: 07 Cts-V Need Help!!

CTSVrolledOUT
04-27-10, 09:12 PM
Alright I got a 2007 Cadillac CTS-V with Prc stage 2 Ls6 style heads w/ dual spring &titanium retainers, Comp cam 232/234 112 lsa cam,Powerbond underdrive pulley,Fast Ls 92mm Intake ported by jeremy formata in Fl to a 94mm,Lingenfelter air intake,Ls7 clutch and flywheel,Lingenfelter short throw shifter,BMR fabrication bushing for the anti wheel hop kit & Pinion Bracket,(which has not done shit for the car!!),1/7/8 Kooks long tube headers,Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust,Drilled and slotted rotors W/ ceramic brake pads,CCW wheels with dunlop tires..

My problem is this... If i am driving at a constant speed the car wants to lug and it seems like its starving for fuel. and now the check engine light has came on in the car. I am wondering if it could be a few different things?? I'm going tomorrow to get them to run the code and see what it is throwing!

Could it be..

Plugs?
Fuel Pump?
Fuel Filter?

you tell me???

I have sat at a red light twice now and the car drop from its idle and almost die.

Not to mention I get pissed everytime i'm in the car, having to listen to the POS rear diff clank and the damn thing wheel hops so bad!!!

Sorry if this post is a little fuzzy, I am furious right now I just got back home from a ride in the damn car!!!

Thanks for everyone's help in advance..

SkullV
04-27-10, 09:21 PM
Get the code read at Autozone. This only happens at a constant speed? It still accelerates fine at WOT? Do you hear any pinging? Is there a certain RPM range where you notice this condition or is it at any RPM?

CTSVrolledOUT
04-27-10, 09:25 PM
There is a little Hesitation that I have just started noticing at rev out.. and ive been sitting at red lights and it has happend twice now where the rpm's just drop at idle and almost die... I am so pissed! not to mention i wish i could take my car to somewhere here in Tennessee to get the damn thing to stop wheel hoping and actually squat and GO!!:bomb:

CTSVrolledOUT
04-27-10, 09:26 PM
to me it just feels like its starving for fuel.. acting like the fuel filter is clogged big time!! but would this actually throw the check engine light on??

whisler151
04-27-10, 09:30 PM
Get new axles for the car. It fixes the hop. See my '07 below There are several vendors but I prefer GForce http://www.shop.gforce1320.com/category.sc?categoryId=22

QpKFWvowfnU

As for your other problems, take to your tuner and have them fix your issues. Like Skull said, have Autozone check your codes to see what the deal is.

SkullV
04-27-10, 09:42 PM
to me it just feels like its starving for fuel.. acting like the fuel filter is clogged big time!! but would this actually throw the check engine light on??

A lean condition would set the check engine light. How many miles are on the car? The fuel filters are good for 30k+.

CTSVrolledOUT
04-27-10, 09:44 PM
Whistler kick ass car!! how much did the axles set you back?? Im still new to the cadis and still learning whats good and whats not.. And my cadi has 36k miles on it.. I'm hoping thats all that is wrong with the car.. the car was tuned not to long ago! and ran great!!

CTSVrolledOUT
04-27-10, 09:45 PM
Sorry whistler i just clicked your link that you posted up.. 549 ant too bad! guess thats gonna have to be done before I lower her! if I decide to keep it.. I would love to talk to the main guy at GM about their damn Rear DIFFS!!! its ridiculous!

SkullV
04-27-10, 09:48 PM
At 36K I would FIRST get the code run at Autozone because it may be something simple (is the CEL flashing or solid?) after that depending on what the code is, change the fuel filter, seafoam treatment, and clean the MAF sensor. The LS2's also do not like cold air intakes for some reason so that may have something to do with your issue. Also as far as axles, with your car making that much power I wouldn't waste my money on anything out there but the DSS 1000hp axles from either Hendrix Engineering, Paschal Performance, or straight from DSS. Gforce is supposed to be releasing some race axles soon too if you are set on Gforce.

whisler151
04-27-10, 10:03 PM
I agree, go to Autozone. They will check the code for free. You will know where to stat from there.
Regarding axles, you can do just the one side and it will cut the wheel hop on the street. If you are going to be doing a lot of drag racing then you may as well do the race axles, but they are pricey. DSS is the maker but there are several vendors out there.

PISNUOFF
04-27-10, 10:34 PM
An O2 sensor going bad will dump fuel and lug the motor. Mine last about 12 months max.

Stepside
04-27-10, 11:24 PM
How long after your last fill-up did the problem start?
Are you still on that fuel from last time you put gasoline in it?

Den_93
04-28-10, 12:07 AM
I would check for a vacuum leak and your O2's. Make sure all the CAI fittings are tight, no leaks on the intake, TB....and change your spark plugs.

CTSVrolledOUT
04-28-10, 12:41 AM
Thanks, I'll know more tomorrow when I have the code checked....

CTSVrolledOUT
04-28-10, 05:23 PM
I found and fixed my problem guys!! The damn air intake had came completely apart and it set the 02 sensor off.. the filter was just laying in the airbox.. glad that's all it was...

SkullV
04-28-10, 05:24 PM
You sure it was an o2 sensor code? Glad you figured it out though!

CTSVrolledOUT
04-29-10, 06:12 PM
Yea! The damn air intake had completely came apart..

whisler151
04-29-10, 07:10 PM
Yea! The damn air intake had completely came apart..

That will cause idling issues. :histeric: