: No gauges

joemugg
04-29-10, 07:38 PM
I have a 96 Seville SLS and last night the temp gauge, speedo and tach quit working, the info display quit and the digital readout of the AC control quit working. However, the backlights on the cluster light up when the headlights are turned on and the AC controls work, both on the steering wheel and the knobs, you just can't see what the temp is. Oh, and the windshield washer pump isn't spraying. Everything else seems to work. I checked every fuse in all 3 fuse locations and the only one I found blown was a 30amp marked for rear defog. I replaced it, but nothing changed.

Robertsong
05-03-10, 04:30 PM
I had a '95 ElDorado ETC and had the same thing happen to me. Although it was out of warranty by several years, the mileage was low, so the dealer with support from Cadillac Western region worked on the problem. Nearly $1,000 in rental car charges later, they came up with some shorted wires. They replaced the entire instrument gauge cluster though before the short was found. Truth is though the problem came back, and finally I sold the car. Good luck to you!