: GM is buying me (half of) a new transmission

Gucci05V
04-30-10, 03:57 AM
I have had an issue with a vibration in my 05 V (26k ODO), 70+ MPH in 6th gear only. There are several threads out there about this issue and a TSB that prescribe a new transmission as the 'approved' fix. The dealer's lead tech agreed and quoted me $3850 for the new trans...OUCH.

I am the third owner of this V and it is no longer under warranty, so I wasn't sure what, if any help GM would be. To my surprise, GM has agreed to split a new trans with me 50/50. It took about 3 weeks to get to this solution, with the Cadillac Tech Advisory Group initially insisting that the trans could be fixed vice replaced. The dealer did not want to tear down the trans to troubleshoot a fix (on my dime) when there is an approved fix out there. I pushed the same point through Cadillac Customer Care as well. Finally we came to the 50/50 solution.

Just wanted to pass my experience on for any with similar issues. Now if I could just get the dealer I bought it from (different than the servicing dealer) to make good on their 100% parts/labor powertrain warranty to cover the remainder, I'd be fine. (Dealer doesn't want to pay anything as he says his warranty excludes any issue with a TSB out on it...ridiculous!)

ELES6CTS
04-30-10, 04:21 AM
Wow! Out of warranty and they offered to pay half, that's some good negotiating or incredible customer serviceo Sounds like you got a pretty good deal out of this.

POS VETT
04-30-10, 03:03 PM
Cadillac isn't that friendly with me. I shot them an email about the issues on my '05 and I didn't even get a reply as much as rejecting it ...

Stepside
04-30-10, 08:37 PM
WOW!! . . . 50/50? . . . My brother could have used your Negotiating Powers in his divorce settlements . . . yes, plural . . :bonkers::helpless::histeric:

Gucci05V
04-30-10, 11:30 PM
Cadillac isn't that friendly with me. I shot them an email about the issues on my '05 and I didn't even get a reply as much as rejecting it ...

I was as surprised as you. Not sure what this means for others...I just started with a call to Cadillac Customer Care (1-800-458-8006). Having the information from the TSB seemed to help, plus my dealer pushed for GM to do the right thing since the car only has about 26k on the ODO. Hopefully this info will help others who have similar issues.