: Escalade 2008 bluetooth ?

paidge7
05-04-10, 11:48 PM
Hi,

i just saw a nice eacalade 2008 today premium i think with the electric foot steps and everything it was loaded and i think it doesnt have a bluetooth only the onstar system.

Is it possible to add one from GM to be connected with the radio and the screen ?

Does it have an ipod connection also ?

ALso my other question is what other option is nice for this truck that i should check if its in ?

And my last concern any issues i should check on the 08 models ?

Thanks a lot

roccos_van
05-05-10, 01:45 AM
Here you go buddy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-SIERRA-BLUETOOTH-ONSTAR-RECIEVER-20783877-VICM-/260596203781?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cacbe8105

PreachRR
05-05-10, 07:58 AM
just look up VCIM on this forum and you will see all you need to see regarding the Bluetooth install.. and .. holi canoli that is a high price for the VCIM that guy started selling them at 200..

101mph62
05-05-10, 02:05 PM
just look up VCIM on this forum and you will see all you need to see regarding the Bluetooth install.. and .. holi canoli that is a high price for the VCIM that guy started selling them at 200..

yeah i was thinking the same thing, glad i got mine when i did for 240 shipped:thumbsup:

Merc
05-05-10, 03:42 PM
How do you guys like the VCIM after you install it? That raises another question, where do you install it? Does it go under the dash or under the hood?

paidge7
05-05-10, 06:41 PM
so the VCIM will add the bluetooth option and will add the option to the screen of my nav system, i will import my contact, voice recognition and everything..... ?

101mph62
05-05-10, 07:34 PM
How do you guys like the VCIM after you install it? That raises another question, where do you install it? Does it go under the dash or under the hood?

behind the radio, and love it.

PreachRR
05-05-10, 09:09 PM

Its amazing.. I haven't been dissapointed with it once.. losing onstar was worth it.. and it right behind the radio and make sure you get the antenna.. GL

paidge7
05-05-10, 09:52 PM
ok but when you do this you cancel the onstar system ? i already ask something and you guys go on a different subject i am cinfused now ... :halo:

roccos_van
05-05-10, 10:28 PM
ok but when you do this you cancel the onstar system ? i already ask something and you guys go on a different subject i am cinfused now ... :halo:

yes.

itsrixter
05-06-10, 12:55 AM
You can go to the dealer and have the new VCIM reprogrammed and on star will work.

Big Windy Ext
05-06-10, 02:46 AM
None of us are able to get onstar , but its worth it . itsrixter , if you have had a onstar success story , please share .

hcvone
05-06-10, 06:52 AM
I have been helped by OnStar several times in the mountains were my cell phone had no signal but the truck phone did work, so it can happen. ;)

PreachRR
05-06-10, 11:13 AM

You will have some features displayed on your nav such as a dial screen incomming calls and but the numbers will appear in your DIC and to answer the phone and hang up you can use the steering wheel buttons.. it works as factory..

Big Windy Ext
05-06-10, 02:52 PM
I have been helped by OnStar several times in the mountains were my cell phone had no signal but the truck phone did work, so it can happen. ;)
Making sure the liquor store is open can be an Onstar emergency:alchi:in the mountains

hcvone
05-06-10, 03:01 PM
Making sure the liquor store is open can be an Onstar emergency:alchi:in the mountains

Your way off, we make the shine up here, always a batch brewing. :stirpot::alchi::eek:

PreachRR
05-06-10, 06:19 PM

ROFL!!!!:histeric:

roccos_van
05-06-10, 08:35 PM
You can go to the dealer and have the new VCIM reprogrammed and on star will work.

No one has been able to do that yet. If you have please share your info.

itsrixter
05-07-10, 01:23 AM
No one has been able to do that yet. If you have please share your info.

If you bought a used unit you maybe out of luck. I bought new unit (ordered it with an 08 GMC Sierra VIN # at the dealer). Dealer charged $120 to program it. Onstar sees it as a new unit- got 1 year free Onstar.

Big Windy Ext
05-07-10, 06:21 AM
Maybe you can provide a dealer name for the few that want Onstar . A few people had it if they had a used box , but none with a new one . 08 didn't have bluetooth , did they ? Funny the e-bay guy lists them for 08 GMCs too.

roccos_van
05-07-10, 06:13 PM
An '08 vin should not have worked as '08 do not have bluetooth. I don't think you are lying but it just does not add up. GM-Trucks.com has a 30+ page thread where people are spending hundreds of dollars trying to program the VCIM and no go.

itsrixter
05-08-10, 12:03 AM
Let me clarify. When you order a 20783877 VCIM from the dealer you need a vin and actual mileage for some reason. I gave them one from a 08 Sierra. It worked. I'm not saying it is a 2008 part.
I know people are having difficulty but also understand there are so many inconsistancies. For example, I had a nav unit replaced under warranty but the dealer could not get my second screen to show up in AUX mode (like it did previously), they had no idea what to do. I went to another dealer and they fixed it with the tech2 tool by recoding the head unit. So what one dealer could not do , another had no issue resolving it.
I bought my ESV used and my xm radio service is still on. I thought after I had my new nav unit replaced I would lose my "free" xm service but it seems they transfered the account to the nav. This dealership must know the details of programming these truck.
I'm in San Diego and there are only a few dealers here. I'm not going to name the dealership until I talk with my service advisor and find out if they was some special exception or an issue that will get them in trouble or undo my perfect setup. But I'll post as soon as I chat with him.

Big Windy Ext
05-08-10, 05:39 AM
I believe you also , it should work ! Put in an esn ,vin and voila !! But for some reason its a no go . I really don't intend on having Onstar so I don't care , but don't want to mislead anyone that getting Onstar will be no problem . If you do find out please advise so we can share the info if possible.

evil0ne
05-08-10, 11:31 AM
I bought my ESV used and my xm radio service is still on. I thought after I had my new nav unit replaced I would lose my "free" xm service but it seems they transfered the account to the nav. This dealership must know the details of programming these truck.

Nothing special went on there. The XM module is located behind the glovebox and has its own unique 8 digit radio ID. When XM disables that ID you get no more radio, it has nothing to do with your headunit.