: Rain Guards/ Exhaust Tip

ESCALADE132
04-27-10, 03:43 PM
I had the window guards on my Denali and not sure if I should buy new ones for my Escalade. What do you guys think? Any pics with Escalades with them on? Also thinking of adding a chrome exhaust tip, which one will fit the Escalade best and where is the best place to get them?
Thanks

hcvone
04-27-10, 04:56 PM
I am not a rain guard person, they work just don't like the looks. GM Performance makes a tip, several members have purchased it

http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Cadillac/2010/Escalade/Exhaust%20Tip%20-%20OE%20or%20Cat-Back/?tx_gmshopb2b_pi1%5Btype%5D=gm

TSS
04-28-10, 10:57 AM
I had the GM Perf tip and was really happy with the factory look and quality. It withstood three harsh MI winters like a champ.

silverws6ta
04-28-10, 07:11 PM
I personally like the rain guards; i perfer the 'inchannel' ones -- no noise; and not gawdy like their predecessors.
http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk366/silverws6ta/IMG00559-20100320-1240.jpg

I have the GM Exhaust; this is the slash cut tip. Very good quality -- This was before i adjusted it up further and tucked it in more.

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk366/silverws6ta/IMG00970-20090831-1821.jpg
Not the best quality pic; but you get the idea.

ESCALADE132
04-28-10, 07:37 PM
looks good, where did you get the in channel ones? does the dealer have them or just the 3m stick on ones. what is the part number for your exhaust tip. how do the in channel ones install, is it hard?
thanks

silverws6ta
04-28-10, 07:54 PM
I had my local Autozone order them since they were honestly the cheapest; its a 4 piece set from AVS Ventshade; GM doesn't offer them -- they are very easy to install and very quiet. I like the look of them; and even with tinted windows offer a little additional shade to the interior.

I'll search for the P/N -- do you have stock exhaust? I have the GM Exhaust - Performance -- thats referred to as the 'slash cut' tip - but I believe the part numbers vary between stock and GMPP exhaust.

101mph62
04-28-10, 10:34 PM
how far do your "inchannel" ones come down in the front by the mirror? I bought some of ebay and they come all the way down in the front pretty much to the chrome strip, and would perfer it if they didnt

Big Windy Ext
04-29-10, 09:15 AM
I have had Weathertech by Macneil Automotive on a previous Suburban , they stretched the channels after some time , became loose , rattled and some blew away above legal limit driving . I believe they contributed to my windows freezing shut , but never sought out why , because it was friggin' cold . They did hook me up with one that blew off , I have two of their bug guards , both cracked in the same exact spot , can't find my receipt , so I guess I'm out on those . I didn't buy any of their stuff this time , quit smoking and the bug shield won't look good or keep any bugs off the windshield anyway , probably save the front from some chips but still look better in the long run .

ESCALADE132
04-29-10, 11:46 AM
I have the stock exhaust
thanks