: STSs Arriving at Dealers Now

b4z
08-25-04, 04:53 PM
Just saw a post in edmunds by "bigdaddycoats" where he saw a STS parked in front of a dealer yesterday in Rochester, Michigan.
By the way 650 were built last week.

Chuck C
08-25-04, 05:09 PM
My dad went in for an oil change, and they had 10 brand new STS V6s (no V8s). He sat in one and said he liked it. Then they tried to sell him one...nuh-uh he told them...he's waiting for the V8!

STSgirl
08-25-04, 10:10 PM
I'm waiting for my AWD V8 and I am climbing the walls :annoyed:

BeelzeBob
08-26-04, 06:58 AM
I wonder who will be the first STS owner at CadillacOwners.com... We'll have to do something special for that person. :) A special title or something...

b4z
08-26-04, 03:31 PM
CadillacOwners.com?

STSgirl
08-26-04, 05:33 PM
I wonder who will be the first STS owner at CadillacOwners.com... We'll have to do something special for that person. :) A special title or something...

I know it won't be me, as my AWD V8 is on constraint until further notice :crying:

majax
08-26-04, 11:11 PM
I dont' know if they should get a special title cause i want a special title ;). How about they get one of those badge things like the mods and supporters have. Have it say First STS Owner.

rayainsw
08-27-04, 06:56 AM
"AWD V8 is on constraint "

Because AWD is on constraint? - or something else - color? QAF?
Thanks,
- Ray
Constrained - in so many ways . . .

miscreant
08-27-04, 08:50 AM
"AWD V8 is on constraint "

Because AWD is on constraint? - or something else - color? QAF?
Thanks,
- Ray
Constrained - in so many ways . . .
1SG is on constraint, and AWD is not available until Q4 2004, or Q1 2005.

msheri01
08-27-04, 09:44 AM
Just a few photos of recent arrivals. The Silver Smoke is having the front toe set. It goes home in a few hours.

b4z
08-27-04, 11:56 AM
That's what I'm talking about!

Are those V6s with the optional wheels?

STSOnly
08-27-04, 12:05 PM
CadillacOwners.com?

I just notice that cadillacforums.com was changed to cadillacowners.com sometime last week. However, I still access this site by punching in cadillacforums.com.

STSOnly
08-27-04, 12:12 PM

Hey Sal, what about the 1st person to drive one lol?
If no one else on the forum is able to drive one by Sept 11th, either me or Mikethegreeat will be the 1st person to drive one. Hopefully a RWD V8.

miscreant
08-27-04, 01:20 PM
and they had 10 brand new STS V6s (no V8s).

:hmm: Something sounds weird on that one. Did he actually see 10 units?

msheri01
08-27-04, 02:37 PM
That's what I'm talking about!

Are those V6s with the optional wheels?

Both cars are 1SC package V6 cars. Those are the optional wheels. Our base car has not arrived yet, and the V8's are still in transit status. Just thought you might like to see "real world" photos instead of professional lighted ones.

msheri01
08-27-04, 02:49 PM
Hey Sal, what about the 1st person to drive one lol?
If no one else on the forum is able to drive one by Sept 11th, either me or Mikethegreeat will be the 1st person to drive one. Hopefully a RWD V8.

I drove several of them yesterday at the STS launch event. We did an autocross comparison with the A6,E500,530i,and LS430. :)

megeebee
08-27-04, 02:51 PM
How does the paint on these new ones look to you? I ask because the finish on my CTS, especially on the lower vertical surfaces, is orange-peeled to the point of resembling dark blue gravy. I realize that they come off the same line, but I'm wondering if any improvements have been made.

STSOnly
08-27-04, 03:51 PM
I drove several of them yesterday at the STS launch event. We did an autocross comparison with the A6,E500,530i,and LS430. :)

Lucky you :) . You are now known as the 1st 2005 STS driver on the forum lol. What were the results against the LS430? Did the STS measure up in performance, comfort, and gadgets? LS430 is the only Lexus that I like.

BTW, I see in the 3rd pic that there is a 1995-1999 Aurora in front of that White Diamond Escalade. Do you know if it's for sale??? I'm in the market for one of those lol.

rayainsw
08-27-04, 04:18 PM
" drove several of them yesterday"

Impressions?
Please?
Thanks,
- Ray
Likely never to drive several . . .

msheri01
08-27-04, 05:18 PM
Impressions:

V6- very nice highway driving. Good tight handling. Nice features with nav, etc. Good headroom for the six foot plus crowd, even with the sunroof, no headroom complaints. Being 5'3" tall, leg and headroom have never been an issue.

V8-For the person who wants performance, this is the one to have. For off the line speed, rwd instead of awd. AWD has slightly better cornering control at speed. Excellent throttle response and braking. The only vehicle in the comparison that is honest competition for the V8 is the Benz. There was not a 545 there, but having driven one of those in the past, it is in this competitive class.

Audi- I could not believe how poorly it handled, interior strikes me as cheaper than a Toyota Camry or Honda Accord. Too much plow, not enough brakes, breaks loose too quickly.

Lexus-A very nice, powerful car. To me, it feels like driving your living room sofa. Very nice toys and gadgets, way too much body roll with very little road feel. Also, of all the cars, the interior of this car looked the most beat up. Wear marks on the leather, etc.

BMW-very nice car. This one being a 3.0 was not an exact comparison for the V8, but the stiffer ride that you expect, excellent handling, except in the slalom, it felt very floatly on hard turn changes. The 545 is a better comparison to the V8 STS.

This is a large car. It is very tight handling, excellent accelleration, the Stabilitrak, Magnetic Ride Control, and the Driver Shift Control make this a VERY enjoyable car to drive. The studio surround sound will please the audiophile. Again all in all, the only cars that are a truce competitor are the Benz and the BMW 5 series. All IMO

Enjoy the weekend!!

msheri01
08-30-04, 07:41 PM
Lucky you :) . You are now known as the 1st 2005 STS driver on the forum lol. What were the results against the LS430? Did the STS measure up in performance, comfort, and gadgets? LS430 is the only Lexus that I like.

BTW, I see in the 3rd pic that there is a 1995-1999 Aurora in front of that White Diamond Escalade. Do you know if it's for sale??? I'm in the market for one of those lol.

On the Aurora, it is the body shop manager's wife's car. Sorry

megeebee
08-31-04, 03:39 PM
One of the few drawbacks of living in the Pacific Northwest is that we're the LAST to get any new cars. It seems I'm the only person in the English-speaking world who has yet to actually see the STS !!

c5 rv
09-01-04, 07:31 PM
I stopped by Capitol Cadillac in Lansing yesterday to try to see a STS. The salesman said they received a pre-sold V6 on Friday and it was picked up on Saturday. Their order for a demo unit had been canceled for some reason, so they were waiting for more cars.

BTW, he also mentioned that starting next year, Deville production was moving from Hamtramck to the Lansing Grand River plant.

msheri01
09-02-04, 08:42 AM
So, that is why so many people have come in to test drive our red v6. :bouncy:

megeebee
09-02-04, 12:05 PM
I stopped by Capitol Cadillac in Lansing yesterday to try to see a STS. The salesman said they received a pre-sold V6 on Friday and it was picked up on Saturday. Their order for a demo unit had been canceled for some reason, so they were waiting for more cars.

BTW, he also mentioned that starting next year, Deville production was moving from Hamtramck to the Lansing Grand River plant.

The Deville built in Grand River? That seems unliklely. The Grand River plant, I thought, was built for the Sigma architecture only. I wouldn't think GM would make the investment of remodling the plant just to build one model for 2-3 more years. Perhaps your dealer meant that the replacement of the Deville would be built in Grand River? But that won't happen for a while.

golfkt
09-04-04, 04:27 PM
Sewell Village Cadillac (Dallas) received demos Thursday. I saw the V6 & V8. I drove them today. A month ago I ordered the 1SB upgraded pkg. Sandstone,etc. They got an acknowledgement from GM yesterday. I should be here 6-8 weeks. YEA!!!!!

Caddy Man
09-05-04, 11:37 PM
the fully loaded top of the line STS's look great...BUT ive seen a few lower end base models at the dealer, they really seem to tarnish the 'STS' name. When i thought of STS ive always thought of one of the nicer end cars (my mental image of the past generation), but the base models of the new STS, just look like overgrown CTS's to me.

CoupeDevilleRob
09-06-04, 12:56 PM
I stopped in Potamkin Cadillac in Manhattan the other day to see if they had any STS's in. The salesman said the only STS they had was a used '99 and they weren't expecting any new ones. How can one of the biggest Caddy dealers in the NYC metro area not be expecting any STS's? I got a feeling the guy didn't know what he was talking about, it's so rare to run into that a car dealership isn't it?

STSgirl
09-07-04, 10:35 PM
It seems I'm the only person in the English-speaking world who has yet to actually see the STS !!

NO--that would be me!!
My husband and middle-son came home from a soccer game earlier tonight and came upon a car hauler with 7 STS's on it! He called me on his cell and rubbed it in by saying how gorgeous they looked!
He actually slowed down his Escalade to follow it... and it went right on past the exit for our local dealership *growl* .

I swear, I will be THE last person on earth to ever see one! BUT hopefully, the FIRST to own an AWD V8!!

majax
09-07-04, 11:19 PM
NO--that would be me!!
My husband and middle-son came home from a soccer game earlier tonight and came upon a car hauler with 7 STS's on it! He called me on his cell and rubbed it in by saying how gorgeous they looked!
He actually slowed down his Escalade to follow it... and it went right on past the exit for our local dealership *growl* .

I swear, I will be THE last person on earth to ever see one! BUT hopefully, the FIRST to own an AWD V8!!

Go to whatever dealership they went to then :thumbsup:. I would be dieing if I were you! :helpless:

Slick V
09-07-04, 11:37 PM
I say the my first STS in person today at the dealership, it was blk/blk V6 with wood not aluminum. The dark wood looked really good with the black, however the doors had nothing on them. No wood, just a chrome door handle to open the door. Just looked like a bunch black peices together, I think that just alittle wood or anything to break up the blandness would be a huge for a upper class look. Other then the material of the dash and the door panels, It was alot nicer then I was expecting. The headlights looked alot better then in the pictures, grill didnt even look to bad with the black paint. I hope the fully loaded V8 models has some wood on the doors.

nbfc
09-09-04, 01:13 PM
Is there a way to track an order on a car to see if it shipped and if so where it is in transit?

megeebee
09-09-04, 04:49 PM
NO--that would be me!!

I spoke to my dealer today. She said they received one but that something wasn't quite right (!?), but that it should be ready to show by Saturday. Have you called any of your local dealers in the last few days?

msheri01
09-09-04, 06:14 PM
We have six of them now. One is a base model car, two silver V6 1sb packages, a black 1SB V6, a red 1SC V6, and the red V8 which is a presold order. Are there that many dealers with worse supply than us?

nbfc
09-09-04, 06:35 PM
Yes there are. Almost every dealer i called said they either dont have any or just one. I have mine coming in but the dealer says there is now way to find out when. Is there a way to check where it is in transit and for a delivery date? If so please let me know, you can email the info if need be. Thank you

megeebee
09-10-04, 11:54 AM
My dealer called late yesterday and invited me out to see and drive. Very impressive! It was a Light Platinum with light gray interior. A V6 with the luxury package. The aluminum trim in this car was gorgeous! I think I prefer it to wood. At least with the light gray interior. The top of the IP and upper door panel sections are black, and the contrast is very nice, complimenting the aluminum. The door panels look nicer IMO, than the monochromatic black, especially if the car has no wood trim on the armrest panel. I'm going back tomorrow to see a Blue Chip with cashmere interior unit that's due today.
The finish is superb, everywhere on the car. The panel gaps are tiny and the fit precise. Even the inner door jambs look smooth enough to eat off of. The feel and operation of the doors is first rate, and make the most satisfying little *thud* when closing. The rear seat is very comfortable, too. I've been in roomier rear compartments, but I've been in much smaller ones too. And I don't care what any of the press might say, the materials and finish inside are AT LEAST as good as any rival you care to name.
As for the drive, the V6 is a very lively powerplant. Remember, this V6 produces only a few less horses than the Northstar used in the 98-04 SLS. It's no slouch, as anyone with a CTS equipped with this engine can attest. I was struck with how quiet it was in the cabin.
They tried to send me home in it, but now that I'm maturing I've learned to wait for what I want. The first Moonstone/light gray unit with aluminum trim and a sunroof is mine!
To all members who have not yet seen one; you have a real treat in store.

STS 310
09-10-04, 05:17 PM
When I called Massey Cadillac in Downey to see if they had a demo I could test drive, the sales woman said, "we are expecting them any minute", but would you like to come in and test drive a CTS?" I said no, I was asking about the STS.

"But I can get you a screaming deal" on an 04 CTS", click............................

msheri01
09-10-04, 05:28 PM
Yes there are. Almost every dealer i called said they either dont have any or just one. I have mine coming in but the dealer says there is now way to find out when. Is there a way to check where it is in transit and for a delivery date? If so please let me know, you can email the info if need be. Thank you

Yes, post the order # or last 8 of the vin, and I will see what I can find.
can't pm or e-mail you, says you have requested not to be contacted.

nbfc
09-10-04, 06:08 PM
Yes, post the order # or last 8 of the vin, and I will see what I can find.
can't pm or e-mail you, says you have requested not to be contacted.
here is the 8 dig 50133016. Thanks for you help.

msheri01
09-10-04, 06:38 PM
The vehicle shows that it was shipped and received at an intermediate shipping point on the 8th. Since you are in New York, it may take several more days, especially with the rain from the hurricane that went through in the last few days. It is built, silver/black with lots of toys :thumbsup:

nbfc
09-10-04, 06:57 PM
Yes thank you very much for the help.