: Thinking About Doing Custom Exhaust

TMC CL65
04-28-10, 04:06 PM
I have an appointment next week to have MBS (Mandrel Bending Solutions) do a custom cat back exhaust (in 3" 409 SS) for my CTS-V. I am looking to delete the secondary cats and do an x-pipe. I might go with Borla mufflers and tips. Based on my conversation with them, this should probably set me back about $1,200 (including Borla mufflers and tips). It seems like the Borla cat back system is retailing for about $1,500 + installation. What do you guys think?

Tom

Gotham CTS-V
04-29-10, 07:54 AM
Eh, for another couple hundred bucks, why not just go with the full Borla? It looks like a great exhaust system.

Goodluck

hunterkiller
04-29-10, 10:13 AM
I have an appointment next week to have MBS (Mandrel Bending Solutions) do a custom cat back exhaust (in 3" 409 SS) for my CTS-V. I am looking to delete the secondary cats and do an x-pipe. I might go with Borla mufflers and tips. Based on my conversation with them, this should probably set me back about $1,200 (including Borla mufflers and tips). It seems like the Borla cat back system is retailing for about $1,500 + installation. What do you guys think?

TomAMR headers remove the cats Ex pipe straight back to DMH electronic cut outs to Corsa OR Borla mufflers. I love my set up. Bad ass loud to a nice quiet rumble on demand. Good luck