: Hard down shifts, a lot lately

jwall09
05-03-10, 08:59 PM
It is very inconsistent and seems to happen in 1-2-3-4 gear. I replaced trans fluid less than 10k miles ago with amsoil. Worried the tranny could go out or something.

Big_Caddy
05-03-10, 11:39 PM
Have had the same symptoms recently, Hard downshifting...

LITTLEELVISDAN
05-04-10, 08:01 AM
3 things is could be.

1) Low Fluid will make these trans act up. even a little low. Top off the fluid.
2) take to a dealer to have a software upgrade flashed on to it.
3) Reset your ECM. unplug your battery for 15 minutes. These cars learn your patterns. mine gets finiky when I take the same road our of my driveway everyday. Down hill so I am off throttle for quite some time after srart up while rolling down the hill. after a few months it starts slamming into 2nd when I finally step on the gas. A reset fixes it.

jwall09
05-04-10, 11:45 PM
3 things is could be.

1) Low Fluid will make these trans act up. even a little low. Top off the fluid.
2) take to a dealer to have a software upgrade flashed on to it.
3) Reset your ECM. unplug your battery for 15 minutes. These cars learn your patterns. mine gets finiky when I take the same road our of my driveway everyday. Down hill so I am off throttle for quite some time after srart up while rolling down the hill. after a few months it starts slamming into 2nd when I finally step on the gas. A reset fixes it.

Will reloading a W4M tune work?

cad08stsv
05-05-10, 07:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone,
Jwall09, I was thinking the same thing. Further does any one eles have a custom W4M TCM tune, and if so, are you in stock or performance moad? Either reloading whatever tune that was current or returning to stock and then back to desired tune. It go's with out saying that the fluid is properly maintained along with any filters.. Dan also has a good idea about the unpluging the battery, which should help considerablely. I wonder Dan if you took another route, thus causing the trans to work at start up might be prudent. Almost all my other cars are 4 or 6 speed manuals so my experence is rather limited. I hope to learn from you folks. So thianks in advance for your information and feedback.Good work guys
Russell

LITTLEELVISDAN
05-05-10, 12:34 PM
I am now stock but do run the WAIT4ME tune. I noticed on the tune you have to reset the EMC more often.

You are right. Taking the uphill route sometimes keeps the problem away.

550HP STSV
05-12-10, 09:30 AM
Hi all,

My car has been shifting hard recently - and I want to reset all computers by pulling the battery. I've pulled the negative cable twice for 15 minutes each time, but the radio setting remain which makes me think the TCM wasnt reset.

Any suggestions?

cadillac94pimpin
05-12-10, 01:51 PM
I think the radio pre sets are tied into something else. Mine did not reset but my auto up needed to be reprogrammed. It also cleared my
Check Engine Light.

jwall09
05-20-10, 10:56 PM
I retuned the car and it seemed to help, but im still getting hard down shifts from time to time. How/where do i check the trans fluid level?