: what do you use to keep your black sts v looking good?

kenhock
05-05-10, 08:18 PM
i've been using a product that i wish i had run across back in 2005 when i had my black 05 cts-v. zaino. over the last 6 months it's taken some experimenting with the different products that they sell but my black sts-v that's driven every day looks great. those dreaded / hated swirl marks that show up so easily on black cars are now, for the most part, gone. don't get me wrong, the swirl marks will eventually reappear but they are easy to get rid of. the suite of products that i've settled on are: z-7 car wash, z-pc fusion dual action paint cleaner swirl remover, z-fx accelerator, z-6 ultra clean gloss enhancer spray and z-8 grand finale spray seal. zaino is only available online.

i'm sure there are other equally good products on the market so, those of you with black v's, what products are you using to keep your cars looking great and swirl mark free?

Bigdawg58
05-05-10, 08:31 PM
Glad to hear good results with Zaino I purchased the ultimate Zaino kit but have not used it yet. Just dropped my V at the stealership for warranty work so hopefully after I pick it up I can get the Black Raven looking her best with Zaino. I was using Maguires with great results but it will not bead very long down here in the Florida sunshine. I think I will have to order some of the Z-PC because I think that was not included in my package deal. Pics would be nice when you get er Zaino'd.

Bob Glenn
05-05-10, 09:15 PM
Glad to hear good results with Zaino I purchased the ultimate Zaino kit but have not used it yet. Just dropped my V at the stealership for warranty work so hopefully after I pick it up I can get the Black Raven looking her best with Zaino. I was using Maguires with great results but it will not bead very long down here in the Florida sunshine. I think I will have to order some of the Z-PC because I think that was not included in my package deal. Pics would be nice when you get er Zaino'd.

I saw in your profile you live in the Tampa Bay area. Have you been in Lutz lately? I saw a black STS V a few weeks back in the Publix parking lot.

Regards,

Bob

nlharter
05-05-10, 10:14 PM
I just stand by mine. Anything I stand by looks good. LOL. I have some Maquires Swirl X and NXT ready to try. I had some jack@#% key my car lightly. I used the SwirlX to remove it. It seemed to remove the swirls marks also. I hope to get it cleaned, deswirled, and waxed in the next week or so.

Bigdawg58
05-05-10, 10:38 PM
I saw in your profile you live in the Tampa Bay area. Have you been in Lutz lately? I saw a black STS V a few weeks back in the Publix parking lot.

Regards,

Bob

Naw Bob was not me as I had not purchased mine at that time.

Big_Caddy
05-05-10, 11:33 PM
I got this mexican guy, he keeps it nice and clean, I'll ask him what he's been using. Anyone speak spanish?

LITTLEELVISDAN
05-05-10, 11:50 PM
Poor boys system.

Clay bar, swirl removers, polishes, wax. Etc....

Reminds me I need to do a post winter/pollen workover soon.

cad08stsv
05-06-10, 01:29 AM
Big Daddy,
While we all love out cars and want the best for them I am sure we can dispencse with the ethnic comments. I don't mean to be to poinient but the reference to a "Mexican Guy" I and does anyone speak Spanish" makes a clear point as to your meanings. It could have been more apporpreitely put as, This excellent detailer, or This shop I use ........... Thank you for not using ethnic reference to a particular group of people just to make a point, I don't need to know his ethnicisty to understand he is good at his work. Please don't take offence to my comments. As I am not Mexican but we have enoght of this sort of think to go around. I am sure there are a wide verity of difference groups in this forum that would not like to take part in name calling and racial slears Most of us are fortunate to have the money to afford these cars while some are not privilaged to do so. I am Natie Amerioan, I worked hard all my life to attainthe monatary position I am in now. I can well afford my toys. Yet I am not above anyone. I am liveral and I believe in the second amenmant, and I am in Law Enforcement now, so I see my fair share of people who have problems and are having a hard time or are down right evil. Doesn't matter they all get the same treatment. That is what we are trained for.
Making reference to rice is about cars not the people.
Thanks again for your attention to this very important matter. I'm sure you are a nice man as is the man you use to detail your cars.
Russell

sikohsix
05-06-10, 04:22 AM
damn cad08stsv, sensitive, are'nt you? I would'nt have said anything, but yr in law enforcement? As in POLICE? In NewJersey? Where the cops pull over Black people just because? And you're sensitive? You can't be serious. I hope yr not the cop who pulled me over on Bloomfield Ave a couple days ago to ask me what was a NY guy doing in Jersey. Point is, I don't believe Big_Caddy meant anything when he referred to his detailers' ethnicity. God forgive me if I'm wrong and yr not a Jersey cop, but as far as I'm concerened, Jersey cops invented the whole "DrivingWhileBlack" thing. So says the Black guy w/ the CTS-V and the shiny Deville.

PGA2B
05-06-10, 08:39 AM
I am currently in the process of restoring mine to its rightful condition. When I bought it she looked fine but if you looked close you could see she needed some TLC. I am using all Meguiar's products. Here we go!

1. M105 with a Orange LC CCS pad with a Dewalt 849
2. M205 with a White LC CCS pad with the Dewalt 849 and then again with a PC 7424XP
3. M07 with a Black LC CCS pad with the PC 7424XP
4. M21 by hand application (24 hour cure time)
5. M26 with a Gold LC CCS pad and removed with a MF towel

I have the trunk and driver's rear quarter cut and polished and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Our clear coat has ceramic in it like the Corvette clear and it is hard as a MOFO!!!

cad08stsv
05-06-10, 09:19 AM
Thank you for your comments, they are certainly welcome. The question I would ask you if the man who detailed Bid Caddy car were Irish, would he or you have pointed it out that he was Irish and can anyone speak Galic? Thanks for your comments. This is America and you are welcome to
your opinion. By the way My duty station is Federal.
Russell

PGA2B
05-06-10, 09:27 AM
(Meanwhile back at the ranch) PGA2B Said: "I think we lost track.......:D"

cad08stsv
05-06-10, 09:33 AM
Good Morning PGA,
Yes you are right. Perhaps I should not have commented on Big Caddy reference.
Thank you for bring it up.
Russell

Bigdawg58
05-06-10, 11:31 AM
I am currently in the process of restoring mine to its rightful condition. When I bought it she looked fine but if you looked close you could see she needed some TLC. I am using all Meguiar's products. Here we go!

1. M105 with a Orange LC CCS pad with a Dewalt 849
2. M205 with a White LC CCS pad with the Dewalt 849 and then again with a PC 7424XP
3. M07 with a Black LC CCS pad with the PC 7424XP
4. M21 by hand application (24 hour cure time)
5. M26 with a Gold LC CCS pad and removed with a MF towel

I have the trunk and driver's rear quarter cut and polished and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Our clear coat has ceramic in it like the Corvette clear and it is hard as a MOFO!!!

Pics plz...

PGA2B
05-06-10, 11:45 AM
Pics plz...

Here is a before shot. Don't let the glossy appearance fool you. Once you get to looking closely you would see the scratches and swirls.
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3558/1841/33893420014_large.jpg
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/3558/1841/33893420011_large.jpg

I will get some shots of the "defects" tonight.

Big_Caddy
05-06-10, 03:56 PM
Big Daddy,
While we all love out cars and want the best for them I am sure we can dispencse with the ethnic comments. I don't mean to be to poinient but the reference to a "Mexican Guy" I and does anyone speak Spanish" makes a clear point as to your meanings. It could have been more apporpreitely put as, This excellent detailer, or This shop I use ........... Thank you for not using ethnic reference to a particular group of people just to make a point, I don't need to know his ethnicisty to understand he is good at his work. Please don't take offence to my comments. As I am not Mexican but we have enoght of this sort of think to go around. I am sure there are a wide verity of difference groups in this forum that would not like to take part in name calling and racial slears Most of us are fortunate to have the money to afford these cars while some are not privilaged to do so. I am Natie Amerioan, I worked hard all my life to attainthe monatary position I am in now. I can well afford my toys. Yet I am not above anyone. I am liveral and I believe in the second amenmant, and I am in Law Enforcement now, so I see my fair share of people who have problems and are having a hard time or are down right evil. Doesn't matter they all get the same treatment. That is what we are trained for.
Making reference to rice is about cars not the people.
Thanks again for your attention to this very important matter. I'm sure you are a nice man as is the man you use to detail your cars.
Russell

I asked him and he said he uses regular Meguiars Gold class car wash, and he shammys with a tortilla... :thepan:

SVT Gator
05-06-10, 04:15 PM
I asked him and he said he uses regular Meguiars Gold class car wash, and he shammys with a tortilla... :thepan:

Too funny, Big Caddy, too freakin' funny...!! :lol: Good job on maintaining your sense of humor in the face of some rather pointed criticism. This country needs more humor and MUCH less political correctness. We all need to stop taking things so seriously and have more FUN.

Just remember - we're here for a GOOD time, not a LONG time...!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cad08stsv
05-06-10, 06:51 PM
Why do they call it a paddy wagon?

cad08stsv
05-06-10, 07:51 PM
Gentelman :welcome:
Thanks for your input.
I think the Thunder Gray cars are the fast color. I think the STS V is a car of beauty and is a pleasure to drive. It has been so long since GM put out a car we can all call fast. Before that it was the Impala SS.
So if you have three women driving down the interstate, a blond driver, a brunett in the middle and an other blond in the passanger seat, What do you call the Brunett?????
An inturpator...
Why do they call it a Paddy wagon???
Because either Paddy is driving it or he going to pick up Paddy.
I wish you Gemtleman the best and hope your cars come out just the way you want them too.
It is always good to meet new people. Car Nuts or not.
Gentelman
We can agree that Cadillac STSV and the CTS V are really greart cars.
When we are on the track all is fair in both lanes until the green light. Than there is no political correctmess, it is who meats the dial in time or finish line first.
The idea of being able to own either a STS V or a CTS V is what make this country great. God bless the UNited States of America and all it citizens
Oh I wanted to ask you did the detailer use corn or flour tortillas??????
As to seriousness think 911 and Times Square That is serious business....this while our men and woman are in harms way as we chat about politicical correctness.
Oh and would you both Please support this forum. Freedom is not free.
Russell :yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

CIWS
05-07-10, 08:13 AM
. I have some Maquires Swirl X and NXT ready to try.

Essentially these. I've pretty much used the NXT wax since I've owned the car. She needs a good wax job again for sure.