: Servicing and engine diagnostics

bigcul1
04-27-10, 04:59 AM
Ok getting a little worried now. Have contacted a Saab and a Vauxhall dealership so far about servicing. Also asked them about engine diagnostics. Both have flatly refused to carry out engine diagnostics as they say the software for Cadillac, Saab and Vauxhall all differ. Servicing sould not be a problem but if I get a warning light on im pretty worried about how I go about getting in resolved. I live in North Yorkshire and the closest Garage with Tech 2 technology is Baurer Millet in Manchester. Dont fancy driving 2 hours with a warning light on. Any ideas? :banghead:

S70RMP
04-27-10, 01:05 PM
Have you tried looking for a mobile technician ?

They may be able to help have the plug in kit.

The AA have it !

What problems are you having?

bigcul1
04-28-10, 04:58 AM
Well, before I bought my car I took it for a test drive and the engine management light was on. I said to the dealer that I would have the car if the problem regarding the light was fixed. Anyway, went to pick up the car and the light was off, asked what the problem was and the said the EGR valve needed a clean. Ok fine. Now after having the car for a bit I have noticed in the manual about 6 lights which should illuminate on ignition and turn off once the car is started. On of these is the engine management light, however on my car it does not illuminate. I am worried that the dealer has simply turned the light off to get me to buy the car.

Also I have noticed at idle or low revs on odd occasions plumes of blue smoke blowing out the exhaust. It doesnt happen often but is embarrasing when it happens. I am led to believe this could be the EGR valve, DPF regeneration not completing the cycle or oil seals. Not sure which tho.................:bomb:

S70RMP
04-28-10, 04:15 PM
I'd get it checked at B.M. in Manchester

I've had serviced there and it's needs to go back next month for a service