: Idle and Electrical Power issues

ELES6CTS
04-30-10, 01:54 AM
So approximately 3 weeks ago myself and a buddy of mine did a clutch fluid bleed on the V, 2005 with LS6. After I started it back up I was making sure the car ran fine and didn't pay much attention to it, but my presets in the NAV lost all their stored names, (The ones that it locks in instead of the channel preset when you change the channel) <- Not sure what those are called.

Well today I took my front bumper off to do a slight modification to the grills. After the install I noticed that the NAV had done the same thing. I never unhooked the battery or anything during either of these times. The other thing that I noticed is that now my car will idle a little goofy. When I come to a red light the car's idle dies down to around 500 and I feel like the car is going to die. The car seems to be driving fine, but I'm wondering what is going on.

The only mods I have is a 3.5 intake. If the NAV loses power would it not lose the presets entirely and not just those the names and sometimes the present station frequency. Do you think the car lost power and now the computer is trying to relearn the intake? I never noticed this when I did the intake to begin with, but I may have missed it. I have no run codes yet, but I am not getting a CEL or anything.

Thanks,
Shawn

darkman
04-30-10, 07:05 AM
It sounds like loose connectors or grounds. Given your particular symptoms, I would start by pulling the ECM and making sure the connectors are clean, dry, and tight.

heavymetals
04-30-10, 01:37 PM
Sounds like you lost the LTFT (long term fuel trims) and the PCM is recalibrating.

Check the battery as it may be on its' way out.

You probably have a bad ground which is not unusual also.

Radio presets only, all the station info is transmitted.

ELES6CTS
04-30-10, 04:27 PM
I'm going to check the ECM connectors. Which ground do you think is bad?

heavymetals
04-30-10, 05:01 PM
Depends on what you disturbed doing the clutch bleed and taking off the fender.

Also, check the battery/condition and connections.

There are at least four grounds on the motor at the back of the heads alone.

ELES6CTS
04-30-10, 05:22 PM
I don't remember touching anything electrical when I did the clutch bleed. The only things I unhooked while doing the grills when I took the bumper off were the side marker connectors and the main connector to the fog lights.

heavymetals
04-30-10, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't start pulling crap apart if your not throwing codes and you "think it feels/idles funny" but your not sure.

If you say you didn't disturb anything electrical, then I guess your problem (if there even is one) is not electrical unless your battery is on its' way out.

The only way to lose the presets is to clear them or disconnect the radio from the battery, by fuse or connection or whatever is in the chain.

The radio could be going funky too.

ELES6CTS
05-01-10, 07:30 AM
Well I'll keep an eye on the battery and hopefully it was just a fluke thing. Thanks for the info.