: wait4 me performance

lawnstripes
04-27-10, 12:19 AM
so went to the web site- and theres no parts list or prices.... any one know where to find the prices for there parts?

Thanks

Ross L
04-27-10, 12:40 AM
I love web sites. Looking at parts, prices and different options. But, that website is usless to me. Other than having contact info. He really needs a better website IMO. Maybe he's doing all the buisness he wants/needs and the website isn't a priority. Please dont take any of this wrong, its just that he has such great products(and services, so I've read) its a shame not to be able to "see" everything on a website. Plus he could link to all the wonderful youtube videos:thumbsup:
Ross

dvandentop
04-27-10, 01:46 AM
yep could be selling alot more i am sure

Prof
04-27-10, 04:43 AM
Seems a good business manager may be needed. When someone can provide a great product, but has difficulty managing the business aspects of the enterprise...customer contact, promotion, advertising...etc. it isn't long before the financial aspects or taxes or personnel issues seem to get out of hand.

In my final working years I spent time consulting for boards of directors of large institutions...my role was usually coaching relatively new CEO's. The small issues always seemed to get put aside, and if the CEO only focused on the things they liked to do rather than what needed to be done, the business would often falter.

One of the things I tried to stress was that it is the job of the top person to get the things done well, that they did not like or have familiarity doing. When staff resources are scarce the burden falls to the boss to get the important things done, not just the the things that seem urgent.

Rant off.

GMX322V S/C
04-27-10, 06:21 AM
His low-overhead approach is a real boon to true gearheads--his price/performance value is second to none, but since he's the "sole source" for his wizardry, well, when it comes to support, we all get in line... If he were to add support staff, we'd probably all welcome the increased level of accessibility to his vast knowledge base--but there's no free lunch...

Overall, in my opinion, our community is pretty lucky to have him as an owner/enthusiast/developer for our cars, but it's probably worth reminding ourselves that he also serves many other brands/platforms as well. He's got to be a very busy man.

cbloveday
04-27-10, 08:11 AM
From what I saw, his business is a labor of love. With growth comes complexity. If he wants to grow his market share, it is there for him. Some people are satisfied with the size and scope of their business. I know he has a wife and two children and is happy with the market cap he has now. I feel blessed that he is only 3 hours from me.

Prof
04-27-10, 09:10 AM
Having a good tuner close is a blessing for sure. They are in short supply, and Jesse seems to be an expert.

The old adage usually applies...if you are not growing your business, then it is dying. As the demand increases, the failure to grow begins to erode the reputation and the brand takes on a new personality...so in my mind maintaining a business at an acceptable level is a dangerous path that requires incredible attention...and usually more and more specialization and narrowing of the universe served.

Usually the decision needs to be made to manage...and it is a huge decision...I have a friend that wrote a book many years ago about the decision to manage rather than do...it was titled: "You Really Ought to Wanna"...it talked about wanting to manage rather that just wanting to do...

I hope Jesse is happy, and that his customers continue to be happy...that is Nirvana in my mind.

musclesbmf
04-27-10, 11:20 AM
He does this cadillac stuff basically for "fun". Not his main business from what he's posted in the past. thats why his labor and parts and tuning are so inexpensive. He makes his coin from being and EFI Live expert and doing things for that company (training etc) and doing world wide tunes for many many other vehicles besides the V.
As for his parts, he posted up a page on this site with parts and pricing... do a search for his screen name.

Mark

Prof
04-27-10, 11:34 AM
If the stuff he does here is avocation with an attempt to have a little margin...that is wonderful for us and an outstanding position for him.

thebigjimsho
04-27-10, 12:22 PM
He does this cadillac stuff basically for "fun". Not his main business from what he's posted in the past. thats why his labor and parts and tuning are so inexpensive. He makes his coin from being and EFI Live expert and doing things for that company (training etc) and doing world wide tunes for many many other vehicles besides the V.
As for his parts, he posted up a page on this site with parts and pricing... do a search for his screen name.

Mark
Much like StealthV. People just have to understand going in these guys aren't institutions that can take you in ASAP no matter what...

lawnstripes
04-27-10, 12:51 PM
after watching Jess's vids--- alot of lingenfelder and w4m parts look to be the same........ i that true?

CadV
04-27-10, 01:02 PM
after watching Jess's vids--- alot of lingenfelder and w4m parts look to be the same........ i that true?

He gets his stuff from Lingenfelter :P

CTSV4now
04-27-10, 01:49 PM
For prices, you need to call him.
For instructions, you need to call him.
For support, you need to call him.

Are you catching on to the pattern?

oneman42
04-27-10, 02:01 PM
Maybe one of you who is a little more into computers can develop his website for free and that will help him. Jess did the PCM tune on my 1997 GTP probably 5 years ago and I am still getting 0 KR.
Oneman42

CoOlSlY
04-27-10, 06:02 PM
Since march 12 i'm trying to get my tunes to work properly. I call, his voicemail is full, I e-mail them, no answer from him or Hannah (But it was very quick when I was inquiring about pricing though...)... Sending two messages a week so do the math, we are april 27th. What else to do if calling and e-mailing doesn't work!!!

Whatever people say, very poor level of service and i'm not the first one to mention it. Just called again, voicemail is still full and no answer... It's not like if he was on vacation for the last month and a half... I'm sure he's a great guy and he's a wizard when speaking of the V but a company wich don't return e-mails or is unreachable is a no brainer to me. Also, a month and a half without being able to have support (i.e. the tunes I've asked for...) is also a no-brainer to me for something wich is quite easy for him. I know it takes him time but I've been told that I would have three custom tunes, I think I should have them ;) Very disappointed, fortunatly, my DVD/NAV hack was not defective but I have a useless SCT for now.

CadV
04-27-10, 06:43 PM
I take shit for being critical of him but I brought him on to this forum so I feel obligated. Hell, I posted guides and pictures of his products early on and the more problems I had the less I could get a hold of him.

I have heard every excuse in the book. Plain and simple when he is making a sell he is there for you but afterwards you might as well shoot yourself rather than depend on the guy.

His nick cannot be more fitting "wait4me" cause that is all you will ever do. I am sure his personal service ( in his area) is different but his out of state service is abysmal.

You have a group of guys who hug his nuts and another group that wouldn't trust him as far as they can throw him.

Personally, I think he is full of shit. This is just not me I have spoke to a number of people to basically come to this conclusion.

Sorry just being honest for you new guys. If you need help PM me and I will give you my number. I don't want you guys to go through what I did on a expensive car like this.

whodats cts-v
04-27-10, 08:28 PM
thanks 4 info

lawnstripes
04-27-10, 09:45 PM
i dont know him from anyone else--- but that was why i asked the question about his and lingenfelter parts looking the same...... (they are-- from what has been posted) but his prices are the same from what i have seen as lingenfelter!!!!

is lingenfelter a PITA to get ahold of? Hows there customer service?

CoOlSlY
04-27-10, 10:01 PM
...His nick cannot be more fitting "wait4me" cause that is all you will ever do. I am sure his personal service ( in his area) is different but his out of state service is abysmal.

I'm not that mad but mainly disappointed because I can't reach him in any ways (phone or e-mail). I dunno what to do and basically, I just want him to send me the proper tunes wich was included when I purchased the handheld... Hope to get this solved in a near futur...

Prof
04-27-10, 10:21 PM
i dont know him from anyone else--- but that was why i asked the question about his and lingenfelter parts looking the same...... (they are-- from what has been posted) but his prices are the same from what i have seen as lingenfelter!!!!

I have enjoyed the Lingenfelter experience. I worked with the sales manager (Tim Dyer). We arranged the appointment, and I got a full tour of the facility when I arrived...and was on my way to the airport in less than an hour. A few days later I returned and Tim was waiting at the airport to take me to LPE. When we arrived my car had been detailed and was sitting right in front of the office. Tim went over the car with me and showed me all of the alterations, provided me with a certificate of authenticity, the dyno sheets and a detailed list of the modifications applied.

Upon returning to Chicago, I went on the LPE web site and ordered a few "Lingenfelter" items, Tim called a few hours after I ordered and said that one of the items I ordered was on back order. He asked if I wanted to make two shipments or just wait until the missing item was in stock.

I could not be happier.

I also am anxiously awaiting next stage modifications...Tim is keeping me abreast of the development process.

Very professional...total customer satisfaction...but they also have 30 years of learning to do it right, and they have a brand that needs to be protected...and they do that religiously.

thebigjimsho
04-28-10, 01:40 PM

I tried calling but it was after-hours. I knew what I wanted so I ordered online. The next afternoon I got a call from LPE confirming the order and that it was suppose to go to Behe.

Lingenfelter has a great reputation and that has been consistent. With builds or just products they provide quality...

lawnstripes
04-28-10, 02:23 PM
after reading my post-- i didnt want it to seem like i was kicking/bad mouthing w4m-- just asking noob questions