: Im A Dad Now!

Ferny
05-05-10, 03:52 AM
Wusup guys, sitting here at the hospital and i thought i would let you guys know that my girl delivered a beautiful 7 pound, 19 inch baby today! man what a great feeling i tell ya. i feel like my whole word has changed! and for the better! i will post pics up when i get a chance, but now its time to get some shut eye while i can :thumbsup:

cheers!!!!

wcryan
05-05-10, 04:07 AM
Im glad the birth went well with no complications. Congradulations. Shuteye? Get used to having none of that. Haha

deedubb
05-05-10, 04:08 AM
WOW, congrats man!!!

txbest1980
05-05-10, 04:15 AM
congrats...

Zo6PwRd
05-05-10, 06:06 AM
Congrats, first dibs on the clear fogs and wheels.........have you test fitted the baby seat in the V lol, my vote is for the simpson racing one.

odla
05-05-10, 06:10 AM
awesome congrats man.

JD03Cobra
05-05-10, 08:20 AM
Congrats! I'm gonna light up my favorite cigar.

Twitch
05-05-10, 08:23 AM
:postpics:
Congrats

ewill3rd
05-05-10, 08:24 AM
Awesome! You didn't mention the gender of the baby....?
Greatest job you'll ever have!
:D

rand49er
05-05-10, 08:53 AM
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Got three big boys here plus a young one that'll be big someday. Wouldn't change a doggone thing! Love 'em!

Claimslngr
05-05-10, 09:37 AM
Congrats! I would second that no sleep comment. Just one word of advice, if you thought you were a busy man before, just wait!

Once again congrats! Now you know the feeling that a new father has that no one can explain until you are sitting there with your child!

:nanaparty:

liqidvenom
05-05-10, 10:28 AM
congrats.

Stepside
05-05-10, 10:37 AM
New 'mods' are in your future, Congrats.

cvettr/cts-v
05-05-10, 10:56 AM
Congrats! Glad all went well. Never too late to buy stock in a diaper company or start a college fund.

Andringa
05-05-10, 10:57 AM
Congratulations!! I became a father 7 weeks ago, and no matter what we tell you, there is no way to understand how much your life has just changed. My advice would be to take as much time off of work as you can and spend it at home.

whisler151
05-05-10, 11:02 AM
Congrats!

Ferny
05-05-10, 11:45 AM
Congrats, first dibs on the clear fogs and wheels.........have you test fitted the baby seat in the V lol, my vote is for the simpson racing one.

lol..no, were keeping the V...yea the seat is a tight fit. i do like the simpson racing seat. looks pretty cool.

now, about the sleep, lol, let me tell ya...he was soo quit and then 2am came around......lets just say i didnt get too much sleep:yawn:...but lookin at his lil face is all worth it to me. i will post pics later today, im on my dads labtop and im not doing to well with it...took me an hour to figure out how to use WIFI...lol

Thanks for all the kind words guys

The Tony Show
05-05-10, 11:47 AM
Congrats man- they change your life for the better. :thumbsup:

heavymetals
05-05-10, 12:24 PM
Congrats!

Having kids is the only known form of immortality.

onebadcad
05-05-10, 02:34 PM
Congrats, be sure to tell the number one son to save the diaper blowouts for the minivan, you do not want any accidents in the V!

JimmyH
05-05-10, 02:54 PM
Good for you. Should you keep the V for the next three years, your little girls will love it :D

Ferny
05-05-10, 05:07 PM
haha..im sure they will. man this is awesome..but damn i am tired..lol

V-Eight
05-05-10, 05:11 PM
Congrats man!

2manycars
05-05-10, 06:09 PM
Congratulations!!

Love the comments about not getting enough sleep for awhile, being busier than you ever were, and how no one could have really explained it on how you feel now that he is born into your life. Good stuff (brings back memories, 3 times here).

The good news... more keeps coming. Wait until you hear his first laugh, see the first smile, and hear "daddy" for the first time.

Welcome to life as a dad..... Dad :)

Ferny
05-05-10, 06:35 PM
aww man, my eyes got a lil watery there...i cant wait for all of that..thank you!

hope the picture shows up

Lee-AnnMarie
05-05-10, 07:51 PM
Oh so adorable!! Congrats :)

JimmyH
05-05-10, 09:03 PM
that is as precious as she is ever going to be, so enjoy it while it lasts :D

Ferny
05-05-10, 10:55 PM
thanks jimmy...but thats my son...lol

JimmyH
05-05-10, 11:02 PM
oops

in my defense, I saw girl in your first post, and somehow my brain registered daughter. sorry about that.

my girl delivered a beautiful 7 pound, 19 inch baby today!

besides, newborns are gender indeterminate until you change the diaper :D

JimmyH
05-05-10, 11:04 PM
oh, and just wait until the first time he looks into your face and smiles. there is something wrong with you if you don't start crying :)

Bluehaze07
05-05-10, 11:16 PM
:werd:

Congrats on the new baby boy!!:thumbsup::thumbsup: get sleep whan you can.

JDB
05-06-10, 12:00 AM
Congrats! I recently purchased my V because we have 2 kids. (4 year old daughter, 7 month old son) well, and because some woman pulled out in front of me in my heavily mod'ed Audi A4 1.8 Turbo Quattro and now it's totaled, bought it back from the ins co and parting it out, but, the V was on my list because of the additional rear seat room and trunk space AND still have the fun factor. I honestly couldn't find another car that could match my needs/wants any better...for sub $25k and CPO, low miles.

Once you get through that 2am feeding, and get him to sleep until 6-8am range, it gets a lot better. at some point, you'll just have to let him cry it out and not give him that feeding. probably 2-3 months range.

shadybx7
05-06-10, 12:44 AM
aww man, my eyes got a lil watery there...i cant wait for all of that..thank you!

congrats.. now get the dead hookers out he trunk mang.. your boy will get the wrong idea

j/k keep layin frame:cool2:

Baltimore07V
05-06-10, 04:14 AM
Grats on the kid. Best part of the V is you don't have to trade her in to have a family. Full fledged back seats for the win! :thumbsup:

As everyone else said, good luck with the sleeping though.

SS from the "Wood"
05-06-10, 01:32 PM
a future cadillacforum member... congrats dude! for some reason my 3yr old boy thinks that maybe one day he'll get dad's car to go "vrooommm!" he can dream for now, but i'm sure i'll buckle under the pressure!

thebigjimsho
05-06-10, 02:35 PM

Your wife/girlfriend must be absolutely smoking hot cause that little one is cuet!

j/k Congrats man!

sak_v
05-06-10, 02:49 PM
Congrats bro !!!

Ferny
05-06-10, 06:33 PM
no problem jimmy...your not the first that makes the mistake. lol

yes, bigjim, very smokin hott! lol. thank god he looks like his mommy.

thanks again everyone for the nice comments.

i was up from 1am to about 6am...damn, i was exhausted. but man, he is soo worth it. finally got some sleep after that till about 11. i feel so relieved now. we should be going home tomarrow morning, pending on mama's recovery

c4ss
05-06-10, 07:00 PM
Congrats :thumbsup:

JimmyH
05-06-10, 08:34 PM
no problem jimmy...your not the first that makes the mistake. lol

yes, bigjim, very smokin hott! lol. thank god he looks like his mommy.

thanks again everyone for the nice comments.

i was up from 1am to about 6am...damn, i was exhausted. but man, he is soo worth it. finally got some sleep after that till about 11. i feel so relieved now. we should be going home tomarrow morning, pending on mama's recovery

first one? you might curse the sleepless nights now, but you will long to go back to them once he becomes ambulatory.

yooper
05-06-10, 10:21 PM
Congrats, enjoy it all. They grow up too fast. Before you know it, your babies are having babies.:highfive:

ewill3rd
05-07-10, 08:35 AM
PS, Mother's day is coming up.
If you know what is good for you, you'll get out and do something massively special to make sure your wife never forgets!
The first Mother's day is the best one!

Congratulations again.

Ferny
05-07-10, 03:29 PM
good idea ewill3rd..dont wana be in the dog house..lol

ewill3rd
05-07-10, 09:18 PM
I have 2 boys man, gotta remember that mom on mom's day.
Not much is more important... :lol:

This year I am letting the kids do it all, make them show mom how much they love her, so far they are doing great!
5 or 6 days old is a little too soon to give them that burden though... :lol: