: lean bank 1 lean bank 2 code 171 & 174

sho1992
04-28-10, 11:37 PM
Clear the codes and drive for 10 min park and then on restart codes come back saying lean bank 1 lean bank 2.My tech says there's no leak after the MAF.Has K & N so more o2 getting to the TB and PCM is still showing 24% adjustment.What can be done to get the right mix so that I don't go through o2 sensors every 6 months? Need help.:confused

SkullV
04-28-10, 11:39 PM
LS6 or LS2?

thebigjimsho
04-29-10, 12:27 AM
Clear the codes and drive for 10 min park and then on restart codes come back saying lean bank 1 lean bank 2.My tech says there's no leak after the MAF.Has K & N so more o2 getting to the TB and PCM is still showing 24% adjustment.What can be done to get the right mix so that I don't go through o2 sensors every 6 months? Need help.:confused
You have the 2nd most awesomest screenname on these forums!!!!!!!!!!

ctsv154
04-29-10, 06:24 AM
Is your K&N oiled properly? I installed a high flow filter and they didn't send the oil so I drove it to town to get some. On my way there, I got the same codes. As soon as I oiled the filter properly, they never came back. So if you have cleaned it or if its newly installed, that would be something to look at.

CadiBlk
04-29-10, 09:00 AM
^^^ if it is freshly oiled, then clean the maf screen.

I usually I oil my filter and let it dry for a long time, then go drive and park and clean the maf.

sho1992
04-29-10, 05:17 PM
It's an 06' V running great but stubborn codes won't stay cleared

bjohnso0
05-04-10, 01:25 AM
Those 2 codes occuring at the same time usually happen when intake gaskets or injector o-rings start leaking, sucking air past them. It's real common on trucks and there was a TSB about updated intake gaskets on the cars.

The Tony Show
05-04-10, 11:00 AM
It could also be a dirty or bad MAF. Try delicately cleaning it with some aerosol MAF cleaner, and if that doesn't work, see if you can temporarily swap in a MAF from another car (a buddy comes in real handy here).

I chased a lean code in my old car forever, replacing injector o-rings, intake gaskets, o2 sensors and more. After all that, a new MAF cured it.