: Front turn signals how to replace?

ESCALADE132
04-28-10, 05:10 PM
:confused:Has anyone replaced their front turn signals with clear bulbs so it looks clear throught the lens. If so what bulbs did you use and where did you get them. How do you replace the bulb underneath by the fog light, I don't see a bulb like I can see the fog light bulb and wire.
Thanks

mark v.
04-30-10, 04:35 PM
i don't know.but if your state has a annual safety insp.a clear turn signal will fail.dot regs require front turnsignals to be amber on cars from 1963 and newer.

Merc
04-30-10, 05:57 PM
I had "Stealth Bulbs" on my old mercedes and I believe I purchased them at Auto Zone. They are pretty cool and give off a blueish tint instead of orange. I have been thinknig about changing out the turn signal bulbs as well, but I am too lazy to get under the front bumper and see how to do it.

ESCALADE132
05-01-10, 09:26 AM
just ordered these
You can use the Sylvania 3457A ST Silverstar High Performance Signal.

It appears clear (slight silver glint) when off, but burns amber when on.(blink)

A page: http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-3357A...2490843&sr=8-1

WaterKing
05-01-10, 10:08 AM
You can also do this with LEDs, google V-LEDS Part ID: 7443_48_SMT_WA.
"M-SMT LED
Now these are wicked! White parking circuit and Amber High/Turn, specifically designed for clear front turn signal lenses. Now you can have that HID white look you want and still be totally legal."

WaterKing
05-01-10, 10:35 AM
I changed mine by removing the attaching plastic clips and screws on the front of the wheel liner then you can take the light out by removing the holding nuts or change the bulbs individually. NOTE: Never run your Escalade in the wet without the front liners installed. Water will be thrown into the headlight area and will work its way into the light ballast and ruin it. Happened to me after I put 24" wheels to check for rubbing and had the one liner out for modification.