: 60k miles, what should I service?

perfect
05-03-10, 10:58 AM
I just hit 60k miles on my 05V. Maybe I have just gotten used to the power, but it feels really sluggish compared to when I first got the car.

Is there a recommended service list for 60k miles? I've had the car since 35k (almost exactly 2 years ago) and have never had any engine service work done.

I plan on replacing my motor mounts (again) and am getting the oil changed this week. Just wondering if I should direct them to do anything else.

Spark plugs? Timing belt/chain? Filters? etc..

Thanks!

AG'S-V
05-03-10, 11:31 AM
If you haven't already I would:

- Change plugs/wires
- Fuel filter
- Air filter
- Check coolant
- Change tranny fluid
- Change rear end fluid
- Change brake/clutch fluid
- Change power steering fluid

Did I miss anything? I've got 51k and recently did all that before a track day...was an expensive and busy weekend.

Vet+BB=V
05-03-10, 04:13 PM
I did all of that except the plugs/wires, and fuel filter when I bought my v at 42k! I agree abd will be changing the plugs and wires at 50k! Even if not due it's good to know that all your fluids are fresh and clean!

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-03-10, 05:45 PM
There is actually a maintenance schedule in your owners manual. It is in section 6 page 6. For 75,000 miles it says to get your fuel system checked, your exhaust system and get your air filters replaced. I hope that helps you.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

robertb
05-04-10, 08:12 AM
As mentioned above, there are very few things that are recommended in the maintenance schedule. I completely agree with changing fluids regularly. However, why would you change the plugs and wires at 60k miles?

Robert

perfect
05-04-10, 09:28 AM
why would you change the plugs and wires at 60k miles?

That is a good question!?

Some people have been recommending it but others say it is not necessary.

Does anyone have any input on whether I should consider changing my plugs and wires so early?

Thanks for the suggestions!

AG'S-V
05-04-10, 10:58 AM
Because you can? :)

Thought it might help my rough idle...didn't...it's just the chitty stock clutch.