: No brake lights? Radio cuts out?

brok3n
05-04-10, 01:31 PM
As the title states, I don't have my primary brake lights while driving the car. 3rd brake light works... And every once in a while the radio cuts out for a brief second while in operation.

I did notice that every once in a while the car will say "service electrical system" when I turn the car off.

Also, there is a 4 relay block in the bay, one which is labeled for DRL's and there is no relay in that socket.. Possibly the cause for no brake lights? I'm not really sure at this point.

Thanks,
-Mike

ELES6CTS
05-04-10, 08:10 PM
When your radio cuts out do you lose your programmed radio stations.

brok3n
05-04-10, 11:20 PM
When your radio cuts out do you lose your programmed radio stations.

No, it's just like a blip. More like the radio is skipping, kind of like a CD.

brok3n
05-07-10, 08:37 PM
Bump!

m1ke9
04-26-11, 11:38 PM
I am having the exact same problem:

I don't have my primary brake lights while driving the car. 3rd brake light works... And every once in a while the radio cuts out for a brief second while in operation.

I tried changing all of the brake light bulbs and nothing.

Anybody have any idea what to try next?

darkman
04-27-11, 09:33 AM
The common denominator between the stop lights and the radio appears to be Ground Number 402 (G402).

See attached.

mberisha
04-27-11, 10:24 AM
The common denominator between the stop lights and the radio appears to be Ground Number 402 (G402).

See attached.

Damn Darkman.....you never cease to amaze me....

odla
04-27-11, 10:35 AM
i think darkman should be paid to be here. lol. He is a GREAT asset here.

JimmyH
04-27-11, 07:32 PM
darkman ftw

m1ke9
05-09-11, 10:32 PM
I checked both grounds and everything appears to be normal... whats next??

darkman
05-09-11, 10:44 PM
I checked both grounds and everything appears to be normal... whats next??

Next would be checking the various connectors shown on the wiring diagrams. After that, you are down to tracing wires. Regarding the grounds - they cannot be eliminated based on appearance alone. The normal procedure is to remove them, clean/sand the surfaces and reinstall them. Adding star washer can also improve contact.

kzeliminator
05-10-11, 11:44 PM
Drivers side rear fuse box has a bpe,15 amp fuse, that I replaced when I had this problem

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

odla
03-01-12, 05:57 PM
Drivers side rear fuse box has a bpe,15 amp fuse, that I replaced when I had this problem

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Is this under the rear seat?
Im having this same problem now. Just the brake lights don't work.
Thanks for any help.

darkman
03-01-12, 08:32 PM
The brake lights (a.k.a. stop lights) are fused through the BAS relay. The fuse for the BAS is located in the rear underseat fuse block - driver's side and is labeled BAS (according to the owner's manual).

Fuse Block - Left Rear: In the passenger compartment, under the left side of the rear seat.

odla
03-02-12, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the post. I ended up finding the same info that you posted in a another thread. Just took longer to find is all.

I appreciate the help!