05-02-10, 01:05 AM
to change the hi-beam lamps?

Say it aint so!

Jon
05-02-10, 01:07 AM
It's true

HeavyH20
05-02-10, 01:10 AM
It is a pain, but its the only way to get at the bulb. Pull the bumper, then pull the headlight off. The corner marker is the only one you can wriggle into without doing the full bumper pull.

But, have heart, it is relatively simple. I got a nice 4 inch vertical dent right by my turn signal. I took it in to get the dent removed, and he said he could probably do it without having to disassemble the front. I told him that if he did, let me do it, it only takes ten minutes. And, of course, it needed to be pulled so he could get the backside of the dent so there I was, pulling off the bumper at the dent shop. I was wrong about the 10 minutes, however, it took eight :)

You can do it, just leave yourself an hour to pull, change and put back.

Jon
05-02-10, 01:19 AM
Here's my writeup on removing the bumper to access the headlight http://www.jon04ctsv.com/bumper_removal

ELES6CTS
05-02-10, 01:47 AM
I just took the bumper off this week to take the grills off. It honestly was not that hard, just a pain trying to remember where all the those little plastic clips went in. The only thing I did different from Jon is that I took all the ones off from the top first. Then I jacked the car up on one side and removed the 6 clips in the wheel well and went ahead and took the 3 nuts off that hold the bumper to the fender. Then I repeated the process on the other side so I wasn't goint back and forth. Then just took the clips out from below with the plastic splash shield still attached to the bumper. Good write-up though Jon.

sts4ga
05-02-10, 01:50 AM
Thanks guys! I had a front turn-signal bulb go out so I put silver stars in the fogs while I was there. I also put LEDs in the "triangles" and got some silver stars for the high beams.

I don't think I'm going to install the SSs. They are bright but I've had them go out on me after a few months.

The LEDs are a little too blue for me but better than the stock lamps.

ELES6CTS
05-02-10, 02:00 AM
This maybe a little off-topic but maybe someone can chime in. I remember reading a thread a while back about a member who sells smoked side markers for us. Anyone know who this is?

Thanks,
Shawn

deedubb
05-02-10, 10:20 AM
Do everything you can do in there while its off....IE fog clearing/tinting or grille powder coating even clear bra. That's my plan anyway.

uwood
05-02-10, 10:55 AM
This maybe a little off-topic but maybe someone can chime in. I remember reading a thread a while back about a member who sells smoked side markers for us. Anyone know who this is?

Thanks,
Shawn

I bought mine off of Ebay for cheap.

ELES6CTS
05-03-10, 01:53 AM
I bought mine off of Ebay for cheap.

That will probably be what I end up doing.