: 100% cotton towels..NO WHERE

Princenaseem
04-29-10, 12:53 PM
This really sucks, i have looked all over in bed, bath beyond and departments stores and i can not find 100% cotton made in the USA towells anywhere.

I know there are some sites i can get some good towels, but I need to detail my car this weekend and i won't be able to get them in time, so i figured I'd find something at one of these stores and nothign.

The towels i'm finding are extremely soft but i'm going based on Zaino webiste reccomendation that it must be made in the USA and it looks like these days none are..at laest in local stores.

Can anyone help me out? I plan on orderign DF contour towels since i've heard great things about them, but i need something for now...

The Tony Show
04-29-10, 02:06 PM
Griotsgarage.com sells 100% cotton and microfiber towels with cotton edge stitching. A lot of 100% towels still use polyester or nylon for the edges, which will scratch paint.

Princenaseem
04-29-10, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the reply. yea, ive found some places that have towels online but unfortuently i won't have them in time to do the car this weekend.

I was also going to cut the border off the towels i purchased, per Zaino reccomendation.

Do you guys feel the CD scratch test is a valid test to see if a towel will scratch or not? I'm thinking of going any buying a high end towel and taking a CD with me and trying this out.

hcvone
05-04-10, 06:40 AM
Bed Bath and Beyond you can find Martex Atelier towels, they are made in the USA and are 100% cotton, we take them and cut off the edges and they are resewn with 100% cotton thread, you can get this done at some tailoring stores too

dkozloski
05-04-10, 03:17 PM
Go to the fabric store and buy yard goods.

SPreston2001
05-05-10, 07:32 PM
I actually switched to microfiber towels.