: Turbo northstar in a truck!?

Kick94sts
04-28-10, 03:27 PM
You guys gotta see this

YouTube- Rear Engine Mazda pickup with a turbocharged Cadillac Northstar

he says they configured an LS1 ecm to run the N* with the turbo....very interesting....

Jailtime
04-28-10, 03:40 PM
Nice truck, that thing looks fast as hell! Sounds good too. Someone had lots of time/money on their hands to build that thing.

STSS
04-28-10, 03:56 PM
Do some searching on here... that guy was on here when he was building it.... I remember watching that video when he first posted it.

Submariner409
04-28-10, 04:47 PM
Yep, about two years back..........AJ and others have configured LS1 management systems to run Northstars but not in a FWD Seville, Deville, or Eldorado. I don't remember what management system Mark was running in his turbo STS.

stoveguyy
04-29-10, 04:17 PM
lots of kit cars with FWD motor/transaxles that get stuffed in aftermarket bodies. my dad used to sell kits. we had a corvair greenbriar van with an olds 455/auto trans in the rear. open the rear doors and viola. there it is. carbed motor of course. but lots of engine management pcms forsale.

Kick94sts
04-29-10, 04:19 PM
Yep, about two years back..........AJ and others have configured LS1 management systems to run Northstars but not in a FWD Seville, Deville, or Eldorado. I don't remember what management system Mark was running in his turbo STS.

What does it matter that it's front wheel drive? Just curious.

AJxtcman
04-29-10, 04:37 PM
The guy live about 100 miles from my location. I have visited him many times.

The head gaskets failed on the junk yard engine. :suspect:

Now it has:

a new engine. :drool:
180 headers for that Late model sound :drool:
It is getting a new turbo added :drool: Twin Turbo :thumbsup:
And a new Twin Turbo tune :drool: that I will knock out for my good friend Steve.

Submariner409
04-29-10, 04:43 PM
Kick, you own a FWD Seville........Talk to me about engine management, transmission management, body electronics, turbocharger installation, steering, unitized drivetrain, TheftLock, room for equipment, and every other system that conspires to make serious engine modification of our cars as a daily driver seem to be the elusive Holy Grail.

Kick94sts
04-29-10, 05:33 PM
I don't ever plan on adding these things, unless I become filthy rich, or not within the next 15 years lol, just was curious the other day.