: Few questions about '08 STS-V

tmartin63
05-01-10, 10:02 AM
I'm looking to buy an '08 STS-V, but I have a few questions for you guys:

1. Does it have a back-up camera? If not, has anyone done the mod?
2. I've read that the traction control cannot be fully defeated. How intrusive is it when it's switched "on" and "off"?
3. Can an iPod or Zune be connected to the sound system? If not can it be modified?

I'm test driving one this week and might have a few more questions after that. Appreciate your help!

ozmt
05-01-10, 01:13 PM
my 08 does not have a backup camera, just the 3 backup sensor lights. I have read that people have installed a camera, but for me that cost is not worth the benefit.
My 08 also has an input in the center console for video and audio, so you should be able to connect an outside source to that.
You have at least 3 options for the traction control. The full nanny, competition mode(which leaves the stabilitrack on, and fully off. Tires are so expensive that I don't use the fully off position very often.
Hope this helps.

I love my 08, but it is causing some friction within my household. I'm afraid that it may be on the market soon.

jedhead
05-04-10, 01:11 AM
Traction Control is never fully off unless you disconnect the rear wheel sensors. I had to disconnect the rear wheel sensors when running the car on a chassis dyno.

Bob

ozmt
05-06-10, 11:40 PM
Thanks, you're right. It's never fully off. Even if that's what the manual says. I tried it today. It was an interesting experiment anyway. Mom's taking their kids off of the sidewalks, old guys and old ladies giving me that evil eye. It was almost as fun to see the dirty looks as it was to try the three settings.

Berger 93
05-07-10, 10:34 AM
No need for a back up camera . . . IMHO . . .

Traction crontrol fully off? . . . What for? . . . Smokey burnouts? . . . .

I-Pod . . . Connectors in the console. I-Pod would not be controlable through the system.

ozmt
05-08-10, 01:34 AM
yep, smoky burnouts american style

Cataract
05-08-10, 12:46 PM
:usflag: