: WTB: CTS-V (black on black)

Mystical_Ice
04-30-10, 06:17 PM
Looking for a black 2005, 2006, or 2007 CTS-V. The only requirements i have:

-- Priced under $20,000
-- Under warranty (extended/GMPP is fine)
-- Less than 74,000 miles
-- Black exterior, black leather interior
-- Sunroof
-- Good condition (no big scratches, etc.) - good paint.
-- Mods don't matter - whether it has them or not.

Is that asking too much? :/ Anywhere in the southern part of the US is fine.

Driven2slow
05-01-10, 12:25 AM
I personally never saw a V under $20k with warranty, im sure there are but you would have too look everywhere.

c4ss
05-01-10, 08:30 AM
:yeah:

Maybe on 04

Baltimore07V
05-01-10, 10:04 AM

-- Priced under $20,000
-- Sunroof

Under 20k will get you an '04, probably over 75k miles, no warranty. Everything else is possible. You have a rareness factor working against you, as a total of about 10-11k V's were sold between '04-'07 in the US, and several have been totaled. That and over the last year the V's have held their value.

Good luck with your hunt.

c4ss
05-01-10, 10:12 AM
And by "held their value" you mean they've stopped their deppreciation skid, right?

Baltimore07V
05-01-10, 10:17 AM
And by "held their value" you mean they've stopped their deppreciation skid, right?

Yes.

JDB
05-01-10, 06:40 PM
I recently (3/20/10) purchased my '05 with 24k miles that is CPO 6/100k and it was not under $20k, completely stock (I added the Corsa and CAI). I'm sure its low miles made it a little more $, but I only found 3 Vs with warranties and none were under $20k...mostly low $20Ks and not going to talk them down since it's a rare car. I didn't have time to wait around to keep looking since my Audi A4 was totaled (thanks to some woman pulling out in front me), but I also wasn't stuck on buying a V either, not this one either. I liked a silver one better since it had the Corsa already, HRE wheels, CF bits and in&out was like new, but it didn't have a warranty and they were still in the mid $20ks because of the low miles (31k) and the mods, and at a dealer. I'm sure if you keep looking, you can find an '04 (maybe '05) with a warranty, but it'll probably have 50-75K+ miles at least and not leaving much of the warranty...making it not much value other than the peace of mind that you can get anything you find fixed right away.... so, probably an '04 that may run out of warranty soon. If you limit yourself, you're going to need to drive (maybe even fly) to get it. It's not a Honda Accord.

Driven2slow
05-01-10, 07:34 PM
I wanna buy a house, ill sell you mine:

2006 CTS-V
75,000miles
No warranty
Black on Black
Sunroof
Corsa exhaust and GM accessory wheels.

Price? $23,500?

whisler151
05-01-10, 07:38 PM

-- Priced under $20,000
-- Sunroof

C'mon man! You've been around long enough to know you cant get a good LS2 for close to $20k. Maybe $25k you can get a high mileage '06.

By the way, what's wrong with your V?

JDB
05-01-10, 09:04 PM
I wanna buy a house, ill sell you mine:

2006 CTS-V
75,000miles
No warranty
Black on Black
Sunroof
Corsa exhaust and GM accessory wheels.

Price? $23,500?

where can I find that front plate? unfortunately, I bought my V used out of state and we don't need front plates in PA. but, the bracket appears to be held on with rivets = drilling and holes, plugs :mad: so, in the meantime of maybe having the front cover re-sprayed, holes filled in (and add paint protection), and nice plate would look better than the blank.

steveomatic
05-01-10, 09:09 PM
I somewhat recently picked up my 06 with 34k miles for just over 25k, no mods and in very good condition. Took a few months of searching online and a couple test drives (of some lower priced but beat-to-hell Vs) I found the one. Don't give up hope but be prepared to spend a bit more...

Driven2slow
05-01-10, 10:17 PM
where can I find that front plate? unfortunately, I bought my V used out of state and we don't need front plates in PA. but, the bracket appears to be held on with rivets = drilling and holes, plugs :mad: so, in the meantime of maybe having the front cover re-sprayed, holes filled in (and add paint protection), and nice plate would look better than the blank.

Theres a flea market near me and one of the vendors makes decals, stickers, plastic license plate. Im sure any decal person can make one.

JDB
05-02-10, 04:41 PM
Theres a flea market near me and one of the vendors makes decals, stickers, plastic license plate. Im sure any decal person can make one.

Gotcha... I wasn't sure if was some dealer accessory or something a vendor sold. looks nice, and not chrome.

raypriest
05-02-10, 09:23 PM
mine is on ebay. it's not black on black, doesn't have less than 74k miles. it only has exhaust (magnaflow). but is less than 20k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110527755304&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

Mystical_Ice
05-02-10, 09:33 PM
C'mon man! You've been around long enough to know you cant get a good LS2 for close to $20k. Maybe $25k you can get a high mileage '06.

By the way, what's wrong with your V?

It's true man, i've been around long enough - in 1 month it will be 3 years - i can't believe how fast time's gone. but at the same time, i've seen people pick up 04 and 05s for $14,000 on occasion over the last few months, so didn't know if $19,000 would be possible. At the same time, i remember when i found my car, there was an 06 with around 50,000 miles up in NYC selling for $32,000 - so i'm sure 3 years later it's possible to find them.

I have my V still, but know someone who's looking to buy one, so i was just looking for him ;) Brandon - let me know the next time you have a meet in Dallas. Preferably a few weeks before. I'll try to get a couple of the Vs over here to drive up the day before so we can spend the whole day hanging out.

Reason i want the car to have the warranty still, and under 75,000 miles, is those are the only two requirements to purchase a GMPP (extended warranty through GM for those of you that don't know what a GMPP is...). I'd be more than willing to pay $1200 once i get the car, for an extra 3yr/50k mile $100 deductible warranty, and i'm sure the new buyer would be too ;)

just trying to add members to the V bretheren ;)

JDB
05-02-10, 10:51 PM
It's true man, i've been around long enough - in 1 month it will be 3 years - i can't believe how fast time's gone. but at the same time, i've seen people pick up 04 and 05s for $14,000 on occasion over the last few months, so didn't know if $19,000 would be possible. At the same time, i remember when i found my car, there was an 06 with around 50,000 miles up in NYC selling for $32,000 - so i'm sure 3 years later it's possible to find them.

I have my V still, but know someone who's looking to buy one, so i was just looking for him ;) Brandon - let me know the next time you have a meet in Dallas. Preferably a few weeks before. I'll try to get a couple of the Vs over here to drive up the day before so we can spend the whole day hanging out.

Reason i want the car to have the warranty still, and under 75,000 miles, is those are the only two requirements to purchase a GMPP (extended warranty through GM for those of you that don't know what a GMPP is...). I'd be more than willing to pay $1200 once i get the car, for an extra 3yr/50k mile $100 deductible warranty, and i'm sure the new buyer would be too ;)

just trying to add members to the V bretheren ;)

can it be added to CPO car?

also, one of the Vs that I was looking at had a 3/36, $50 ded type warranty from GM.

so, are there different options?

for $1200 (is that current pricing?), I'd add 3/50 to mine when the CPO is up.

smashn808
05-02-10, 11:00 PM
Mine meets all your requirements except the color. It even has a GMPP already too.

Stealth Gray on black
Corsa, K&N, Shifter, springs

I haven't officially put it up for sale yet.

Mystical_Ice
05-03-10, 03:37 AM
can it be added to CPO car?

also, one of the Vs that I was looking at had a 3/36, $50 ded type warranty from GM.

so, are there different options?

for $1200 (is that current pricing?), I'd add 3/50 to mine when the CPO is up.

Yes to my knowledge (and i've had many conversations with GMPP reps over the years) it can be added to any car that's under an existing warranty, but with less than 75,000 miles on it. you can even purchase another GMPP if your current GMPP is going to end.

There are several options - first, there's the option of which type of GMPP you want to purchase - the highest being "Major Guard" which covers basically everything the factory warranty covers, minus things like cosmetic issues. On any warranty level you purchase (major guard included) you also pick what you want the deductible to be, from $0 deductible all the way through several hundred $. That's what determines your pricing. For example, getting major guard on a vehicle may be $2500 if you choose a $0 deductible. Or the exact same warranty may only be $1400 if you choose, for instance, a $200 deductible. Honestly, if you're getting GMPP for a higher-mileage car, i'd say go with the highest deductible you can... chances are when you bring it into the dealership it's not going to be for a window switch that's not working, it's going to be for something major, like engine or differential, and in that case paying $200 and $1400 is better than $2500, if that makes sense. Also remember you can make a laundry list of items you need warranty work done on, and then only bring the car in when a major problem occurs, pay the deductible one time, and they do all the work, on all warranty items :)

there's no such thing as 'current pricing' per-se, as it varies by vehicle and by GMPP reseller. i paid $1300 to have my 2005 CTS-V warrantied about 2 years ago, for 50,000 miles or 2 years. What i would have done, is when i got to 74,000 miles, called and paid another $xxxx or so and extended it another 50,000 miles, but by the time my GMPP was getting close to expiring i had 85,000 miles, so i couldn't extend it as I was over the mileage limit :/

and smashsn808 - yes! please message me details, location, any problems, pictures, etc. this guy's wanting to buy ASAP.

CadiBlk
05-03-10, 12:59 PM
I tried to spread the V love to a co-worker that asked me for some car buying advice. He was looking to get into an older 545 or newish 3 series or C class. He wanted fast and 4 door. I told him to get a V (he knows have i have one and thus knows that i am the smarted "car" guy in the office). He said the V had too much power...

I told him we can no longer be friends.