: New guy here, from Sacramento, CA!!

FRiCK
05-06-10, 07:10 PM
Hey guys! Just got my V last week and so far I'm in love! I'm 24 and coming from built and blown mustangs this is a whole nother class of car... Anyways it's a 05' black on black V with 60k on it, picked it up for $19k... Raced it last night for the first time and managed a best of 13.4 @ 111 w/ 2.1 60' on some garbage 245/45's... It's stock besides a K&N FIPK and CAGS delete. Next round of mods will be Pacesetter armor coated LT's and high flow cats along with a tune. To follow that will be a shifter with bushings and some creative steel ultra motor and tranny mounts.

-Scott

JimmyH
05-06-10, 09:59 PM
welcome to the forums. your post was moderated, which is why you could not see it until now.

Baltimore07V
05-07-10, 04:23 AM
Hey guys! Just got my V last week and so far I'm in love! I'm 24 and coming from built and blown mustangs this is a whole nother class of car... Anyways it's a 05' black on black V with 60k on it, picked it up for $19k... Raced it last night for the first time and managed a best of 13.4 @ 111 w/ 2.1 60' on some garbage 245/45's... It's stock besides a K&N FIPK and CAGS delete. Next round of mods will be Pacesetter armor coated LT's and high flow cats along with a tune. To follow that will be a shifter with bushings and some creative steel ultra motor and tranny mounts.

-Scott

Grats. But if your racing it, get an axle mod ASAP. See GForce1320 for some good ones. That, the clutch, and the Motor mounts really wake this car up, and make it feel and run like it should.

But grats again, sounds like your already enjoying her.

rand49er
05-07-10, 08:20 AM
Welcome!

Yeah, as said, be careful with clutch dumps till you get a set of upgraded axles.

Somebody else here is from Sacramento.

sak_v
05-07-10, 04:31 PM
Congrats on your purchase. I'm from Sacramento too and at least I know 3 more people frome Sac in this forum.

Welcome!!

814V
05-07-10, 05:05 PM
Congrats and welcome!

PISNUOFF
05-07-10, 05:24 PM
....and the modding begins. Hit me up when you need a shifter and bushings. I sell a modified stock short shifter and the UUC bushings. Welcome.

CTSV_Rob
05-07-10, 10:26 PM
Not in Sacramento but I'm close.

Ever consider a road course??

Just got back from Buttonwillow (2 track days in a row) and that's what these pigs were designed for :D

:welcome: to the forum!!!

50 4Ever
05-08-10, 02:47 AM
Welcome to the forum. I'm from the Sacramento area also. I'm on my 2nd V, 1st one was totalled by someone hitting me while I was stopped in traffic. Love the V....

:thumbsup:

Jbawden
05-08-10, 12:04 PM
Chico here (little over an hour north of Sac for those not familiar with the area). Thunder gray, magnaflow, CAI. My V was sitting at Courtesy Motors in Chico unsold since June of 2007. I was actually looking for a G8 GXP but then spotted the V grill hiding in the corner of the lot. It was the perfect storm as my wife had a medical procedure earlier in the day and was still feeling the meds when I brought her in "just to check the V out" and couple hours later I was driving it home :-) She never would have agreed to the deal if she wasn't all hopped up! That was March of last year by the way.

rand49er
05-09-10, 10:52 PM
... I was actually looking for a G8 GXP but then spotted the V grill hiding in the corner of the lot. It was the perfect storm as my wife had a medical procedure earlier in the day and was still feeling the meds when I brought her in "just to check the V out" and couple hours later I was driving it home :-) She never would have agreed to the deal if she wasn't all hopped up! That was March of last year by the way.:rofl: GREAT story!

cvettr/cts-v
05-10-10, 12:12 AM
Congrats on th purchase and welcome!

vinofyl
05-10-10, 04:51 PM
Welcome. I'm a V-owner in Roseville. You are not alone.

c4ss
05-10-10, 06:02 PM
:welcome:

MOEJZ
05-11-10, 01:01 PM
welcome ... Im not in Sac, but was there last weekend with my '04 V. Im from EastBay. Fun cars...

smashn808
05-11-10, 05:24 PM
North Bay here. Please post up some numbers when you get thos Pacesetters on. Alot of members are interested in fitment and such. Congrats on the V.