: D3 Lowering Spring Install

nradcad
04-30-10, 10:37 AM
I got my D3 springs a while back but I haven't put them in yet. First, I can't seem to find any good DIYs and second, there isn't a shop within 45mins of my house that does it. Dealer said, Hell no. In fact, my dealer Ron Carter, said they wouldn't install ANY aftermarket parts at all, so I don't know how you guys you kit pulley upgrades and have your dealers install them. I guess there is a lot of variance in what dealers do.

Well getting back to springs - Does anyone in the Houston area (specifically ClearLake) know of any good tuning/aftermarket install shops?

I had asked D3 to include some info on how to install the springs but I didn't find any information with the springs when they arrived.

wfo
04-30-10, 05:33 PM
I've had these springs installed on my 09 V in Lewisville (just north of you) at Quality Motorsports.

For your area you might check with Hennessey Performance. I would think there should be quite a few perfomance shops in a huge town like Houston who can do this. It's a pretty straight forward and easy install for a "good" performance shop. Otherwise drive up to the Dallas area and you have 4 great shops.

PM if you need those names.

nradcad
04-30-10, 07:45 PM
Ok. Looks like I'm gonna go with Gforce on Pearland for the spring install. How hard is this to do by yourself. Honestly, I'd like to do it, but I'm afraid of screwing something up. Gforce is about 20 mins from me.

However, I'm happy to say, I've found England Green to do my performance upgrades.

cbloveday
05-01-10, 02:39 PM
Please post some pics when completed. Hope all goes well with the install.

nradcad
05-01-10, 03:24 PM
Will do...I'll do some before and after.

nradcad
05-01-10, 04:41 PM
Has anyone done this themselves and was it hard?

MReiland
05-01-10, 06:14 PM
C'mon Nic you work at NASA, Get Adam and Josh to make a ProE model and it should be easy:alchi:

wfo
05-01-10, 06:19 PM
Glad we could be of help.

nradcad
05-01-10, 10:04 PM
C'mon Nic you work at NASA, Get Adam and Josh to make a ProE model and it should be easy:alchi:

tried that....my suspension had 'wake up' issues.

nradcad
05-04-10, 09:03 PM
Got the car back from England Green today with the D3 springs installed. I freaking love them. I love the way the suspension feels now. It's perfect. I took these pics in terrible lighting, with a crappy camera and to top it off, I'm a terrible photographer. So there ya go. I'll try to post some more later that shows the job a little better. I was happy to see the car maintained a little rake. I was scared it was gonna have the classic droopy a$$ that I've seen sometimes, but everything came out great. Here are some pics:

nradcad
05-04-10, 09:09 PM
Again, not a good camera dude. But here they are.

cbloveday
05-04-10, 09:11 PM
where?

nradcad
05-04-10, 09:14 PM
there.

In the lengthwise photo, my driveway has an incline, so it might give a slightly weird perspective.

cbloveday
05-04-10, 09:20 PM
Looks good. Man, I am wrestiling with this mod. Thanks for the pics

nradcad
05-04-10, 09:33 PM
Looks good. Man, I am wrestiling with this mod. Thanks for the pics

what are you wrestling with?

I can tell you that I love the stiffness now. The car feels so planted. I always thought the stock springs were a little too soft. Honestly, it's like I'm driving in sport mode all the time and then when I hit the sport mode button, it goes to a new level of awesomeness...

cbloveday
05-04-10, 09:46 PM
I live in Chicago and drive the V daily. While I am not worried about header rub, I am worried about snow & ice accumulating under the rear fender well.

nradcad
05-04-10, 10:06 PM
Ya, can't help you there. Houston is about as different from Chi-town as you can get.

IBNR
05-05-10, 03:35 AM
Those pics look awesome! My E500 is lowered (by a prior owner) and I have frankly mixed feelings about it. Hadn't planned on lowering the V, for either performance or looks, but between you and the report from the new M5 guy in New York I'm really starting to reconsider!

MReiland
05-05-10, 06:41 AM
Looks Hot Nic:highfive:

KJUN@EnglandGreen
05-05-10, 02:34 PM
Looks great Nic! See you soon for the go fast stuff.:lildevil:

Jason

GetzCTS
05-14-10, 09:29 PM
Quick ?

I just had my D3 springs installed on my 08 regular CTS. They are the ones available for the V. You think the drop will be the same? I'm out of town and just got pics of my car, so I'm pretty excited to get back this weekend to see the results.

I'm looking to purchase the V wheels as well and getting them painted gunmetal.

O and your car looks amazing...

Pic of my caddy
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s354/GETZCTS/photo-2-1.jpg

GMX322V S/C
05-14-10, 09:52 PM
The V is significantly heavier than the regular CTS. Why didn't you use the ones for the regular CTS that D3 offers? Or the Eibachs?

haterinc
05-14-10, 10:20 PM
I still wish the rear was up a .5-1" or the front was lower by .5" because the rake just doesn't seem to be there. The contour going up the hood to the trunk is bcuz its so aggressive, but the gaps just always look off to me?

GetzCTS
05-15-10, 07:13 PM
The V is significantly heavier than the regular CTS. Why didn't you use the ones for the regular CTS that D3 offers? Or the Eibachs?

Eibach drop is less then an inch. D3 told me the V ones are more of a drop and work on the regular CTS...

I had eibach before on my last blk CTS and the drop was pointless...

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s354/GETZCTS/IMG_0681.jpg

GetzCTS
05-15-10, 07:15 PM
I still wish the rear was up a .5-1" or the front was lower by .5" because the rake just doesn't seem to be there. The contour going up the hood to the trunk is bcuz its so aggressive, but the gaps just always look off to me?

Yeah i hear yah... Coilovers are the best. I may end up going with some KW's later down the road if I'm not happy.

H&R should make there spring kit they have listed but it's not available...