: The Twin in Columbia, MD

gsx-lex
05-05-10, 07:41 PM
My Evil twin lives somewhere in my area.......

There is a 04-05 black ctsv with tan interior, exhaust, and rims (gun metal with lip) that is always parked in the Kings Contrivance shopping center in Columbia, Maryland.

Does that description ring a bell?

Lex
(the other CTSV in the neighborhood)

Baltimore07V
05-06-10, 04:12 AM
Wasn't me, but if your the one that shop's at the Lowe's on 108 and 175, I've seen you a few times.

That makes either 3 or 4 in our area that I know of. There is/was a black with a power dome hood.

RADARB8
05-06-10, 09:22 AM
Man, we gotta get together at a rally this summer.. Hell i have had my V since Nov. and i am getting my tags next week....Eldersburg,Md. 2nd and 4th sat. of every month is nice. 5PM. on this side of town... now Baltimore07 what goes on in Hartford Co??? be nice to have a half a dozen V's get together.. I just want to parrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty!!!!:alchi:Yeeeeeeeeee eHa

rjm27
05-07-10, 09:34 PM
There are more than 4-5 around. I live off 29 in Columbia and have seen 6-8 different 1st gens multiple times. A few guys in Elkridge and Ellicott City I know of. We should have a get together sometime.

gsx-lex
05-07-10, 09:45 PM
Agreed. I live right off of 32 &29. I always see a silver V driving south on rt29 around 8:30 am. We should plan a get together at "on the border" on rt108, right by the Lowes. There's plenty of parking. I can guarantee myself and another CTSV (buddy of mine who also lives in Columbia).

lex

gsx-lex
05-07-10, 09:46 PM
Wasn't me, but if your the one that shop's at the Lowe's on 108 and 175, I've seen you a few times.

frequent that area pretty often. I love Royal Farm's turkey subs :)

MVP
05-08-10, 08:37 AM
i live in the area as well, a get together would be great. Or a mod / maintenance party would be cool too.

Baltimore07V
05-08-10, 11:44 AM
Agreed. I live right off of 32 &29. I always see a silver V driving south on rt29 around 8:30 am. We should plan a get together at "on the border" on rt108, right by the Lowes. There's plenty of parking. I can guarantee myself and another CTSV (buddy of mine who also lives in Columbia).

lex

I am slammed up through the end of May with work, but we should do an MD get together some time this summer.

gsx-lex
05-08-10, 12:20 PM
I just started a new job, so this month is probably not the best for me. Lets plan for Mid -June. I'll make an official post this coming week.

gsx-lex
05-08-10, 12:22 PM
i live in the area as well, a get together would be great. Or a mod / maintenance party would be cool too.

I'd be more than willing to over my wrenching abilities (though most of my experience is with turbo cars) if anyone has the space to do it.

MVP
05-13-10, 01:08 PM
Who wants to help me with brakes, front rotors and both f&r pads?

rjm27
05-13-10, 01:40 PM
I would be interested in helping out depending on when you do it.. my schedule is pretty full due to family and the wife working on weekends..

RADARB8
05-14-10, 04:04 AM
Who wants to help me with brakes, front rotors and both f&r pads?

from what i have read on the forum the brake job is supposed to be quite easy... I have an extra wide single car garage with a 4 post....we could do it in about 2 weeks... Let me know... Greg Ellicott City.:thumbsup:

Zo6PwRd
05-14-10, 06:09 AM
Im in HArford county and id be down for a meet. Anyone heading down Ocean City next week for hot rod? I sure will.

And BTW brakes couldnt be easier. Do the pads in about 5 minutes if that per caliper. If you didnt have to do rotors itd be even easier.

MVP
05-14-10, 08:46 AM
from what i have read on the forum the brake job is supposed to be quite easy... I have an extra wide single car garage with a 4 post....we could do it in about 2 weeks... Let me know... Greg Ellicott City.:thumbsup:

Great thanks. I will pm you this weekend. 2 weeks from now sounds good as long as my wife doesn't have any Memorial day weekend plans for me:rolleyes:

MVP
05-17-10, 03:57 PM
Anyone available this weekend? I was thinking Sunday around 1ish. I am emailing RADARB8 to see if he is available. Anyone here replaced rotors who can lend a hand? Even if you can't lend a hand it would be cool just to hang out.

Zo6PwRd
05-17-10, 11:35 PM
nope, its hot rod weekend down Ocean City, i believe radar might be heading down as well as a couple other V owners. After you take the wheel off its literally a torx screw, and the two caliper bolts and the rotor comes off, literally a 1 minute job with an air ratchet.

gsx-lex
05-17-10, 11:41 PM
I can probably lend a hand. The brakes are pretty easy to do, but if you've never done them, I can understand your apprehension. Once you do it (or see it done) once, you'll be fine. I've been meaning to meet up with Greg, so if he lends us some space, all the better.

Also, I did not forget about posting a meet, I've been so busy with my new job, but soon enough, I'll make a post. Plan on mid June.

MVP
05-18-10, 09:11 AM
nope, its hot rod weekend down Ocean City, i believe radar might be heading down as well as a couple other V owners. After you take the wheel off its literally a torx screw, and the two caliper bolts and the rotor comes off, literally a 1 minute job with an air ratchet.

Do I need anything else? I don't have an air ratchet, do they need to be torqued to a spec or anything like that. I guess I need to buy a torx set.

Do I need to bleed the brakes afterwards?

Thanks for all your help.:)

Zo6PwRd
05-18-10, 10:18 AM
Do I need anything else? I don't have an air ratchet, do they need to be torqued to a spec or anything like that. I guess I need to buy a torx set.

Do I need to bleed the brakes afterwards?

Thanks for all your help.:)

I never torqued mine just air ratcheted the cailpers back on. Also just tightened the torx screw that holds the rotor on. just remeber to do one brake pad at a time, compress the pistions on one side of the caliper, pull out the pad, grease the new pad slide it in and do the other side. If you need help i can give you a hand next weekend if you not too far. You may need a breaker bar to get the caliper bolts loose.

RADARB8
05-18-10, 12:11 PM
Anyone available this weekend? I was thinking Sunday around 1ish. I am emailing RADARB8 to see if he is available. Anyone here replaced rotors who can lend a hand? Even if you can't lend a hand it would be cool just to hang out.

Ok! since i am not going to OC. there will be a V hang out and a front brake job instruction for MVP using my 4 post:cool2:I will have the grill on and cooler stocked with sodas and Bud Ice or u can buob..:banana:Any f/m who can make it please e-mail me at [ vette600ho@yahoo.com ] must bring the V.
pics will be taken and a good time will be had by all.seeya:wave:Greg......

ps: Ellicott City Md. directions given via e-mail

MVP
05-18-10, 12:27 PM
Ok! since i am not going to OC. there will be a V hang out and a front brake job instruction for MVP using my 4 post:cool2:I will have the grill on and cooler stocked with sodas and Bud Ice or u can buob..:banana:Any f/m who can make it please e-mail me at [ vette600ho@yahoo.com ] must bring the V.
pics will be taken and a good time will be had by all.seeya:wave:Greg......

Email sent. Of course I will be there otherwise there would not be a brake job happening. :yup:

RADARB8
05-18-10, 04:30 PM
all btw: if i didn't mention the time and date it's 1 PM till 5 ish. on Sunday the 23rd.:yup: Maybe still some of the OC. crew could make it on their way back

gsx-lex
05-18-10, 08:28 PM
I've Got a Snap-on Cordless impact, I can bring.....

Greg,Did you ever get your gauge fixed? Still need me to look at that?

steveomatic
05-18-10, 10:47 PM
Email sent! I'd love to check out some other Vs and grillin/drinkin/wrenchin is always a plus! Hope to meet some of you and check out your rides, esp since I won't be making the trip to OC...

RADARB8
05-19-10, 12:57 AM
I've Got a Snap-on Cordless impact, I can bring.....

Greg,Did you ever get your gauge fixed? Still need me to look at that?

I got a compressor with air ratchets...but if u want to bring it that would be one less cord in my garage to trip over... And yes, i would like u to look at my turbo setup and MSD Blackhawk and AEM gauges. and give me some advice. When u bring your V the lift will be available rain or shine...and maybe there are some things u would like to look at..... or do some undercarriage
cleanup and can spray paint... Whatever, u like... i have enough tools i think for anything u would like to do...I just want to get some forum members together for a good time, and have a cookout, i would love to take some pics of everyone and their rides...if u decide to come or still doubtful please make a post... hope u can make it. [ps: e-mail me for directions at this address
[ vette600hp@yahoo.com ] thanks Greg

benb870
05-19-10, 08:46 AM
Z06,
I'll be down in Ocean City starting tomorrow. I'm staying at 28th street bay side. let me know if the V's are going to meet up somewhere.
240-205-2390.
Ben

RADARB8
05-19-10, 05:03 PM
I never torqued mine just air ratcheted the cailpers back on. Also just tightened the torx screw that holds the rotor on. just remeber to do one brake pad at a time, compress the pistions on one side of the caliper, pull out the pad, grease the new pad slide it in and do the other side. If you need help i can give you a hand next weekend if you not too far. You may need a breaker bar to get the caliper bolts loose.

Did u compress the pistons just on one side and did u do this with the caliper off....These brakes are not like the typical chevy brakes where u use a 6" c-clamp and compress the piston in b/4 u unbolt the calipers....also what are the 4 torx bolts on the inside of caliper for??maybe that is part of my answer. maybe they should come off...:hmm:

RADARB8
05-20-10, 03:14 AM
This post has been moved to CTS V meet at Greg's house in Ellicott City Md.:thumbsup:

Ssspeed
05-21-10, 03:38 PM
I live in rockville md I'm down for a v meet

RADARB8
05-21-10, 03:47 PM
I live in rockville md I'm down for a v meet

Great, I'll add u to the list under the new thread V meet at Gregs house:)

Ssspeed
05-21-10, 06:07 PM
Who is Greg and were does he live and what time