: Anybody know how to remove fuel filler neck?

benelliwang
05-02-10, 03:16 PM
Went to fill her up and notice water under the check. Looking down and saw this:
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2327/dsc00985m.jpg

It wasn't water, but gas!:banghead:

The tank looks good and it stopped leaking after a while. So I am guessing it is the fuel filler neck. Anybody know how to get to it without dropping the rear subframe and the fuel tank?

darkman
05-02-10, 03:50 PM
See attachment for related pics.

benelliwang
05-02-10, 08:46 PM
It wasn't the fuel filler neck, the leak seems to be from the fuel pump area. Has any body tried to cut an access door from the passenger compartment before? If so anybody know where to cut?

TIY

CTSV_510
05-30-10, 05:41 PM
What happened? I just found the same leak today when I got home from the gas station after filling up.

darkman
05-30-10, 07:18 PM
Attached.

CTSV_510
05-30-10, 07:26 PM
Thanks darkman. I actually have a service manual and looked at all that already. The leak isn't coming from the fuel filler, it's definitely coming from one of the lines that goes into the top of the tank.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to get there other than dropping the fuel tank (~$900 in labor).

I'm letting it drain right now down to a level where it hopefully stops leaking and hopefully buys me some time.

darkman
05-30-10, 07:32 PM
Thanks darkman. I actually have a service manual and looked at all that already. The leak isn't coming from the fuel filler, it's definitely coming from one of the lines that goes into the top of the tank.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to get there other than dropping the fuel tank (~$900 in labor).

I'm letting it drain right now down to a level where it hopefully stops leaking and hopefully buys me some time.

Check the posts for the author of this thread. I think he figured out where to cut and discussed it in another thread after this one.

CTSV_510
05-30-10, 08:10 PM
Check the posts for the author of this thread. I think he figured out where to cut and discussed it in another thread after this one.

I did, no dice. I sent him a PM that he responded to but now I'm waiting for a response in regards to how/where to cut an access hole to get to the top of the fuel tank. He said that the problem was a loose locking ring on the top of the tank, looks like the one that hold the fuel pump assembly.

I'll cut a hole in a second if I means I don't have to pay to have the tank lowered.

ashanson
06-08-10, 01:21 AM
Here is where my trap door is cut. Careful not to cut the tank as it's very close to the metal there.
http://www.dsmstyle.com/photopost/data/622/DSC02050.JPG