: Navigation replacement PHOTOS ADDED 5-12-10

vfjdesign
05-04-10, 10:37 AM
After 5 months I finally found someone that can put an aftermarket Nav system in my 08 Lade ext and make the screen the same place as factory. I will be having it done next week and will post pictures. I am going with the Pioneer avic-z110bt and a dvd/cd changer under it. (no kits full custom)

trashguy
05-04-10, 01:23 PM
Id like to see pics, I've had a pioneer nav in the past and its way
better than the gm nav. I haven't seen a dash kit that looked factory
yet. They all have the big pocket and stick out by that curve.

hcvone
05-04-10, 04:38 PM
Have several customers with big dollar systems in their trucks, you can not believe how many great things there are out there, 100k systems with tv's everywhere.

zx6racer
05-07-10, 09:16 AM
Hows This For A Dash Kit ??? YouTube- iPad in Car - Scosche iKit in a Subaru STi

Big Windy Ext
05-07-10, 06:07 PM
Toooooo bbbbbbbbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggggg

vfjdesign
05-12-10, 02:19 PM
After 5 months I finally found someone that can put an aftermarket Nav system in my 08 Lade ext and make the screen the same place as factory. I will be having it done next week and will post pictures. I am going with the Pioneer avic-z110bt and a dvd/cd changer under it. (no kits full custom)

HERE ARE THE PICS....AWESOME & I LOVE IT!! Incredible sound quality, onstar works bluetooth is flawless factory xm works (if wanted), ipod control on steering wheel and a 6 disc dvd/cd changer. Oh and I had the 2010 clock put in also, I like much more than original. PROPS to CarToyz Midlothian Va!

trashguy
05-12-10, 02:38 PM
Nice clean install, way nicer than the dash kits I've seen.

lousy_investor
05-12-10, 02:43 PM
HERE ARE THE PICS....AWESOME & I LOVE IT!! Incredible sound quality, onstar works bluetooth is flawless factory xm works (if wanted), ipod control on steering wheel and a 6 disc dvd/cd changer. Oh and I had the 2010 clock put in also, I like much more than original. PROPS to CarToyz Midlothian Va!

SWEET!!!! Nice looking system indeed.

hcvone
05-12-10, 03:13 PM
Nice job for sure, have seen the same unit in a few Escalade's this year with installs looking like yours. :)

vfjdesign
05-12-10, 05:18 PM
Thanks everyone!! Hey, there is the solution to wind noise...LOUDER stereo!:yup:

hcvone
05-12-10, 07:13 PM
Thanks everyone!! Hey, there is the solution to wind noise...LOUDER stereo!:yup:

Or buy a 2010, there is so little noise I drive around without the stereo on.

07maralade
05-12-10, 08:35 PM
Wow, that is NICE!...Way nicer than the kit where there is a storage slot on the top near the clock. Can I buy that black cover or was it custom?

vfjdesign
05-12-10, 11:12 PM
Wish I could buy a 2010! The dash was full custom, not a kit, I guess that is why it took me so long to find someone to do it.

Big Windy Ext
05-13-10, 09:10 AM
Very nice install . Funny the clock really isn't very readable new or old . I was in a 2010 the other day and it didn't inspire me to purchase a new one , same old , same old .

TheGooch
05-13-10, 10:17 PM
I love it!

I was waiting for these pics to see how it would come out. How much did they charge for the kit? I have a 2yr old Pioneer F90BT so i wont be needing the separate DVD, i hoping I can get someone to make a custom kit with a 7" screen above the unit, just for a space age look(and maybe a mac mini)...

that is sweet, dude, enjoy!!:2thumbs:

vfjdesign
05-17-10, 10:41 AM
I love it!

I was waiting for these pics to see how it would come out. How much did they charge for the kit? I have a 2yr old Pioneer F90BT so i wont be needing the separate DVD, i hoping I can get someone to make a custom kit with a 7" screen above the unit, just for a space age look(and maybe a mac mini)...

that is sweet, dude, enjoy!!:2thumbs:

Sorry I was out of town for the weekend...The install itself cost 1000.00 but that included the steering wheel controls, ipod integration and Bose/ on-star connectivity. I did buy the pieces from them so no idea if it would be more with out purchase...I put the dvd changer there just for looks to fill up space it is functional but not needed.

bignate3rd
05-23-10, 03:36 PM
Looks really good...

bstiffmanofsteel
09-27-10, 10:49 PM
I am gonna do a similar set up...

Doverpoint
09-29-10, 06:27 AM
Very nice! I wonder where they got the faceplate?

vfjdesign
09-29-10, 12:25 PM
Very nice! I wonder where they got the faceplate?

Fully custom made, I think they used MDF, they tried painting it but it smudged so they wrapped it in a textured leather looking vinyl. Very pleased with it.