: 07 esv third row seat stuck??

esvdon
04-28-10, 06:47 PM
my rear third row seat will not fod down and i need anyones ideas to fix this please

buckeyefan007
04-28-10, 11:01 PM
There should be a lever on the bottom outside corner of each seat. Just lift the lever and pull the seat back up. If the seats were taken completely out and not installed back correctly then they will not fold up. If that is the case you will have to take them out again and reinstall correctly.

Hope this helps.

esvdon
04-29-10, 02:24 AM
thanx 4 the reply but my seat is stuck in the up position and it wont go down the lever does not engage whatever its supposed to in order for it to fold down

evil0ne
04-29-10, 03:59 AM
Push forward towards the driver's seat and lift the lever at the same time, sometimes it is more difficult then it should be.

buckeyefan007
04-29-10, 09:54 AM
Push forward towards the driver's seat and lift the lever at the same time, sometimes it is more difficult then it should be.

I agree, I thought I had this problem with mine also so I took it to the dealer to have them look at it, turns out there was nothing wrong, and I felt really stupid.

To fold it down it should be the same lever, just lift the lever and push the seatback to fold it down.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-30-10, 03:41 PM
I've also found some information on this in the owners manual for the vehicle. Pages 19 through 37 are very informative on the issues going through both the manual and the automatic folding features. I hope this helps you!

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Mitch Leland
07-08-10, 01:16 AM
I've had similar problems, not sure what I've done to get the seats un-stuck. My biggest gripe is that you have to be a world class weight lifer to manage to install the seats in the first place. I keep my seats stored most of the time on a second story balcony, it just about kills me getting them down the stairs. They must be 5 G crash proof at Mach II. Terrible design...

hcvone
07-08-10, 07:19 AM
This can happen if the seat is not "locked" correctly into position, it takes some wrestling around and can drive you insane in no time, it happened to me when I put the seats back in my 08', it took me an hour of in and out, pushing and pulling, and the second seat took 5 seconds

Poindexter
07-09-10, 12:18 PM
This can happen if the seat is not "locked" correctly into position, it takes some wrestling around and can drive you insane in no time, it happened to me when I put the seats back in my 08', it took me an hour of in and out, pushing and pulling, and the second seat took 5 seconds

Ditto, if you try to take the seat out before you have folded it, it will lock in the open position. You have to re-seat the seat to get it to close.