Cadillac. I didn't mind bouncing around in my lifted diesel MONSTER Excursion, but knocking the fillings out of your teeth in a luxury SUV leaves a whole lot to be desired...

And adding bigger wheels without lowering isn't exacting the brightest thing to do either, at least aesthetically speaking. For the most part when you upsize the wheel you're downsizing the sidewall, so you're not adding any real height to the wheel that fills in the wheel well unless you lower it. 26s on a standard height suspension car look like something Hot Wheels has in the toy section of Wal Mart...

paidge7
05-14-10, 12:37 AM
well for lowering i personally think that a lade on 26 not lowered is more acceptable estheticaly that a civic on 19 not lowered.

a truck is still a truck : 80% of the truck on oversized wheels are not lowered.

MATCHN_TOYZ
05-14-10, 12:23 PM
Well maybe this well help with that "lowered" "not lowered" argument..... dont worry I wont take it personal if you like it or hate it.

26in rims STOCK HEIGHT

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/513/461/26280230222_large.jpg

26in rims LOWERED (2/4)

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/513/461/26280230223_large.jpg

:thumbsup:

paidge7
05-17-10, 11:15 PM
Yeah matchin your truck is definitly better lowered but the difference is more acceptable on an escalade than on a sport car :p

And anyway a stock Escalade is 100% nicer than a 100k mod civic :)

Ronin
05-18-10, 02:52 PM
MATCHN_TOYZ...THAT is what I'm talking about! Very classy looking, and is lowered perfect. I hate to ask (since you've probably been asked and answered a bunch of times before), but since we can't have sigs here and you can't list your mods, what wheels are you rollin' on? I stand corrected on my previous statement about 26s...that rocks! I guess I'm just hatin' 'cause I'm all jealous and whatnot...:crying:

paidge7
05-18-10, 11:14 PM
for what i am guessing because i watch this model a lot and its my prefered ill say DUB dirty dog 6 !!!

And while i am here, whats the perfect fitment for 24''s and 26''s ?

6x139 20-25 offset maximum 30 but not the best with 295 i guess ? same for 26'' and 24'' ?

thanks

MATCHN_TOYZ
05-19-10, 12:04 AM
Thanks guys :highfive:

I know when we talk about Escalades & lowering & big rims :helpless:.... it could turn out lookn stupid :histeric: and unclassy:nono: ..but Ive really tried to keep it lookn high end and classy. Since I have the EXT I wanted it to look high end, classy + SPORTY so I went with the DUB DIRTY DOGG SIX (paidge7 you were correct) in the 26in to give it a different look than a SUV. I then added the lowering kit to level it out and give it a more aggresive stance. I wanted it to be something that the Valet would want to keep parked upfront yet still be something I could drive daily...I think I did an "ok job" :rolleyes:

Ronin
05-19-10, 08:51 AM
^^^ Excellent point, what looks good on an EXT might not look as good on a standard Escalade/ESV...no matter, ya done good!

paidge7
05-20-10, 11:18 PM
well honestly you did an AMAZING JOB to be honest. and also id like to tell you it could be really nice also on my regular escalade !! you want to send them out to me for the summer ill take some clean pictures and ill show all how nice it will be ! hahaha

dent magic
05-24-10, 11:27 AM
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/513/461/26280230223_large.jpg

Those Dub 26's look good so I I'll try it again; I ordered some DuB Bomber 26's. I'll post some pics as soon as they are on. :)

WheelExecutives
05-26-10, 05:23 PM
not sure if you are still looking, but we carry lexani.. shoot me a message and I'll get you a deal. sales@wheelexecutives.com

miguelesp
05-27-10, 01:37 PM
If i was you I would go with the 26"s .
The look that you will get is much better.