: Just took delivery on my '04 CTS-V, need to replace rotors/pads.

brok3n
04-29-10, 12:24 PM
As the title states, I need to replace the front pads/rotors. The previous owner let them go for WAY to long and the front passenger rotor is showing a groove on the inside edge of the rotor... I can probably get away with turning the rears and just replacing the pads.

My question is, I went to Murrays to look for pricing and they have two different front brake rotors, supposedly for the two different suspension setups that were offered on the CTS-V. (FG2 and FE4)

Is there any difference in the front rotors between the two suspension setups? I wouldn't think there would be because if what I read was correct they just replaced the rear shocks with monotubes.

Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
-Mike

ctsv154
04-29-10, 12:35 PM
Front rotors are the same regarless of suspension. FG2 is just a stiffer stock.

brok3n
04-29-10, 12:36 PM
Front rotors are the same regarless of suspension. FG2 is just a stiffer stock.

That's what I thought. I guess I'll just get the cheaper ones then...

rjoffe
04-29-10, 03:02 PM
Don't go cheap on rotors, otherwise if you start using the car for what it was designed for (road track) you will be replacing them in no time.

brok3n
04-29-10, 03:35 PM
Don't go cheap on rotors, otherwise if you start using the car for what it was designed for (road track) you will be replacing them in no time.

For the time being I'm just going to be driving it back and forth to work. My plan is to see if I can get some DBA or Powerslot rotors down the road... but it's pretty much undrivable at this time. Thus, cheaper is the winner.