: The Next Generation of Cadi Lovers

greyghost04
08-25-04, 09:31 PM
I was stopped at the light and two 16 years were walking by. They stopped and looked at my CTS and gawked. Then one of them said to me "That car is so cool!" :coolgleam I said thanks. I thought, did I ever think a Cadi was 'cool' when I was 16? No!

BeelzeBob
08-26-04, 08:24 AM
That's cool! :) Oddly enough, I thought my Father's 1980 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz was cool when I was a kid - but I'm sure I was rare! I mean, heck. I grew-up to create this site so that's gotta tell ya something..

It doesn't surprise me that young kids like the way Cadillacs look nowadays. They really are cool-looking cars... Cadillac has a great, great future...

DaveSmed
08-26-04, 12:52 PM
Thats pretty neat, although I think I caught one lady off guard when I started asking her about her BEAUTIFUL black 96 Fleetwood. I knew I always wanted a classic car, thinking the typical Chevelle or Camaro, but those cars fetch a mint for the decent ones, and make crappy daily drivers. My friends 67 Mustang has a pedal you have to pump to use the windshield washers. I have 6-way power seats, power windows, and automatic climate control with A/C to name a few. Not to mention all of the power is there (way more than that Mustang with the 200cid 6cyl). I knew what I wanted, and I wanted my Cadillac!

majax
08-26-04, 04:02 PM
my friends think our '99 STS is pretty awesome lookin. Shoot I don't know anyone who hasnt said it doesn't look good.

Ralph
08-26-04, 05:13 PM
My Dad had a Gulf service station in the 1970's and I always loved the classic vertical taillights, as they are instantly recognizable to anyone that it is a Cadillac, even if they don't know about cars. If I was a kid again, I would love the CTS, no doubt!

Fantom Infinity
08-26-04, 08:50 PM
I turn 18 in September, and I drive a '93 ETC. Let's just say that many more of my friends respect my car, and Cadillac because of it. I guess people really don't realize that these truly are finely made automobiles. Not that this is the only thing to it, but none of my friends have a quicker car. And I know it will take anything in the High School parking lot next year.

I definitely am a Caddy fan for life...can't wait to possibly get a V-series. But I really wish they'd make an ETC-V.

barge master
09-02-04, 09:22 AM
It is kind of a shocker to see how many young guys there are who love Caddys. Especially the big old RWD ones. When I was 15 I took my older buddys 72 New Yorker for a ride. All that room and buttons to play with were neat enough, but when I put that pedal down and felt that 440 open up, I knew those big luxury cars were for me. It was only the last couple years I realized Caddys were my favorites though. It's wierd how many people snicker at the cars though. People talk all day about muscle cars and Mustangs and trucks and what not and I just kind of yawn. Belly button vehicles. Everybody has one. The newer Caddys are a whole different breed of car than the old tanks, so I guess their appeal is more universal. Still, they're not everybody's cup of tea. I often find myself having a lot in common with other Caddy people in general, besides the cars. I guess it's a state of mind we share. We dare to like something different. :coolgleam

ljklaiber
09-08-04, 06:07 PM
My fifties generation invented the word ...'COOL'. Caddy was special , even back then. The 55Chevy opend the door to V8 performance. The rest is history.

Sandy
09-08-04, 07:00 PM
The way of the present world.

In 1969, my parents gave me their 1967 Imperial (235" long), as they bought a new one. So, the next door neighbor says to me a few weeks later, "Why would you want such a gas guzzler, AND black...it looks like a funeral car" ...

I was deeply offended by her comments, but I remained pleasant. 2 years ago, some 33 years later, I run into her daughter, and we recalled growing up as kids (I was much older). Daughter & I walk to her car, a 2001 Lincoln Navagator; Black ;)

I said to her, "Why would you drive such a gas guzzler, and BLACK!! It looks like a hearse" ~ :histeric: She, was nowhere near as nice as I was to her old lady, let me tell 'ya. (Ahhh, the benefits of hitting 55 years old).

ben72227
09-08-04, 07:11 PM
I thought my Father's 1980 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz was cool

I think my 1980 Cadillac Eldorado is cool too. Does this bring back any memories Sal?:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/632008_10_full.jpg

Here's some more pictures for those interested :p : http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/632008

Sandy
09-08-04, 08:10 PM
I like it, alot. I was always partial to the steel roofed ones over the full length vinyl or padded 3/4 landau. Somehow (to me) it looked more luxurous that way, and not as "sporty" ~ Nice car!

tru504187211
09-08-04, 10:03 PM
Call me a trader to Oldsmobile, but my Grossvater's 1980 Olds Delta 88 Royale was the original car that turned me into a luxury lover...I turned into a Cadillac lover when I grew up a bit and realized how classic those Devilles and Eldos in the Cadillac dealer down the block looked...The most common compliments I've received fit into either "nice car" or "that's clean". I cannot complain as they have come from both young and old.

CoupeDevilleRob
09-09-04, 10:33 PM
I've been driving an 83 Coupe Deville since i'm 17 and I loved Cadillacs way before that. Even more proof that young people are into Caddys, new and old, all my friends rank my car near the top on our list of friends' cool cars, along with a WRX and a Mustang GT. And in high school my car was among the favorites in the parking lot. Even some of my younger sister's friends think my car is cool.

It also freaked out everyone I work with that the big, old Cadillac in the parking lot belonged to the kid (I'm the youngest person at my job by a long shot). Cadillac definately has a bright future and fan base.

Msilva954
09-10-04, 08:40 AM
Ive always been into large cars I guess its my height but Ive never been attracted to Japanese cars at all....and very few Euro cars....Im a Caprice,Impala,Deville,TownCar type kid.

lacmang
09-23-04, 02:04 AM
I'm 22 and have always liked Cadillacs, most of my friends like them too. It just depends on the person.

One time I was walking into a Auto parts store to get anti-freeze and at the same time before I walked in a older man in his 60's or older and a girl my age both complimented the Cadillac I just stepped out of.

Night Wolf
09-23-04, 11:53 AM
I love big, American cars with big V8's....

Cadillac is my favorite though... 5 years ago, most younger kids thought Cadillac was an old mans car.. but in 2000, they really started changing that image around... now they are coming back on top along with BMW and MB....

...I love driving my Caddy's besides ever getting a truck, I am always going to have a Caddy.... well, a daily driver Caddy :)

Of course there are a few stupid kids at my school "why do you need 3 cars" "3 cars.. only stupid people have 3 cars" "Cadillac, that is a stupid old person slow car" <--- those comments came from a kid that drives his parents 1990 Taurus... AKA... they mean crap to me. Most all my friends, and other kids in my school love my DeVille... especially the '79, it is just so out of place in the parking lot, it always attracks attention.

I am the only person at my school (teachers included) that drives a Cadillac, so that is cool too :)

Although, 80% of the time, I drive the Olds to school and stuff, so people get used to seeing me in that (despite all last year I only drove the '93) then when I drive either the '93 or '79, everyone stares at me, people will shout out.. Hey, nice car, or Sweet Caddy etc... I just worry about someone doing something stupid... keying the car, or stealing the hood ornament or something, hen door dings.. which is another reason why I drive the Olds most the time.

I don't support Cadillac's new way to name their cars (the 3 letter things) BUT I do congradulate them alot in bringing the image back... it is doing wonders for the brand...

ben72227
09-23-04, 08:14 PM
i also don't like the fact of Cadillac changing the names. Its what makes then AMERICAN luxary cars. Changing Catera to CTS, Deville to DTS, and Seville to STS really makes Caddy look weak, like they're trying to copy off of Mercedes or BMW. If I wanted a CLK or a 325i or a etc. id get an import. But I want a Coupe de Ville, Eldorado Biarittz (sp?), Seville Touring Sedan. Its okay to have acronyms like STS when they stand for Seville Touring Sedan, but when you have acronyms that stand for nothing like the new STS and CTS, its just bad.

Kids also think im kinda cool with a Cadillac at school. They do joke sometimes about it being diesel, but its still a Cadillac and they think thats really cool, especially that its a classic. :p And the few kids that don't like it drive...Honda Accords, Chevy Malibus, etc. you get the picture. I think they're just jealous of my couch-leather and six way power seats :p

Visirale
09-24-04, 07:28 AM
I'm 15, learned to drive on my mom's deville, and now love my seville. All my friends think that caddy is awesome. I think some models are more prone to the "old man" stereotype than the others... ie the deville. The seville on the other hand sends a nice mafia/business man image across :).

ben72227
09-26-04, 07:58 PM
you're 15 and have a '98 SLS??? Lucky you! :eek:

barge master
09-27-04, 12:28 AM
Ahh don't be envious Ben. As nice as the newer ones are in many respects, old ones like you've got have a charm all their own. One thing I always liked about old cars too is that your first payment on it is your last. I went and bought a new Grand Prix in 84, and the honeymoon was over in a hurry. That silly thing spent more time in the shop than my driveway. Once the warranty was over it was bye-bye to that thing. I wasn't gonna make huge payments on a car and have to fix it all the time on top of it. I replaced it with a $600 72 Catalina and never looked back.